Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you all erase on logic game?

CLAY277CLAY277 Member
in Logic Games 25 karma

I just find it more efficient in a lot of cases. Perhaps there is an additional premise, I'll wrrite in just a couple inferences and know the answer. So I'll often just erase the few elements I wrote in to use the "empty" game board for the proceeding questions. Why is erasing so negatively spoken of? How many of you do it anyway?

How frequently do you erase?
  1. Erase often26 votes
    1. Sometimes
      53.85%
    2. "Never"
      46.15%

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

It’s time consuming, leaves marks, you could accidentally erase the wrong thing.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Don’t do this .. jy and my tutor adv against it . Might confuse yourself

• CLAY277CLAY277 Member
    25 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    It’s time consuming, leaves marks, you could accidentally erase the wrong thing.

How exactly is it time consuming?

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@CLAY277 said:

@"surfy surf" said:

Because you end up confusing yourself if you have to make inferences using the stuff you erased . I have this bad habit as well . Write it out next to the question (locally ) if there are additional premises .

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Why wouldn’t someone erase? I feel like it’s more confusing to cross things out. Also it takes up way more space

• NeverStopNeverStop Alum Member
    96 karma

I rarely erase on LG. I usually cross out. I have realized that the time I waste erasing could easily be put into making more inferences.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    edited July 2018 6045 karma

Only if i've made a major mistake in my setup and need to re-do the master game board and it'd waste space to cross out and restart.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Yeah, it's pretty common for me to make a couple erasures per game. :smile:

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I've heard that the paper in the test booklets is pretty thing, and that erasing can rip through it. After reading that multiple times, I've been trying to cut down on erasing as much as possible.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I wouldn’t worry about erasing as long as it’s faster than scribbling something out. Like if you have a game with a chart, then redrawing the chart is probably gonna take longer than erasing one error, for example.

• CLAY277CLAY277 Member
    25 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    I've heard that the paper in the test booklets is pretty thing, and that erasing can rip through it. After reading that multiple times, I've been trying to cut down on erasing as much as possible.

I thought this was the case with older booklets..

• westher008westher008 Alum Member
    37 karma

Only if I run out of space, or drew something that is visually distracting and unnecessary. Otherwise, just cross out. Erasing can take up time.

• CLAY277CLAY277 Member
    25 karma

I'm not sure everyone understands my question. I'm not talking about crossing out/erasing errors. More so, "recycling" game boards from question to question. That way you can draw out less new diagrams when given new premises

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3652 karma

@CLAY277 said:

@"surfy surf" said:

unless you have a very gentle hand and write very very lightly, it takes some time to erase completely such that there is no mark whatsoever on the paper. You might have to kind of hold the paper down while you erase so you don’t scrunch the paper or rip the paper. Then you have to wipe off the eraser shavings. Since presumably you’re writing really small, you’ll probably end up erasing bits of what you actually need and have to re write.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I always scratched something out, never erased

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

It is recommended to not "recycle" the master game board for questions because 1. you add in new information for a specific question and you don't want to use that for subsequent questions. 2. you may erase the wrong new info 3. you may find an inference that will be helpful for a subsequent question but won't see that if it has been erased 4. the more possible game solutions you have the easy it is to answer some questions (for example: who is possible to go 4th?) and then if you have mini game boards for multiple questions you can just glance at them and eliminate answers or find the correct answer very quickly. 5. if you need to go back and review any question you have the work for that question right next to it.

i'm sure there are more reasons. you dont have to have all the info on each mini game board. like dont rewrite rules/inferences and you dont need the numbers for example or days of the week written.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I avoid it as much as possible. There is a time and place for it, though. I remember once solving for all sub game boards only to realize I replaced a game piece letter with a group label letter at the very end of the set up. I wasn't about rewrite four boards, so I erased and rewrote. With that extreme example in mind, I typically do my best to stick to JY's no eraser advice.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

I don't because the board you used for question 1 might help answer question 5. In the end, I don't think the time you gain from recycling the same board question over question makes up for the additional speed and help you gain from seeing all the previous boards laid out.