Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stamina/fatigue is killing me, any tips on how to remain focused?

sroscoe234sroscoe234 Free Trial Member
edited June 2018 in General 15 karma

I start off the test performing well with a clear mind, and usually go -0 to -3 on the 1st and 2nd section. Yet when I get to the 3rd section, I feel like I'm not as focused, my mind isn't as clear. And this reflects itself in my score on that section, this usually effects me more on LR because the tricky questions do require a bit more concentration. When I'm fatigued I tend to go -7 on LR, it's like I can't concentrate on the questions deeply like I could during the 1st and 2nd sections. When I go to BR I bring it from -7 to at least -2, I really do think it's an issue of concentration and not boredom/distracted.

I plan to take 8 sections of LR with 15min after the 4th one. Do you guys think this will help? Or should I just take two four section PTs back to back with 15min in between instead? I'm trying to use my time more efficiently, and right now my core issue is being clear headed/not fatigued right at the 3rd section. I've read @"Seeking Perfection" recommend taking two PTs with 15min in between them. I don't have a problem with burn out at all, only loss of concentration/fatigue.

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I would definitely emphasize building your endurance but I do not think it is necessary to take back to back exams or more than four consecutive sections. The best way to acclimate yourself is to just keep doing it. Seriously. Do three sections consecutively. Then do three more sections. That is what you are going to get on your test so it is best to replicate it exactly. When you get to the third section, take a few seconds to regain your composure before the section begins. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. It is a sprint, sure. But if you need a few moments to get back on the horse, you should take them.

• testfromawaytestfromaway Alum Member
    280 karma

Focus and endurance were definitely major problems for me and, honestly, during the actual exam I was so filled with adrenaline that I was hyper-focused all the way through.

Build your endurance, but don't underestimate how you'll rise to the challenge during game time.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@testfromaway said:
    Build your endurance, but don't underestimate how you'll rise to the challenge during game time.

This is a really good point. I think your endurance on game day vs. your endurance on prep are two different things. You will be wired. However, don't rely on this. You still should put an active effort in preparing yourself for anything, even if you do underestimate your test day energy.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Vitamins. Exercise. Healthy eating.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    Vitamins. Exercise. Healthy eating.

I’d add meditation to this also.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Also, be patient with yourself. It's going to get better.