Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official July 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@"matthew.kobby.graham" that's criminal lol. the last LG was pretty hard. got -3 on that. was certain i was going -0 otherwise. i think the 3rd game was grouping, either H and O are both supervise or neither of them are supervised. @alenahluthens

• Kyle....Kyle.... Alum Member
    134 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:

@"Kyle...." said:

@Kateryna said:
    Which LR were real? Got LR LG LR LR RC

My understanding is that the 3rd section was experimental

what are you basing that on?

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I know my 3rd section was experimental from talking to another test taker at my center. I think everyone tends to have the experimental at the same time, right? (i.e. if mine was the 3rd section everyone's was, but maybe not).

• matthew.kobby.grahammatthew.kobby.graham Free Trial Member
    22 karma

@alenahluthens said:

@"matthew.kobby.graham" said:

@alenahluthens said:
    Am I the only one that completely biffed the Logic Games (my fault, i know)? I had an experimental logic games and it was quite easy; come to find out it wasn’t the actual LG :(

My first Section of the LSAT was the LG that was the real one. It was a bummer because I normally perform well on LG and that one somewhat killed my confidence going into the rest of the lsat. I had little hope that it was experimental when I saw another LG but nope..the hard one was the real one

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. What a way to start the test, right? Sigh...

I would’ve preferred it being the 3rd section. I was like shell-shocked the first 3 or 4 mins of the second section because I usually get -3 on LG but I legit guessed on the whole circular table one....

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

@"Kyle...." not everybody gets experimental at the same time.

• GrumpySnailGrumpySnail Alum Member
    100 karma

This Lsat is the exact LSAT from February 2014. That LG was brutal

How did you know? I thought LSAC don't publish Feb tests; if they do they won't use it again

• GrumpySnailGrumpySnail Alum Member
    edited July 2018 100 karma

@strugglinglsater said:
    I honestly don't remember a single question from LR except the teddy bear one now LOL

same, I spent like 2 mins on that question and I had no idea what to pick lol

• matthew.kobby.grahammatthew.kobby.graham Free Trial Member
    22 karma

@GrumpySnail said:

This Lsat is the exact LSAT from February 2014. That LG was brutal

How did you know? I thought LSAC don't publish Feb tests; if they do they won't use it again

It’s been confirmed on several forums. I also went through my prep tests. This LSAT and February 2014 are the only ones since 2003 to have the circular LG question

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Just got out. I had LG LR LG RC LR.

Most of the exam was a blur.

Such a blur
    The jogger question had me like ..
    I had

LG LR LG, RC LR as well

@"Kyle...." said:

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:
    Anyone have a guess on the curve? Overall seemed a bit on the easier end to me but maybe I just studied more for this one haha.

I agree it's probably an easier test --- which makes me a bit nervous re: the curve

Yeah I didn't think it was all that bad. guy from LSAThacks was saying on Reddit he thought the curve was -11, -12. Apparently it was the same test as feb 2014, which was difficult.

984 karma

Did this test have 100 or 101 questions guys?

984 karma

@GrumpySnail Dave Killoran reported it to be February 2014 test. He also has a blog post about this test on powerscore website. The link was posted in this forum before, check first page

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited July 2018 9372 karma

Interesting. I believe the test was used in 2016 in Asia (undisclosed).

February 2014 LSAT (North America) = September 2016 LSAT (Asia) = July 2018 LSAT (North America)

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

@akistotle said:

February 2014 LSAT (North America) = September 2016 LSAT (Asia) = July 2018 LSAT (North America)

I believe it was a sabbath test as well.

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

I had a experimental LR. I think it was the first one. Way tougher than the others. LG sucked. Only got 2 of the 4 games fully

• blah blahblah blah Alum Member
    111 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    These are few I remember from Lr: all real just had two sections.
    -teddy bears that look like humans(?)
    -Kitten shrunk
    -paper currency Quebec
    -full time zookeepers

Most of the exam was a blur.

teddy bear question gave me fits

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:

@akistotle said:

I believe it was a sabbath test as well.

Yea, it looks like it! September 2017 Sabbath Observer LSAT (North America)

• joanyou9382joanyou9382 Alum Member
    10 karma

I got 3 LRs. The second one has a question about bright male birds and the pick of nesting site. Can someone confirm if it is real?

• sabrina.garierisabrina.garieri Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@joanyou9382 said:
    I got 3 LRs. The second one has a question about bright male birds and the pick of nesting site. Can someone confirm if it is real?

I got 2 LR sections and I don’t remember this being there on either of them

1277 karma

@joanyou9382 said:

I think that’s expiremental.

• alenahluthensalenahluthens Alum Member
    56 karma

@joanyou9382 said:

Not real. I had 2 LGs.

• joanyou9382joanyou9382 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 10 karma

Thanks peeps. My order was LR LG LR LR RC, my second LR is experimental, the last question of which is about bright colored male bird/ duller female bird/ nesting sites/ predators.

• gi8735gi8735 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@Kateryna said:
    @ilokmaca The real LG on today's LSAT was then:

• Art installations 
    • Garden/Department store with furniture, gardening, housewares
    • City workers
    • 8 Diplomats/delegation sitting clockwise at a circular table

It appears for me that my 3rd section on logic games (one containing Junior and senior XYZ) was the real one? Can someone please confirm

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

@gi8735 confirmed

• gi8735gi8735 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@Kateryna said:

• Art installations 
    • City workers

Did anyone have this as the 3rd game?

