Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July test takers, what are y’all doing?

lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
in July 2018 LSAT 894 karma

What’s your schedule from today to test day on Monday? I did my last PT (84) today and scored what i typically score. No ugly or sexy surprises. Tomorrow, i have plans to go to my doctor appointment, read the economist, drill one section for confidence and meditate.

On Thursday, I’m getting a facial, meditating, watching movies. Then Friday-Saturday i will be reading the economist and meditating and doing 1-2 confidence sections as well as preparing my zip loc bag with test day stuff. Sunday night — nothing — will probably binge watch a show or something.

What are y’all doing?

Comments

• Don_DraperDon_Draper Alum Member
    88 karma

I'm going to do a few drills tomorrow and take pt 84 on Thursday. Friday I'm going to my favorite cigar lounge and read. Saturday do some yard work and maybe a few RC passages, then on Sunday do a few logic games, I actually enjoy doing them, and getting to sleep early.

• edited July 2018 702 karma

I love this!

I'm currently reviewing preptest 84 (lightly). Out of all the practice tests I've taken, this has been my highest score. I'm really surprised because alot of people have said that this was their lowest preptest to date. This definitely increased my confidence. The LSAT is crazy (the understatement of the century).

After today I probably won't be doing any LSAT related activities before Monday. The rest of the week I will be reading some library books, hitting the gym, and watching movies. On Sunday I will print out my ticket and pack my ziploc bag. I'm also getting married on that Friday (7/27) so I'll probably be doing last minute wedding details.

Good luck everyone- we can do it!!!

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:
    I love this!

I'm currently reviewing preptest 84 (lightly). Out of all the practice tests I've taken, this has been my highest score. I'm really surprised because alot of people have said that this was their lowest preptest to date. This definitely increased my confidence. The LSAT is crazy (the understatement of the century).

After today I probably won't be doing any LSAT related activities before Monday. The rest of the week I will be reading some library books, hitting the gym, and watching movies. On Sunday I will print out my ticket and pack my ziploc bag. I'm also getting married on that Friday (7/27) so I'll probably be doing last minute wedding details.

OMG!!!!!! Congratulations! That must be so stressful. Studying for the lsat and planning a wedding. Wow.

One thing I am scared about for Monday is the surprise, weird logic game in each section. I keep telling myself I don't want to do any LSAT stuff until then but my 1-2 confidence sections end up turning into 4 confidence sections lol. But still, I'm not going hard like a timed conditioned PT!

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

Doing one final PT tomorrow, and then over the weekend I'll just be lightly drilling logic games and RC.

• 702 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:
    I love this!

OMG!!!!!! Congratulations! That must be so stressful. Studying for the lsat and planning a wedding. Wow.

One thing I am scared about for Monday is the surprise, weird logic game in each section. I keep telling myself I don't want to do any LSAT stuff until then but my 1-2 confidence sections end up turning into 4 confidence sections lol. But still, I'm not going hard like a timed conditioned PT!

thank you so much! I'm literally making my mom do everything haha ;). I know what you mean. I was only suppose to do a couple logic games today, but I ended up doing eight logic games haha. Can't stop won't stop.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

@Don_Draper said:
    I'm going to do a few drills tomorrow and take pt 84 on Thursday. Friday I'm going to my favorite cigar lounge and read. Saturday do some yard work and maybe a few RC passages, then on Sunday do a few logic games, I actually enjoy doing them, and getting to sleep early.

Haha same I will probably go to my lounge- see if they have any Padrons in. I took my last PT today (C2) and scored my average. Just sections or single passages/games till test day for me.

• macklynkingmacklynking Free Trial Member
    36 karma

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" Congratulations! What a crazy week for you! It's gonna be one to remember :)

In response to OP's question, I took my last full-length, timed, practice test at the law school I'm testing at in as close to testing conditions as I could get this past Monday. I BR'ed it yesterday. Today, I did half of 81, just doing timed sections with review. I'll do the other half of it tomorrow and then go to a wedding in the evening (yay for Thursday weddings!). Friday, I'm getting a massage and probably drilling some logic games. Saturday - I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything LSAT related that day... if I do, it'll be minimal and not timed. Sunday, I'm getting all my stuff set for the test, playing beach volleyball, and attempting to relax by watching something funny or inspiring. Day of will be: meditation, yoga, go for walk, do some brain warm-ups (mostly reading, maybe fool proofing an old game), and psyching myself up with some pump up music.

Each day mostly consists of the same things though:

1. Meditation via Headspace.
    2. Light exercise. Normally, I CrossFit but I don't want to go into test day feeling depleted (also want to keep my immune system strong... #pleasedonotgetsick), so I'm going for walks, doing light weights, and yoga.
    3. Reading from a book.
    4. Reading The Economist or The Atlantic.
    5. Attempting to align food/caffeine to the same schedule it'll be on Monday. Failing miserably at this though...
    6. Staying away from anything that depletes my focus (aka social media).

Good luck to all of my fellow July test takers! We got this!

• Don_DraperDon_Draper Alum Member
    88 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:

@Don_Draper said:

Haha same I will probably go to my lounge- see if they have any Padrons in. I took my last PT today (C2) and scored my average. Just sections or single passages/games till test day for me.

The Pardon Family Reserve is a fine stick. I haven't had any of there others. I am typically a Davidoff smoker.

1277 karma

@Don_Draper said:

@ChaimtheGreat said:

@Don_Draper said:

The Pardon Family Reserve is a fine stick. I haven't had any of there others. I am typically a Davidoff smoker.

My favorite smoke is the Padron 1964 Family Reserve. The 1926 is just a tad strong loses some of the Padron-dairy flavor. Love Davidoffs, great dessert cigar.

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    231 karma

Like @Don_Draper I'm also planning on taking PT84 tomorrow! I'll be reviewing that on Friday, and then the weekend just chill out and go to the beach, maybe watch some shows or a movie in the evening, and going to bed early. I suppose I'll lightly go over some LR and a couple of those strange games they throw out, the one on PT79 got me good so I'll foolproof that as well.

Weekend plans also include drinking lots of water so I'm hydrated on Monday and won't be so thirsty during the test.

Monday morning I'll eat a light breakfast, and maybe go sit at the beach for a little to stay calm, but then head to the test center!

What are you all planning on eating for breakfast?

Also, congrats @"LSAT Warrior Princess" on getting married later next week! At least you won't have to worry about the test while you're getting married lol!

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

Hey all, best of luck!
    I'm drilling today, reviewing tomorrow, and then exercise and relaxing all weekend.

894 karma

@AngusMcGillis i tried drilling today and totally just didn't want to do it. it led me to getting questions i typically wouldn't get wrong, wrong. i'm sensing burn out. definitely not doing anything else for the rest of the weekend honestly lol

894 karma

@sandypants said:
    What are you all planning on eating for breakfast?

I'm having two avocado toast sandwiches and a bowl of kiwi and blueberries. this is what i eat for breakfast everyday. during the break i'll be having a special K bar and some gatorade!

edited July 2018 1277 karma

Getting Indian food today! (My favorite). Positive thoughts. Getting ready to just do my thing on test day.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Crying bc I took pt 84 and got one of my lowest scores ever smh. Also going to a spa right now to calm down lol

894 karma

@"surfy surf" omg!!! not to bust your balls but why did you take PT 84 TODAYYYY and not earlier this week lol

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

Yesterday did PT81 RC and BR'd it, today did a PT81 LR and PT81 LG. Tomorrow's plan is PT81 LR, BR'ing both LRs, plus some old In/Out games that I've already foolproofed for review. On the day of, I'm going to go for a run and do two confidence sections -- two sections that I went -0 on the first time.

