Admissions Webinar + Editing Giveaway! Weds, Jun 27 @ 9 p.m. ET

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited July 2018 in Webinars 7262 karma

Hi everyone! The webinar is up here: https://7sage.com/admissions/webinar/

Update

Thank you to everyone who left a comment! The winner of the Edit Once giveaway is Alyssa V!

Note that we picked the winner randomly from the webinar's attendance report, then checked to make sure the winner had left a comment.

We'll probably do another webinar July 10, 11, or 12. Until then!

To enter the edit giveaway lottery:

1. Take a gander at the admissions course: 7sage.com/admissions/progress
  2. Leave a comment here in which you vote on the most useful lesson. (“I vote for Picking Your Personal Statement Topic.”)
  3. We’ll randomly pick a winner from the voters, so long as you attended the webinar.

7Sagers,

On Wednesday, June 27, at 9 p.m. ET, I’ll give you a bird’s-eye view of the admissions process. I’ll touch on almost every component of your application and take questions at the end.

:cookie: After the webinar, I’ll randomly select one attendee for a free Edit Once.

:warning: You’ll have to register for this webinar in advance.

→ Please register for the webinar (June 27, 2018 @ 9:00 p.m. ET) here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MtGPaBXPRBS72FPCI5aO3A

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Zoom might prompt you to download something before you can join the webinar, so I’d advise you to show up a bit early on Wednesday.

Hope to talk to you there!

Comments

• goblue123goblue123 Alum Member
    231 karma

Thanks for doing this!

• 439 karma

I'm going to be commuting home for the beginning of this webinar, does the service allow people to call in from a cellphone?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@LSATisJustLikeDarkSouls said:
    I'm going to be commuting home for the beginning of this webinar, does the service allow people to call in from a cellphone?

After you sign up, you will receive an email with a URL and a dial-in number, so I think you'll be able to call in from a cellphone!

• HopingforT14HopingforT14 Alum Member
    32 karma

How long will it be?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited June 2018 9372 karma

@"christiem.lawrence" said:
    How long will it be?

I think it was a little over an hour last year. Unless @"David.Busis" is planning to do more, I'm guessing it will be about an hour.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma

@"christiem.lawrence" @akistotle Yep—about an hour.

• edited June 2018 26 karma

Hello @"David.Busis" will the webinar be recorded? I may have to step away a bit early and want to pick up where I left off.

7262 karma

@"Iris Maute-Gibson" I'm not sure yet :neutral:

• Alyssa VAlyssa V Member
    14 karma

Can we email questions in advance or should we save them for the end of the webinar?

• SamRoseMSamRoseM Member
    15 karma

if we are unable to attend the webinar at 9, will it be accessible afterwards?

7262 karma

@"Alyssa V" please ask during the webinar.
    @"Iris Maute-Gibson" @SamRoseM The webinar will be available later here: https://7sage.com/admissions/webinar/. Access to recordings of the webinars is available with a purchase of the $10 admissions course.

• Juana B. AloyaJuana B. Aloya Alum Member
    19 karma

Most helpful lesson: "What affects your chances of getting into law school?"

• JaejaebinxJaejaebinx Alum Member
    edited June 2018 104 karma

Does anyone know where we can write the comment about the Admissions course for the giveaway? (P.S. Thanks for the helpful seminar @David!)

Edit: I really like the Top Law School Requirements section. There are just too many schools I'm planning to apply to and it's such a pain to go to different websites to do research on each school's requirements. Although I know I'd have to double check the requirements, having a handy list is awesome.

• Josh26Josh26 Member
    edited June 2018 3 karma

The "Admissions Timeline" was a very helpful lesson.

7262 karma

@JaeJaeJae Write the comment right here in these comments!

• MarClaAveMarClaAve Member
    edited June 2018 123 karma

The recommendation letters section was very helpful. I have so many more questions, looking forward to future webinars!

• cheyennetlewischeyennetlewis Alum Member
    39 karma

I vote for How to Pick A Personal Statement Topic. Thank you @"David.Busis" !

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I vote for How to Write a Personal Statement: Story Basics.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

The Letter of Recommendation advice was very helpful.

• roy_altyroy_alty Alum Member
    2 karma

I believe the "Why School X" section is most helpful because it provides valuable advice on showing a school why it stands out in your eyes.

• sarahwtruesarahwtrue Free Trial Member
    3 karma

The most helpful lessons for me so far have been the ones in the Letters of Recommendation section.

