Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One week before the LSAT, what do I do?

johnscottwilsonsr499johnscottwilsonsr499 Free Trial Member
edited October 2013 in General 66 karma
I am shocked by my sudden score drop when I took a PT in a realistic setting today. Thoughts?

I have taken my last three PTs under the same strict rules. My scores are as follows: 152, 159, 162, 156

I ran out of time on a large number of questions. Thoughts?

I REALLY NEED a +165 next Saturday.

Comments

• lmallette4lmallette4 Free Trial Member
    19 karma
    Something similar happened with me. Burnout? Too much anxiety about scoring high enough leading to decreased performance? That's what I guessed when it happened to me. Have you read the thread about burnout being real?
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    377 karma
    Stop! Do not continue taking test after test, it will only make things worse. Firs, go out and have some fun, odds are you have put many hours into prepping for the LSAT. Remind you self that you must follow strategy for every question on the lsat, so you know what you are doing! I would take one more PT sometime on wednesday. But relax! This is a test about your understanding of the materials as well as you emotional stability at the moment.
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    Hey there,

With 1 week left, realistically speaking, there is not much time left for you to "learn" new things. I think it is actually wiser for you to spend the remaining time on other important prep for the LSAT: maintaining a good physical and mental condition so that you are at peak condition on the actual test day. Eat well, practice sleeping early and waking up early, go visit the location of your test and plan out the route, create a mental image of what you will do on the morning of the exam and so on.

Cramming excessively during the remaining days can cause a burnout, which is actually counterproductive to your ultimate goal: well, to do your best on the actual thing. Look at professional athletes during their final days of prep. Do they kill themselves over a couple of hundred meters till the very last day of prep? No. They gradually lower the intensity of their training and focus more on recovery and maintenance of their condition. It's pretty similar with LSAT :)
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    CJ do you think going over recent PTs is a good idea? I want to do 2 sections each of LR, RC, and LG before the test day.
  • James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    297 karma
    K,

I don't think there's anything wrong with reviewing. Just avoid cramming. I.e. studying endless hours day and night. I don't see a problem with reviewing a few hours a day.

To go off of CJ's analogy... Fighters still train up until the day of the fight. They don't go all out the last week, but they certainly don't avoid training for an entire week before the fight.

I'm going to take my final pre test PT on Tuesday. Review it by Wednesday night. Then take it easy on Thursday and Friday.

I plan on taking the day before the test to do absolutely nothing.
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    thanks James.

• Eric FuEric Fu Free Trial Member
    73 karma
    I'm in the same boat as James: PT 69 on Tuesday, review Wednesday and relax Thursday and Friday. It's a good idea.
  • Litian.ChenLitian.Chen Free Trial Member
    edited October 2013 136 karma
    Taking 69 on Wednesday finish reviewing Thursday and Friday 100% relax

I am also getting my personal statement done that relax my mind by using it a totally different way..