Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to PT60 S1 Q19?

GrumpySnailGrumpySnail Alum Member

Just curious.... It says "omitted from scoring" in question bank.
So what heppened to it?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

You'll see that occasionally throughout practice tests. It means LSAC removed the question after administering the test.

During PTs when I'd see a question like that, I would remove some time from my clock.

• GrumpySnailGrumpySnail Alum Member
    100 karma

@10000019 said:
    You'll see that occasionally throughout practice tests. It means LSAC removed the question after administering the test.

During PTs when I'd see a question like that, I would remove some time from my clock.

But why would they do that? I am very curious....
    I think that is the only "omitted" question I've seen so far. Have you seen anything else like that?

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@GrumpySnail said:

@10000019 said:

But why would they do that? I am very curious....
    I think that is the only "omitted" question I've seen so far. Have you seen anything else like that?

I've seen it in other tests. Can't recall which numbers.

It's rare because questions are pre-screened a bunch of times before making the final cut.
    For them to remove it, means that they found an issue with it after administration. Whether someone else pointed it out to them or they review it I'm not sure.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

My best guess is that there was a bias-related issue that slipped through the past experimental sections. For example, they realized that 60% of ESL test takers got it wrong while only 10% of those with English as their first language got it wrong.

1777 karma

Out of curiosity, did you just take this PT?

• mgzero2mgzero2 Alum Member
    86 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    My best guess is that there was a bias-related issue that slipped through the past experimental sections. For example, they realized that 60% of ESL test takers got it wrong while only 10% of those with English as their first language got it wrong.

I doubt it. This test is heavily biased against ESL. I don't see why they would start to care about that for one question.

1777 karma

@mgzero2 that was just an example...

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited July 2018 9372 karma

I haven't counted all, but the LSAC omitted these questions too: PT23.S3.Q1(LR), PT32.S4.Q22(LR), PT38.S4.Q12(LR), PT45.S1.Q5 (LR), PT46.S1.Q9 (RC), PT52.S4.Q15 (RC)

“Item removed from scoring” means the LSAC admits that the question was flawed and the LSAC doesn't want to publish it. I think the LSAC removes a question from scoring when test takers successfully challenge a question (= when the LSAC realized that the credited answer is not the best answer.)