• tsengel_2018tsengel_2018 Alum Member
    144 karma

Most helpful lesson: "Why optional essay questions are a must, but not the optional Diversity Statement is a must."

• kleinstdkleinstd Alum Member
    68 karma

The question and answer period was very helpful! Thanks.

• vrendonvasquezvrendonvasquez Alum Member
    276 karma

Hi David, Thank you for taking the time for this webinar. Is there a link for entering the lottery for the free edit?

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

I felt that the lesson on Why X is the most helpful. Everyone says to write them, but few places go into detail!

• livesofotherslivesofothers Alum Member
    edited June 2018 22 karma

Thanks, David! This was really helpful and helped relieve some anxiety of the unknown.I found the section on the personal statements (looking for the delta) most helpful. As for the sections available on the admissions syllabus, I found (already listened to) "The What and Why of Personal Statements" helpful!

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

The advice about Early Decision was the most helpful for me!

• hl_alarakhl_alarak Alum Member
    158 karma

I vote for the Personal Statement section of the webinar.

Too bad I didn't get to ask a question. Nonetheless I deemed it very helpful - definitely gave me some very useful insight on the admission process overall. Thank you for your time and look forward to participating in your upcoming webinars soon!

• alighieri09alighieri09 Free Trial Member
    edited June 2018 2 karma

having a well-formatted , searchable database of law schools by rank, LSAT and GPA percentiles is my favorite thing about using this site so far. it works wayyy smoother than the LSAC equivalent, and contains more useful information about app due dates and fees. i know it's not TECHNICALLY a lesson, but it's still a great resource.

• supboardersupboarder Alum Member
    109 karma

My most helpful lesson was "How to Write a Diversity Statement."

• shughes1596shughes1596 Alum Member
    4 karma

Most helpful lesson: "How to pick a personal statement topic."

• tmulholland3tmulholland3 Alum Member
    11 karma

Resume Template was very helpful. Thanks!

• Rule No 8Rule No 8 Alum Member
    141 karma

Most helpful lesson was the optional essays and that they aren't really optional. Thank you!

• misu777misu777 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

One vote for the "Admissions Timeline" lesson. Thanks for doing this Webinar David. Really appreciate it.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Most Common Personal Statement Mistakes. Thanks @"David.Busis"

• marisafiatmarisafiat Alum Member
    3 karma

I vote for How to Pick Your Personal Statement Topic. Thank you for giving the webinar!

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

How To Write a Personal Statement: Story Basics

This lesson helped me a ton because I didn't even know where to begin.

• jhbm_nycjhbm_nyc Alum Member
    568 karma

I vote for Application Requirements for Top Law Schools (2017). I have it bookmarked and refer to it all the time. Thank you for making it a free resource!

• elizabethmooreelizabethmoore Alum Member
    5 karma

I found the lesson on Why X and "Optional" Essays to be the most helpful-- Thank you for hosting this webinar!

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

I really liked the information on the resumes optional and not-optional. I also liked you showed us all that the admissions tab has to offer. I will definitely start going through the lessons!

• acevere84acevere84 Alum Member
    22 karma

I vote for the advice on optional essays. Important insight on how they aren't actually optional.

• Tasha_GFTasha_GF Free Trial Member
    10 karma

I vote for How to Pick a Personal Statement Topic

• Court. BCourt. B Member
    4 karma

I found the "How to Write a Personal Statement: Story Basics" very helpful as I prepare to write my personal statement. It is a good overview and a great introduction in where to start.

• foodie_lawfoodie_law Alum Member
    94 karma

I vote for the database of the law schools by GPA and LSAT!

• DEC NutsDEC Nuts Alum Member
    111 karma

Most helpful lesson: "What to cut" portion of the resume. Thank you.

• 5 karma

The Q&A session was most helpful- hearing different perspectives from similar conflicts. Particularly, the advice about contacting admissions offices to ask about their protocol on holding applications based on LSAT testing dates.

• 615 karma

I vote for "What Affects Your Chances of Getting Into Law School?"
    but because I really want to know how to use R code thing but have no idea what it is.

• ec8282013ec8282013 Member
    22 karma

Most helpful lesson is "Shaping your story" under the Personal Statement section.

It's difficult for me to figure out how to write a unique story.

• kesimskesims Free Trial Member
    3 karma

I vote for the "Application Requirements for Top Law Schools" course! Thank you for doing this webinar!

• AyahhhhhAyahhhhh Alum Member
    90 karma

Most helpful lesson was "Writing 101: Kill Clutter." Thank you!