Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nov 2018/Jan 2019 test takers?

2»

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@skiatook89, Maybe try the study schedule feature. It has hour estimates.

• Brian BaileyBrian Bailey Member
    73 karma

Hey everyone! Looking for anyone interested in a study buddy throughout the CC to keep each other on pace and accountable. I am aiming for the November LSAT. I recently quit one of my jobs to give myself more time to dedicate to my studies. Drop me a line if you would like to study together.

• kelly1234kelly1234 Member
    59 karma

I'm interested!

• SteFunny-1-1-1SteFunny-1-1-1 Core Member
    224 karma

@cdaddario2 We may be! I have slowed down quite a bit as well but hoping to pick it up again. It's been a struggle but just need to keep consistent. =)

• PearlyGoGoPearlyGoGo Alum Member
    171 karma

I am also interested !!!

• cdaddario2cdaddario2 Member
    362 karma

@SVICTORIA
    The LG section really put the brakes on my progress. I am finding it a slog to understand and put the rules to memory in a way that I can recount and use them properly. If that is what has been happening with you, I get it. It has been taking me about 2-3 days to get through 1% of the CC once I hit LG. I was able to understand and move through about 1% a day prior to that.
    Anyway I wish you the ability to concentrate, keep your head down and own this stuff!!

• skiatook89-1-1skiatook89-1-1 Alum Member
    175 karma

Good Evening - I am working methodically back through the CC to try and deepen my overall understanding. I find it curious that there are parts that I must have skimmed over as I don't remember reviewing (really started last November). While going through the CC I am deep diving into LG... this is a huge area of opportunity for me and based on what everyone says the one area that everyone should be able to see significant improvement. I am usually around -15 (ouch) if anyone is interested in studying LG specifically and am about where I am from an understanding point just let me know.

• vrendonvasquezvrendonvasquez Alum Member
    276 karma

Interested.

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

So have a pretty good group already getting through the CC for the Nov/ Jan test. I know it's a bit premature to start BR. Perhaps we can start in August. But do you guys feel like a CC call would be beneficial. We can discuss where we all are, some of our weak areas, study technique/time management, etc? @vrendonvasquez @skiatook89 @cdaddario2 @PearlyGoGo @SVICTORIA @kelly1234 @"Brian Bailey" @lsatplaylist @helenamc80 @jkjohnson1991 @Sadaf529 @FlashLSAT @jimmyrivera201 @yvonne890330 @lost_kub @anmulshafiq @Ari_Gold180 @AshleighK @denzeljones14 @alyssamcc0593 @gaflparalegal @turkey0728 @vxsinha96 @badfrenchaccent @Cristian-1

5249 karma

@annewr253, Would really appreciate it. Maybe once a week? Early or mid-evening on a week day? And we could maybe pick some drilling material 3-4 days before.

• apples_eaterapples_eater Core Member
    38 karma

interested too, is there a skype link or smth, we can click on, it would be a good idea I think

• skiatook89-1-1skiatook89-1-1 Alum Member
    175 karma

Would really like to hear how others are approaching the CC.

5249 karma

We could maybe use Zoom to connect. Or GoToMeeting.

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

@lsatplaylist Yeah I was thinking of GoToMeeting but I am not experienced with the admin side of it. Is that something you could spearhead?

5249 karma

@annewr253, Sure. I see a site that has a free version of GoToMeeting and it looks like we just need email addresses.

5249 karma

I should've clarified--each user enters their email address once the leader gets a link.

• PadawanPadawan Member
    91 karma

I just decided to postpone to November instead of July. I just have a full-time job and plan to maintain my weekly 15 to 20 hours.

5249 karma

@JDbound19, Cool. Glad you saw this thread. Also looking forward to us applying together this fall.

• babybartels2babybartels2 Alum Member
    40 karma

I'm interested as well !

• gaflparalegalgaflparalegal Alum Member
    133 karma

@annewr253 I’m interested in a CC call.
    Where is everyone at in the CC? I’m only at about 10%. Made great strides late last week then got discouraged SMH.

• harrisonhharrisonh Alum Member
    edited July 2018 19 karma

Definitely, definitely interested!

@skiatook89 said:
    I am working full time and trying to put together a new study plan. Just curious how many hours others are putting into studying weekly (in preparation for the November test)?

My first take I probably did 16 - 20 per week, depending on other commitments. It partly depends on your job, I get an hour lunch and I'm only required to work 35 hours/week. I'd encourage more folks to be realistic about studying, just pace yourself and plan time to do what you enjoy. Not seeing friends, family, and generally being reticent didn't actually help me that much when compared against the benefits of a few more hours of studying. Instead, picking a later test date seems more prudent.

I'm also figuring out how much I'll study for a (re)take. I think it'll be significantly less, because the skills are there, I just scored at the lower end of my possible score band due to a rogue game.

73 karma

@annewr253 said:

So have a pretty good group already getting through the CC for the Nov/ Jan test. I know it's a bit premature to start BR. Perhaps we can start in August. But do you guys feel like a CC call would be beneficial. We can discuss where we all are, some of our weak areas, study technique/time management, etc? @vrendonvasquez @skiatook89 @cdaddario2 @PearlyGoGo @SVICTORIA @kelly1234 @"Brian Bailey" @lsatplaylist @helenamc80 @jkjohnson1991 @Sadaf529 @FlashLSAT @jimmyrivera201 @yvonne890330 @lost_kub @anmulshafiq @Ari_Gold180 @AshleighK @denzeljones14 @alyssamcc0593 @gaflparalegal @turkey0728 @vxsinha96 @badfrenchaccent @Cristian-1

Definitely! Is there a way we can make a separate thread or chat so that everyone interested can just refer to the chat?