It might seem like a lot, but I'm also doing lots of physical and outdoor activities and plan on going for a light run the morning of. This will be my second time taking it, and I feel so much more confident in my abilities and not full of dread like my first time.

(Also, I haven't taken PT84 and won't be doing so -- that should be fine, right??)

edited July 2018 894 karma

@hawaiihi that does sound like a lot. haha almost makes me feel shitty for not doing anything yesterday, today or tomorrow. on thursday, i was getting questions wrong while confidence drilling and they were questions i typically wouldn't get wrong. i was reckless and uncaring and just wanted to be done with. i sensed burn-out so i swore off fri-sun lol.

i've been hearing mixed things about PT84, people saying they took a dip but i found my score to be consistent and actually, one point higher than i've ever scored on a clean LSAT.

i pulled the muscle in my lower back two weeks ago trying to deadlift more than i normally could and thought i was gonna die lol and felt like an old cripple so i didn't go to the gym these past several days cause i was scared of hurting it more before the test.

anyways, i second the feeling confident the second time around. the first time it was like i knew i wouldn't be putting my full potential on display. this time, i'm up for it and know that it will be better than the last.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

It's going to be a great rest of the weekend! I worked in the vineyard today, shot some archery, rode my bike, and played some video games. Later this evening I'm going on a hike and then to shoot my gun at old LSAT books. I can't wait to unleash into those books, it's going to be so gratifying! Then I'll be smoking a cigar with my brother and sipping on some port.

Tomorrow is going to be more vineyard work, trying to finally run a sub 7 minute mile, and then making the 4 hour drive to Denver to stay with my buddy before the test. Good luck everyone, get outside and relax!

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited July 2018 4850 karma

Things I've done this week:

• Last fresh PT on Monday with BR / review the next two days
    • Thursday through Sunday: LG timed (4-5 "seen before" games a day), 1 fresh comparative RC passage a day (untimed), and 2 pages of fresh LR questions (untimed). Just enough to keep the juices flowing and to keep "in rhythm".

Exercise (running) - I cut miles a bit this week and chopped my planned mileage for Sunday by 2/3s. I found over the past month that my Sunday long runs really hurt my scheduled Monday timed PTs (high heat and humidity + high teens Sunday mileage equals foggy brain Monday). I plan to do 5-6 Sunday and then a short run around the neighborhood park ( <2 miles ) Monday morning just to trick my body into thinking it needs to energize.

I've also taken a 1-2 hour nap most days this week to ensure I'm totally rested and tried to eat as clean as possible (lots of salads).

I also have avoided the "last minute tips" or "I just bombed a PT" threads like the plague. Don't need that negative energy.

Good luck everyone!

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

Super excited for Monday! Took a PT yesterday and blind reviewed some of it today. Watched some JY videos on difficult logic games too. Watching Dark Knight Rises tonight and going to a concert in the park tomorrow. Best to not change too much in your schedule before the test. Wish you all the best!

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Curious to know if you guys are grading your last PT, or lightly reviewing? I've heard grading can hurt confidence if it's a bad score?

Best of luck to you all, kick some ass!

3652 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    @"surfy surf" omg!!! not to bust your balls but why did you take PT 84 TODAYYYY and not earlier this week lol

I had the chance to take a proctored PT and wanted to get all my nerves out so I feel fine tomorrow. It doesn’t really wear me out to take PTs and I feel fine after aside from the brief wah I wasn’t happy with my score moment.

3652 karma

Today I’m burning through all the LGs in 60-70 lol

894 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    Curious to know if you guys are grading your last PT, or lightly reviewing? I've heard grading can hurt confidence if it's a bad score?

Best of luck to you all, kick some ass!

also curious, i'm not sure if i should grade the stuff i've been lightly reviewing lol

• strugglinglsaterstrugglinglsater Free Trial Member
    87 karma

I ended up taking a practice test Thursday- Saturday. BRed. Today I took a nice long walk and I am going to hang out with friends. Good luck tomorrow everyone!