111 karma

Are the answer sheets made available upon score release or do they not do that for undisclosed exams?

111 karma

@gi8735 said:

@Kateryna said:

• Art installations 
    • City workers

It appears for me that my 3rd section on logic games (one containing Junior and senior XYZ) was the real one? Can someone please confirm

yep that one was the real one

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    edited July 2018 279 karma

@joanyou9382 said:
    Thanks peeps. My order was LR LG LR LR RC, my second LR is experimental, the last question of which is about bright colored male bird/ duller female bird/ nesting sites/ predators.

Good - I thought that was the harder LR section.... It also had a question about metamaterial and human visibility or something..... Anyone remember that (for LR experimental)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"blah blah" said:
    Are the answer sheets made available upon score release or do they not do that for undisclosed exams?

For undisclosed, all you get is your score. No copy of test or answer sheet.

• Raychul123Raychul123 Member
    179 karma

I had three LR sections. One of the sections had a most logical counter response question with two people talking about contemporary art. One of the people speaking was like " Contemporary classical music is great art" and the other person was like "Nah it's not because it doesn't experience a wide range of emotions." Can anyone who had experimental LG or RC sections confirm this question as being real?

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3652 karma

I’m feeling super relieved and also super paranoid that I messed up bubbling. I agree that it felt a lil easier. I kinda messed up some on the first LGs, think I guessed on 2 qs. Loved the LG with the 1-8 circular diagram. Finally all the foolproofing from the early PTs paid off. I don’t remember anything about LR, I had LR-LR-LG-LR-RC. I thought my first LR was harder compared to the others (I think it was the one with the teddy bear question as like question 5). I was pretty happy about the order I got especially since RC was pretty chill and had fairly interesting topics. Real RC was about 2 diff women’s rights theorists during the french rev, sports, theory of everything..
    Good luck to y’all and let’s all try to chill and keep our shit together for the next couple weeks!!

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

So for people that had 3 LRs (LR LG LR LR RC) did we generally decide the second LR was experimental?

1277 karma

I thought the comparitive RC passage was killer. But I am looking at PT71 and PT 72 curve. This has not bearing on this test (between 71 and 72) but wow. LSAC was into hard tests in 2013-2014 apparently.

• ilokmacailokmaca Free Trial Member
    66 karma

Was LG City Workers the Supervised/Unsupervised one?

973 karma

@ilokmaca said:
    Was LG City Workers the Supervised/Unsupervised one?

Yes. That was real

edited July 2018 973 karma

I had 3 LR's (LR LG LR LR RC).

My first LR: don't remember
    My second LR: Mayor and economist talking about payroll and taxes
    My third LR: Dog who howls at trains

Can anyone confirm which one was experimental?

• 224 karma

For those that had LR-LG-LR—LR-RC, with the 26 question LR passage being thE very first one, think that the first ten were harder than normal??? #4 and #5 tripped me up and ruined my timing for the rest of the section.

894 karma

Can anyone confirm if the LR mentioning Homer is a real LR or experimental?

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Dogs that howl at trains while being washed is real.

• Raychul123Raychul123 Member
    179 karma

@onecallthatsall said:
    For those that had LR-LG-LR—LR-RC, with the 26 question LR passage being thE very first one, think that the first ten were harder than normal??? #4 and #5 tripped me up and ruined my timing for the rest of the section.

Umm yes! I found the first 10 of section one to be way more difficult than usual. I chocked it up to nerves, but maybe not!

984 karma

@onecallthatsall yes! I felt same way. So was the 26 question one real? And then the second one experimental? Had LR LG LR LR RC

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

@onecallthatsall said:

Yep. I felt that the first LR section was abnormally difficult. I usually finish with 8-10 minutes to look over my answers but finished this one with only 4.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3652 karma

@Raychul123 said:

@onecallthatsall said:

Umm yes! I found the first 10 of section one to be way more difficult than usual. I chocked it up to nerves, but maybe not!

Same!! I remember I was at 20min on number 17 and then started to catch up. Didn’t have much time to review anything.

• sophiearkysophiearky Free Trial Member
    edited July 2018 8 karma

Anyone know about the LG with people guarding a front/rear/side door. Could it be experimental?

984 karma

@sophiearky experimental

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

The only section I found above average in difficulty was RC. Anyone else feel this way? The passages were all interesting, but I thought the questions were hard.

973 karma

@Kateryna said:
    @onecallthatsall yes! I felt same way. So was the 26 question one real? And then the second one experimental? Had LR LG LR LR RC

That's what I'm hoping! I'm hoping my second one was experimental

• FlyEaglesFlyFlyEaglesFly Member
    46 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    Can anyone confirm if the LR mentioning Homer is a real LR or experimental?

Thinking this one was real. It was an analogy type question right? If so, then yes one of my 2.

• whitepantherzwhitepantherz Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Does anyone know if the LG with the 7 schools/theater performances was experimental or real?

edited July 2018 894 karma

@whitepantherz said:
    Does anyone know if the LG with the 7 schools/theater performances was experimental or real?

that was my only LG so i think real

984 karma

@whitepantherz experimetal

• strugglinglsaterstrugglinglsater Free Trial Member
    87 karma

@whitepantherz said:

Experimental, I think.