Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official July 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@FlyEaglesFly said:

@"lady macbeth" said:
    Can anyone confirm if the LR mentioning Homer is a real LR or experimental?

Thinking this one was real. It was an analogy type question right? If so, then yes one of my 2.

i can't even remember what type of question it was honestly. i just remember being like "@lsat why do ya'll love homer so much"

• sophiearkysophiearky Free Trial Member
    8 karma

@whitepantherz From what I'm hearing, you either got a game about city workers OR the school/theater.

On the reddit thread, someone mentioned having only one LG and the 7 school plays was one of them.

• alenahluthensalenahluthens Alum Member
    56 karma

@Raychul123 said:
    I had three LR sections. One of the sections had a most logical counter response question with two people talking about contemporary art. One of the people speaking was like " Contemporary classical music is great art" and the other person was like "Nah it's not because it doesn't experience a wide range of emotions." Can anyone who had experimental LG or RC sections confirm this question as being real?

It was real

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@hawaiihi said:
    So for people that had 3 LRs (LR LG LR LR RC) did we generally decide the second LR was experimental?

let hope. i had the same order as you and my first two were harder than the last (S4) imo.

• rlapietra3rlapietra3 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Can someone explain to me how the curve works. I see people saying -12 or -11 but I dont necessarily understand how to apply it.

• Raychul123Raychul123 Member
    179 karma

Did anyone else find the comparative passage to be awful?

• Kyle....Kyle.... Alum Member
    134 karma

@GrumpySnail said:

@strugglinglsater said:
    I honestly don't remember a single question from LR except the teddy bear one now LOL

same, I spent like 2 mins on that question and I had no idea what to pick lol

I think the answer was one re: that the kids tend to choose bears with features similar to those they already own. > @AngusMcGillis said:

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Just got out. I had LG LR LG RC LR.

Most of the exam was a blur.

Such a blur
    The jogger question had me like ..
    I had

LG LR LG, RC LR as well

@"Kyle...." said:

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:
    Anyone have a guess on the curve? Overall seemed a bit on the easier end to me but maybe I just studied more for this one haha.

I agree it's probably an easier test --- which makes me a bit nervous re: the curve

Yeah I didn't think it was all that bad. guy from LSAThacks was saying on Reddit he thought the curve was -11, -12. Apparently it was the same test as feb 2014, which was difficult.

What do you mean by that? I don't know what "-11, -12" means. To get a 170?

134 karma

@"sabrina.garieri" said:

@joanyou9382 said:
    I got 3 LRs. The second one has a question about bright male birds and the pick of nesting site. Can someone confirm if it is real?

I got 2 LR sections and I don’t remember this being there on either of them

Agree -- I didn't get this question

134 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    Can anyone confirm if the LR mentioning Homer is a real LR or experimental?

I don't recall getting this question

134 karma

@10000019 said:

@tuc28290 said:

@10000019 said:
    I think it's unfair that they recycled a test that wasn't entirely sealed. Revealing the type of a specific logic game gives some test takers an unfair advantage.

What do you mean by "wasn't entirely sealed" ??

The were recycling a test that wasn't suppose to have been released at all. Test takers discussed the question types. Powerscore predicted which test would be recycled, and gave tips one the question types to prepare for. They were encouraging people to study circular games because they guessed which test was going to be recycled.

Well that's fucked up

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3652 karma

Did anyone else find the comparative passage to be awful?

I wasn’t a fan! I thought the passages themselves was relatively straight forward but half of the questions were really rough! Like the ones that asked what the 2 passages agreed on or how the 1st passage would apply the theory mentioned in the 2nd. I wasn’t sure how the passages really related.

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

@Raychul123 yes comparative passage was difficult. I was not sure how they related and it sank a lot of time

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

Man, I'm not gonna lie -- I briefly looked over those Powerscore predictions and so I knew that there was a potential circular game lurking in the shadows, but I figured that LSAC would never re-administer an exam so quickly.

Knowing the reputation of the 4th game + knowing that the section wasn't experimental definitely played some sick psychology on me during the timed exam. In the end, all my mistakes are my own, but man that's such a weird and twisted thing to run into during an LSAT.

• 534 karma

I’m so confused, I had the LG-LR-LG-RC-LR and thought my second section was the real and the first was experimental. People are saying the first one was real?? Could’ve sworn the circular one was in my second section. What about a LG prompt on someone standing in the Front/Side/Back... was that real or experimental?

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:
    I’m so confused, I had the LG-LR-LG-RC-LR and thought my second section was the real and the first was experimental. People are saying the first one was real?? Could’ve sworn the circular one was in my second section. What about a LG prompt on someone standing in the Front/Side/Back... was that real or experimental?

The LG section with the game about H&O are supervisors and the circular game was real. I only had one LG.

