Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question regarding practice test.

carlos.raiz23carlos.raiz23 Alum Member

Hello, all

I have my test scheduled for November 2018 and plan to apply December 2018

The schools I want to apply to have acceptance score averages of about 156.

At the moment I have only taken like 4 PT's and my scores ranged from 141-144. My BR has ranged from 149-151.

I obviously have not taken enough practice tests and I wonder if anyone can tell me straight up if I will have enough time to at least bump up my score to 150 by November. Also since i have taken only 4 PT's, is that like an accurate measure as to what I can aspire to score in the coming months?

Also how many PT's should I be doing a week?

Gracias!

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Yes you have plenty of time. Keep working hard and revisit the curriculum when you are confused and you should be able to do it!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited July 2018 2531 karma

It sounds like you need to re-do the CC. A BR score below 150 shows that you still don't grasp the fundamentals that this test requires. In that scenario, it might take you longer than a few months to improve to a 156. That being said, there are strategies that you can employ that will help you make a jump like that in a relatively short amount of time.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

Definitely. Your BR score is a great indicator of your potential. Keep in mind that most people do about 3 points worse on exam day than they do while PTing in the comfort of their own homes. Also, scores around the median leave you with more opportunity for growth than people who are scoring 160+. Like @Ohnoeshalpme mentioned, it's likely that you're missing some core concepts. When a few more things click for you, your score will bump up significantly. Quit the PTs for now and work on the parts of the CC that need your attention the most. If you have trouble with conditional indicators, translating into lawgic, or setting up game boards, definitely revisit those concepts first. Are there any identifiable major struggles based on your PTs?