PT 84 - score went down...

fambam24fambam24 Member
in General 215 karma

I am taking the July LSAT. I just took PT 84 and my score dropped significantly. I went from scoring up to 175 to mid 160s. RC was my worst section. I had RC down to -3 or less but this was just bad. Don't know how to feel about this.

Comments

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

lol you make me scared to take PT 84. but it's super common to take a dip right before test day and freak out. either way, probability says you still have a higher chance of scoring in where you typically do than your fluke score today.

• KalayaanKalayaan Alum Member
    213 karma

Many people thought PT 84 had a hard RC, but I don't think it asked anything new. Just harder maybe. I wouldn't worry about it. Also, sometimes you just have a bad PT day.

Sat the June 2018 exam - scored much lower than my PT avg.
    Took it again after receiving my score and without looking at answers - scored a 178.

I second what lady said.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 782 karma

I took a similar hit from that RC on the real test day. Be glad it was just a PT :smile:

• fambam24fambam24 Member
    215 karma

This is reassuring. I think my focus was really off during RC too.

• Tonyk215Tonyk215 Alum Member
    123 karma

I took PT 84 in June and like you I was scoring in the mid 170's and scored much worse. My RC score on it was my worst ever. I'm also taking it in July LSAT and according to Dave Killoran from Powerscore it will probably be an undisclosed test from ~5 years ago. RC from those tests is easier in my opinion.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I sat for the June test and scored about 5 points below my average and 4 points lower than my official test from December. For some reason, it seems like this test got a lot of people. There’s always going to be an outlier here and there. Try not to let it throw you off! Do another PT and I’ll bet you come right back to your average.

• fambam24fambam24 Member
    215 karma

Thanks so much everyone!! Hopefully this was just an outlier.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I sat for the June test and scored about 5 points below my average and 4 points lower than my official test from December. For some reason, it seems like this test got a lot of people. There’s always going to be an outlier here and there. Try not to let it throw you off! Do another PT and I’ll bet you come right back to your average.

So you have a current official LSAT score that went down? This is something I wonder about, but never see any resources talking about. How do you think that affects you?

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited August 2018 4850 karma

Funny this thread just poppped up. I just got destroyed by this PT yesterday Worst PT score since December and significantly below my two official scores. I’ve been trying not to whig out about it.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@Bamboosprout said:

@"Leah M B" said:

So you have a current official LSAT score that went down? This is something I wonder about, but never see any resources talking about. How do you think that affects you?

Yep I got a 168 in December and a 164 in June... ouch. It's unlikely to change anything. Schools will really only care about your highest score. I don't personally like the way it looks though... it doesn't feel good to have that big of a drop, especially when I consistently PT in the high 160s and occasionally break 170. I'm going to re-take in November to hopefully even get around a 168 again, I think it would look better that way. Obviously, hoping I could break into the 170s though... that would be amazing. But from what I know, it really shouldn't affect anything having that 164 on the record since I already have the higher one.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

That's comforting to know. Phew.

• SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
    464 karma

Should have read this thread PRIOR to taking this as my last PT before test day....UGH. I'm not even scoring it officially just seeing which I got wrong. I did worse all across the board :(

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

This is comforting to read, 84 destroyed me :'( Dropped 7 points and it hit my confidence hardd

• willis91willis91 Alum Member
    101 karma

84 was so hard! my worst PT score of the recent ones. I wouldn't let it get to you :)

464 karma

@katewillis91 Thank you Kate! My goal this week is to recover! Listening to the podcast JY just posted now.

@Sarah_9900 Same, girl. We can bounce back but it is still a HUGE bummer.

• 316 karma

yeah my PT 84 dropped too :| which makes me severely nervous about the real test haha; but just remember, we just need to learn from our mistakes! we can totally do it this saturday!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

LoL. Try that being your first LSAT take! I scored 4+ points lower than my PT average. :disappointed: Total kick to the teeth there.
    But, it was good in that future testings will always compare to that mess, and so I am much more relaxed going in again.
    Also, I realize I have had way too much on my plate, and if this doesn't go real great, I'm putting it off till next year. June was probably a blessing in disguise. I wasn't ready, and I tried too hard with too much. It's taught me the lesson of prioritizing things, when to let things go, and how to pick back up again.

464 karma

@lsatkt179 Thank you! Yes we can!!!

@AudaciousRed I feel you there. I was fortunate to drop my work schedule down to part-time starting November- wish I could have done it sooner. I like your lesson though. I'm preparing myself to do my absolute best on Saturday but also not be crushed if I have to take it again in January. This is as much of a mental/emotional game as it is an intellectual one. Best of luck to you on Saturday!