Starting full time studying soon - Which package should I purchase?

lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
in General 938 karma

I am planning on (re)starting my LSAT studies soon for the November 17th, 2018 LSAT. This will give me about 4-5 months of FULL time studying. With that considered, which package should I buy?

Here is a little background info about myself in case it helps you answer my question.

Cold Diag 138.
Highest PT of 152
Official Score of 147 (studied for about 1 month, was very busy with full time job)

I am aiming for 160-165 , do you all believe this is possible to obtain with 4-5 months of full time studying?

Please feel free to drop any pointers, tips, and pieces of advice that might help me on my 4-5 month study journey.

Thanks all!

Which package should I buy if I have about 4-5 months of FULL time studying?
  1. Which package should I buy if I have about 4-5 months of FULL time studying?16 votes
    1. Ultimate PLUS
      75.00%
    2. Ultimate
      18.75%
    3. Premium
        6.25%

Comments

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

It is very difficult to go from 147 to 160 in 4 months without serious studying. That being said, I'm glad you're able to make the time! Don't forget that burnout is a real and serious issue! I've been studying for 2 months, and I think that by the time I hit 4 months (my first LSAT date), I'll be up 8-9 points. However, my diagnostic score was a little higher than yours.. so you have a better opportunity to grow after learning the basics.

This is my favorite thing.
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/3598/burnout-and-you

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Ultimate plus if you can afford it. Try to utilize as much of the materials as possible. As @"samantha.ashley92" said, it's difficult to increase your score so the more exposure you can get the better.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I'm going to second what @JustDoIt said haha. Having access to the hardest problem sets is a great way to increase your score. I actually find the level 3/5 questions to be harder than the level 4/5 questions most of the time. I haven't figured out exactly why yet lol. Anyway, the more exposure you can get to those questions, the better you'll do!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

If you have the funds, I highly suggest Ultimate+. It makes a huge difference having all the problem sets available, as well as every single published LSAT with video explanations for every question. It's such an incredible resource.

It's going to be tough to make that improvement in 4-5 months, but if you study efficiently, it's possible. Beware of burn out. If you find yourself feeling you're going crazy, or your scores unexpectedly drop, there's a good chance you're burning out. The only way to fix that is taking time off. With full time studying, that's going to be harder to stave off.

Also recommend either part time work or regular volunteering during this time. It looks better to not have a gap on the resume, and gives you some structured time away from the LSAT.

Good luck!

• JaejaebinxJaejaebinx Alum Member
    104 karma

I agree with what others have already said. If you have the funds, definitely go for the Ultimate+. You will have access to more PTs and lessons. I currently have the Premium and it is a LOT of material to go through, but that is probably because I started studying late (late June), am working full-time, and want to take the September LSAT. I've heard others recommend going with the lower ones (Starter, Premium) and then just buying the LSAT Actuals in addition to it. Good luck!

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1184 karma

Full time LSAT student here and I would go with Ultimate +. It is invaluable to have access to all the questions . I have gone through tons of material and still have plenty more in case I need to retake . I also never have to worry about searching for explanations like others which is nice.

• NeverStopNeverStop Alum Member
    96 karma

I would go for the Ultimate+. You have much more to gain that any money that you would lose in purchasing it.

As for your studying plan, 4-5 months might be sufficient depending on where you currently are. What were the dates of the three scores that you mentioned? If they were many months ago, maybe you should take a test right now and see your score. If you realize that there are certain sections or question types you are missing, you can target those by drilling them. Also, you can always work a little faster through the parts of the CC that do not give you trouble especially since you are already familiar with LSAT concepts.

• cdaddario2cdaddario2 Member
    edited July 2018 362 karma

Hey
    Not sure how pliable your brain is, but 4 months to jump 15-20 points is aggressive. Studying this stuff is going to require you walk away sometimes and digest the material. Because this is not just memorization but application, your ability to learn this material slows way down. My two suggestions;

1. Ultimate Plus package is even more helpful when time is a constraint. You will want as much help as possible and the explanations from JY are awesome.

2. Don't get stuck on how quick you get through the curriculum. Worry about learning the material thoroughly. This will slow down the pace at which you move through the CC but the better you learn this stuff the better off you will be. You don't want to have to go back and review basic lessons because finishing was more of an imperative than truly learning.

Happy Studying.