Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Simple Question

IntoTheFrayIntoTheFray Alum Member
edited June 2018 in General 67 karma

This is my first post on this forum, so hello everyone!

I've been studying for a while now and as I was drilling LG today I couldn't help but wonder:

Are the pages on the actual LSAT double sided for the LG section?

I'm asking because I often find that I have to re-copy my master diagram if the pages are double sided, since going back and forth between pages to look at my diagram is highly inefficient.

On the other hand, if the section is single sided, there would be no need to re-copy the original diagram.
It's a minor concern, but I'm wondering because it could potentially save 30 seconds per game. I also want to be able to practice as effectively as possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

For lg the format has changed so that they give you more space if you look at 72+ the game is spread out over 2 pages , half the questions on one the other half on the other sheet , if you need to split and make adjustments to the master game board try to do it as close to the question as possible (jys suggestion) .... as for the actual LSAT I would assume it’s the same format ? Hopefully someone below can clarify

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

AR has been double-sided since 2012, and there is no reason to suspect it will change anytime soon (if the LSAC decided to switch back, it will face howls of rage and disappointment, which the LSAC wouldn't want to face these days). I personally don't see why there should be another main diagram on the second page, but surely you have your reason(s). If you are that concerned about saving time, try drawing your main diagram close to the right end of the first page.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Every single official LSAT I have taken had games that took up two pages!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    Every single official LSAT I have taken had games that took up two pages!

7sage reformatted the old games to be two pages.

@OP, LSAT Hacks suggests diagramming on the second page to avoid glancing back and forth. https://lsathacks.com/guide/faq/how-to-go-faster-logic-games/

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I really like the idea of reading the rules 4 times before starting the game and it's something I've implemented. The rest is up to you and what you find works best. I've tried diagramming sub game boards beside questions and depending on the type of game board it is, I might run out of space. If it's a larger sequencing game with 8 dashes or so then I've found it to be inadequate. That's why I like drawing sub game-boards on the bottom of the second page.

But yes to answer your original question,the two pages of the game are side by side.

• IntoTheFrayIntoTheFray Alum Member
    67 karma

Thank you all for the replies!

I now realize that my question was actually completely misguided, as I had been printing out the games wrong this whole time: I wasn't printing from the toner friendly page, which resulted in me having the rules on one side of the paper and the questions on the other.

Obviously, that was silly on my part, since I had to go back and forth between sides of the paper to look at my diagram and then to look at the questions.

Unlike the LSAT, I knew this wasn't logical :blush: