Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official July 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
edited July 2018 in July 2018 LSAT 1421 karma

Hey guys!

Here's the official July 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread. Please keep all discussions of the July 2018 LSAT here!

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the July 2018 LSAT, but here are some ground rules:

:warning: Don't mention specifics about the test! (e.g., "I got B for question 6" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing")
It can get both us and you in a lot of trouble!

:warning: Saying that the test was hard/easy is okay, but anything more specific is not okay!

:warning: The only exception: you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, asking questions like “Was the LG with "flowers" experimental?” is okay. You can say “The LG section with "flowers" was real!” But you cannot say “the 3rd game of the real section was In/Out game.”

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about July 2018 LSAT!

Have fun discussing!

Comments

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    edited July 2018 1421 karma
  • JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Good luck everyone!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

Good luck!!!!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Good luck to everyone today! We have worked hard and now its time for the payoff! Let's crush it!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Good luck everyone!! Be sure to take a week away from everything lsat related, you earned it!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited July 2018 9372 karma

Good luck !!! :wink:

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3112 karma

Best of luck to everyone who took the test today!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Just got out. I had LG LR LG RC LR.

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

LG with senior and junior YWZ as 4th game was real.

984 karma

Which LR were real? Got LR LG LR LR RC

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Just got out same as Dave. That lg section was harder than the expirmental then.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@Kateryna said:

Same here! Got this as well. Thought the first two LR were harder than the third.

edited July 2018 8689 karma

These are few I remember from Lr: all real just had two sections.
    -teddy bears that look like humans(?)
    -Kitten shrunk
    -paper currency Quebec
    -full time zookeepers
    -day light savings time

Most of the exam was a blur.
    I’m editing this post as I begin to remember things.

• 534 karma

For a real LR I remember a question about debt and stress in respondents & teddy bears. I had an experimental logic game section. I’m guessing the first one was the experimental because it was way too easy. Real RC had something about Women’s Rights, knowledge of everything in science or physics or something, Mayans, and a I can’t remember the other of the 4.

984 karma

What did you guys think about RC?

894 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Most of the exam was a blur.

Honestly ditto

• 534 karma

Anyone have a guess on the curve? Overall seemed a bit on the easier end to me but maybe I just studied more for this one haha.

edited July 2018 894 karma

RC wasn’t as bad as i was expecting. Last game on LG was reminiscent of 90s PT imo unfortunately @Kateryna

8689 karma

The last passage to mention was about the beauty of sports.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Looks like the powerscore guys were right about this being an old PT. Confirmed to be Feb 2014 exam.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I think it's unfair that they recycled a test that wasn't entirely sealed. Revealing the type of a specific logic game gives some test takers an unfair advantage.

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    103 karma

Noooo!! - I had LG as experimental but from the looks of it it sounds like the harder one was NOT experimental. The LG section with the spacial Junior/Senior game was the true LG, I guess. Can someone confirm?? Or also mention the other games that were in that section?

I can confirm the Mayan, arts/sports evaluation comparative, womens' rights in the French(?) Revolution, & the "knowledge of everything in Science" RC section was real.

Also, yes the teddy bear & stress/debt LR(s)were real. Also I remember questions about ........crap literally can't remember anything right now jajaja. Just so glad it's over! My 3rd time taking it since Sept 2016. Happy to confirm LR sections if others post questions they remember.

My test was: LG - LR - LG - RC - LR. The last LR seemed easier than the first.

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    103 karma

@10000019 said:
    I think it's unfair that they recycled a test that wasn't entirely sealed. Revealing the type of a specific logic game gives some test takers an unfair advantage.

What do you mean by "wasn't entirely sealed" ??

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:
    Anyone have a guess on the curve? Overall seemed a bit on the easier end to me but maybe I just studied more for this one haha.

Powerscore says -12. I think on harder side with harder RC and LG.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3279 karma

@tuc28290 said:

@10000019 said:

What do you mean by "wasn't entirely sealed" ??

The were recycling a test that wasn't suppose to have been released at all. Test takers discussed the question types. Powerscore predicted which test would be recycled, and gave tips one the question types to prepare for. They were encouraging people to study circular games because they guessed which test was going to be recycled.

• charles20charles20 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

I got LR LG LR LR RC, since I only had one LG, I can confirm that the one with junior/senior WYZ was real. I thought RC was quite difficult though.

• ilokmacailokmaca Free Trial Member
    66 karma

Does anyone remember what the other games were - other than junior/senior, that is?

984 karma

@ilokmaca The real LG on today's LSAT was then:

• Art installations 
    • Garden/Department store with furniture, gardening, housewares
    • City workers
    • 8 Diplomats/delegation sitting clockwise at a circular table
  • Kyle....Kyle.... Alum Member
    134 karma

@Kateryna said:

My understanding is that the 3rd section was experimental

894 karma

Anyone else who got LR LG LR LR RC, has any idea which LR may have been real?

• ilokmacailokmaca Free Trial Member
    66 karma

Thanks Kateryna.

Does anyone remember the fake games?

• GustavusGustavus Alum Member
    18 karma

Those LG were rough

894 karma

@"Kyle...." said:

@Kateryna said:

My understanding is that the 3rd section was experimental

what are you basing that on?

• alenahluthensalenahluthens Alum Member
    56 karma

Am I the only one that completely biffed the Logic Games (my fault, i know)? I had an experimental logic games and it was quite easy; come to find out it wasn’t the actual LG :(

894 karma

@alenahluthens said:
    Am I the only one that completely biffed the Logic Games (my fault, i know)? I had an experimental logic games and it was quite easy; come to find out it wasn’t the actual LG :(

i definitely got -3 or more on the LG.

• strugglinglsaterstrugglinglsater Free Trial Member
    87 karma

I honestly don't remember a single question from LR except the teddy bear one now LOL

984 karma

Can sb confirm how many LR questions were in each section? Was it 26 and 25 or both 25?

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Does anyone know which of the 3 LR sections was the experimental?

• matthew.kobby.grahammatthew.kobby.graham Free Trial Member
    edited July 2018 22 karma

This Lsat is the exact LSAT from February 2014. That LG was brutal

894 karma

@"matthew.kobby.graham" said:

no way! like verbatim?

edited July 2018 22 karma

@alenahluthens said:

My first Section of the LSAT was the LG that was the real one. It was a bummer because I normally perform well on LG and that one somewhat killed my confidence going into the rest of the lsat. I had little hope that it was experimental when I saw another LG but nope..the hard one was the real one

56 karma

Can anyone remember what was on the third game of the real LG section?

22 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:

no way! like verbatim?

Yea this LSAT was the exact February 2014 LSAT.

22 karma

@alenahluthens said:
    Can anyone remember what was on the third game of the real LG section?

The 8 ppl at the circular table?

134 karma

Just got done! My take is that it was an easier exam than the July, 2018, test (which I also took). In particular, I think the reading was easier.

It's my sense that the 3rd section was experimental.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Just got out. I had LG LR LG RC LR.

We had the same test. How'd you feel? I was way more confident with the sections after the break.

56 karma

@alenahluthens said:

My first Section of the LSAT was the LG that was the real one. It was a bummer because I normally perform well on LG and that one somewhat killed my confidence going into the rest of the lsat. I had little hope that it was experimental when I saw another LG but nope..the hard one was the real one

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. What a way to start the test, right? Sigh...

134 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

I agree it's probably an easier test --- which makes me a bit nervous re: the curve