Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Day Logistics

ewb08640ewb08640 Free Trial Member
edited September 2013 in General 19 karma
Hi all, happy studying and good luck to those of you taking the October test!
Anyway, I have a few questions I want to clear up:
1)How "weird" really is the experimental section? I'm worried about being thrown off by some of the LSAC's more creative endeavors in this section and getting flustered.
2)I know this will vary, but, when does the test usually start? 9-ish? I'm curious as to how to dose my ADHD meds (RX'ed of course)?

Comments

• James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    297 karma
    It's experimental. It won't be outrageous, but perhaps bit of a stretch. Just look at the evolution of the lsat ... Nothing extreme . Even if it were , who cares- its not scored

Yes check in by 8:30, test around 9.,

If you've been prescribed ADHD medication, your physician should have given you instructions, and you should follow those. If you have not been prescribed such medication, I would advise you not to do so on test day unless you abuse it regularly are familiar with all of the pros/cons. For some its counterproductive.
  • Jason BorerJason Borer Free Trial Member
    24 karma
    Yeah for June 2013 my exp. was RC. I found it a whole lot easier than a normal RC section and finished the section thinking: "Wow if that was the only RC, then I absolutely killed it!" Alas, there was another RC, and that turned out to be of normal difficulty. I also have hear other people describe their exp. section as either abnormally hard or easy.

As far as when the test starts, at 9am, the proctor starts discussing all the rules ans such. By the time everything is passed out and stuff, you are going to start around 9:30am
  • johnscottwilsonsr499johnscottwilsonsr499 Free Trial Member
    66 karma
    Whoa! I thought one could not figure out which section is the experimental? Does it say experimental? Can I just skip it or rest my eyes and just Christmas tree the answer sheet?
  • Taylor DarcyTaylor Darcy Alum Member
    13 karma
    @Johnscottwilsonsr499, there is no real way to know which section is experimental. Although you can tell that if you get an extra RC or LG section that at least one of them is the experimental but you could also get a third LR section. That being said there is no way to tell which one specifically is the experimental. To be honest I knew which one was the experimental section because it was so much easier than regular LG. Needless to say I owned that one and did not do as well on the real one. It was confirmed when I checked my scores after the test. My LSAT score would have been a whole lot better if it would have been the real scored section.
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    dude im so nervous
  • James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    297 karma
    ^^^ same. lol
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited February 2014 14008 karma
    Please read every word of this.
    http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test

Seeing as how you're all reading the rules straight from the LSAC, what I'm about to yell will be redundant, but what the hell. :)

LEAVE YOUR CELLPHONE AT HOME.
  • paulfan2011paulfan2011 Free Trial Member
    125 karma
    Hi JY, that actually happened to some guy in my test center last time.

And about the experimental section, don't let it ruin your confidence if you think you screwed up on one section. Assume that it is the experimental. Always assume that you did well and try not to think about past sections.
  • annkang1005annkang1005 Alum Member
    63 karma
    the experimental section for last december was RC for me. And it was tougher than the actual RC passage. It had a complex econ theory passage right in the middle and ate up my time - one of the biggest reasons why I ended up cancelling my test right at the center. I had two RC back to back, and my energy was drained out that I didn't do that well on my last section, which was LR. I'm telling you, be prepared for ANYTHING.