73 karma

I go through the CC by writing literally everything down in the practice examples, as well as highlighting and circling, like in the videos. I think this slows me up but not enough to where I wouldn't be on pace. Does anyone else do this or have any suggestions on ways to improve moving at this sluggish pace?

362 karma

I would be open to a call, Skype, Go To Meeting etc. It would be good if each one of us take 2 minutes and sum up who we are and where we are in our study progress. Perhaps we can help each other out. We may find ourselves breaking the group up in to 2 sections, those testing in November and those testing in January. Us November ppl test in four months and one day from today. We will need to not waste any of our precious time.
    Whatever we do, getting a consensus of our progress through the CC (or for those lucky ones who have finished, are you reviewing areas where you feel weak?) and get a plan we can all be a part of. What I mean by that is this; those who are 25-50% through CC have to focus on one thing, 50-75% through the CC have another set of concerns, those 75-99% through CC have other immediate concerns. When we ID who is where, we can not only organize into groups, but when we are all done with CC we can really start reviewing the sections in a manner that is helpful to all, even if we are in different places in our learning.
    Thoughts?

• mariev22mariev22 Member
    57 karma

Hi everyone! Hope it isn't too late to join!! Also, planning on taking the November exam. (I'm currently signed up for the September test, but I'm beginning to think November will make more sense..) Thanks!

73 karma

@cdaddario2 said:
    I would be open to a call, Skype, Go To Meeting etc. It would be good if each one of us take 2 minutes and sum up who we are and where we are in our study progress. Perhaps we can help each other out. We may find ourselves breaking the group up in to 2 sections, those testing in November and those testing in January. Us November ppl test in four months and one day from today. We will need to not waste any of our precious time.
    Whatever we do, getting a consensus of our progress through the CC (or for those lucky ones who have finished, are you reviewing areas where you feel weak?) and get a plan we can all be a part of. What I mean by that is this; those who are 25-50% through CC have to focus on one thing, 50-75% through the CC have another set of concerns, those 75-99% through CC have other immediate concerns. When we ID who is where, we can not only organize into groups, but when we are all done with CC we can really start reviewing the sections in a manner that is helpful to all, even if we are in different places in our learning.
    Thoughts?

Not a bad idea, as far as chat I was thinking along the lines of GroupMe or something where we could add ourselves in and chat in real time regarding questions / advice / etc. I'm open to anything.

• yossel.vaneffyossel.vaneff Free Trial Member
    edited July 2018 3 karma

I see there's a long discussion about setting up study groups but I'm afraid I don't think anything has happened. Could we move the ball forward? A bit about me: I'm taking it in Sept 2018, my score is 161, aiming for 170+.

edited July 2018 73 karma

ATTN: I am creating a GroupMe (app based group chat for those who have never used the app) for us to chat with one another, offer advice, vent, a more importantly have a littler easier way to get in touch with one another. If you would like to be invited to this GroupMe please 1) download the app, 2) DM your name or phone number and I will add you to the group. Hope this clears the air here for getting a group rolling. Still open to suggestions.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Question - for those taking the Nov exam will you be applying for Fall 2019? I'm currently debating if I should postpone Sept to Nov. I keep thinking that Nov will be too late to take the test and apply for Fall 2019 - specially with what happened last cycle. So jsut curious to know if ya'll will be applying or waiting til 2020. This is never-ending. Thx dudes.

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

@LCMama2017
    Yes, I will be applying for Fall 2019.

73 karma

I have added three people to the study group via GroupMe, drop me a pm with name and number and I will add you.

• cris1222cris1222 Member
    186 karma

Just messaged you @"Brian Bailey" with my phone number! Hope more of you guys will join! I'm now 34% done with the Curriculum!

362 karma

Hey @Brian Bailey. I just sent you a message as well. As a side-note, I am 85% through the CC and expect to complete it by the end of July. From there I will take the next 3.5 months to review and practice.
    I am looking forward to working with you all.

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Hey everyone! I'm looking forward to joining the November study group. I'm currently working on my weaknesses and drilling sections. I've been studying on and off for a while and am hoping to make steady progress towards my goals for November.

• CurlyQQQCurlyQQQ Alum Member
    295 karma

How can I get in on this action? Thanksies!

• PadawanPadawan Member
    91 karma

@LCMama2017, on a different thread, a Sager said November is not too late--just be ready to submit your apps upon score receipt. I kind of plan to apply for 2019, but it's hard to say. I have lots going on, myself, so I know exactly what you mean by "never-ending"!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@Padawan said:
    @LCMama2017, on a different thread, a Sager said November is not too late--just be ready to submit your apps upon score receipt. I kind of plan to apply for 2019, but it's hard to say. I have lots going on, myself, so I know exactly what you mean by "never-ending"!

Hi! The "never-ending" comment was meant for the studying and testing. I feel like studying will never end and also deciding when to finally take the test. I have either withdrawn or not registered for the test when taking it was my plan :disappointed:. I hate to add September to the long list of tests that I have not taken.