• iamcardibriiamcardibri Alum Member
    314 karma

What a freakin shit show

314 karma

Btw, when you guys say the curve is -12... what does that mean exactly? Because it’s highly likely that I got -12 on the LG fml hahaha (nervous laughter)

314 karma

I had LG (super hard) LR LG (sigh of relief... jk this one’s experiment fool!) RC LR

Honestly, after the first LG I couldn’t even remember how to speak English ? it took me a solid 5 minutes to collect myself.

The LR is all a blur. I remember teddy bears, dinosaur/bird fossils, serious runners and their stupid running shoes, advertisements for auto dealerships, and something about type I and type II diabetes..

It all happened so fast!

314 karma

Okay and can I just say THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING HERE.

This thread is really helping me cope right now and I think I’m finally approaching the stage of acceptance and inner peace lol.

WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER PEOPLE! You all rock :blush:

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

I had two LG sections- believe that was expiremental.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

Whoooo! I had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR. I'm glad that everyone confirms the circular game was the real deal. I wasn't ready for it, but I felt it was easier than the experimental. The experimental mirrored more common LG types, so I thought that was the real thing. However, I found it much harder than the first section. Part of it could have been that I didn't expect having two LG sections in the first half, but I'm glad the first prevailed.

I was slower than average on the first LR section, and faster than average on the second. I don't know if that means anything, I think I became hyper focused on the the first and maybe over compensated on the second. Regardless, I hope they average each other out.

I will say I thought the RC was extremely easy. I don't know that I have ever read and understand every passage so easily. Perhaps I was just in the zone for it, but I really did feel more comfortable and in tune with the RC than I ever have.

I did some prayers before and after the test hat everyone did well today. I extend that towards y'all!

• ilokmacailokmaca Free Trial Member
    66 karma

Does anyone that had 2 LG sections happen to remember the first game in the fake section? Art Installations was the first one in the real section.

Okay so now I’m remembering my 2nd LR section. I’m pretty sure it was 26 qs and question 24 was a really hard q about a photo this kid found of his aunt, Jamaica 1972. Question 25 was two statements about taxes increasing and which of the following applies to one but not the other. Anyone remember that who didn’t have an experimental LR?

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    Okay so now I’m remembering my 2nd LR section. I’m pretty sure it was 26 qs and question 24 was a really hard q about a photo this kid found of his aunt, Jamaica 1972. Question 25 was two statements about taxes increasing and which of the following applies to one but not the other. Anyone remember that who didn’t have an experimental LR?

I remember that section but don't know if it was 26 questions (thought it was maybe 25)? I thought the mayor/economist taxes increasing applies to one not the other was a toughie, was hoping it was experimental (it was my 2nd of 3 LR)

• kellifinnegankellifinnegan Free Trial Member
    edited July 2018 7 karma

@hawaiihi said:

@"surfy surf" said:

I remember that section but don't know if it was 26 questions (thought it was maybe 25)? I thought the mayor/economist taxes increasing applies to one not the other was a toughie, was hoping it was experimental (it was my 2nd of 3 LR)

I had LG experimental and don’t remember these, but my brain is mush so I may just be forgetting.

66 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

Aunt Jamaica - pretty sure experimental. I had 2 LGs - think I would remember Aunt Jamaica and I don't...

• DEC NutsDEC Nuts Alum Member
    111 karma

@iamcardibri said:
    Btw, when you guys say the curve is -12... what does that mean exactly? Because it’s highly likely that I got -12 on the LG fml hahaha (nervous laughter)

They are referring to the curve for the 170 threshold. Example: You could miss 10 questions on the June exam to get a 170.

• luisaescobar07luisaescobar07 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@hawaiihi said:
    So for people that had 3 LRs (LR LG LR LR RC) did we generally decide the second LR was experimental?

From what I understand, not everyone who gets three LRs receives them in the same order. So you could’ve gotten the experimental one second and it could’ve been someone else’s third. You’ll have to just base which was your experimental one on the questions you remember

• luisaescobar07luisaescobar07 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@Raychul123 said:
    I had three LR sections. One of the sections had a most logical counter response question with two people talking about contemporary art. One of the people speaking was like " Contemporary classical music is great art" and the other person was like "Nah it's not because it doesn't experience a wide range of emotions." Can anyone who had experimental LG or RC sections confirm this question as being real?

Yes this one was real. I had 2 LRs

• gi8735gi8735 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

That's where I'm comfused, i coulda sworn I had african countries and front/back/side one with the circular table

• mahe229mahe229 Member
    16 karma

@rlapietra3 said:
    Can someone explain to me how the curve works. I see people saying -12 or -11 but I dont necessarily understand how to apply it.

That means you can miss 12 and still get a 170

66 karma

@gi8735 said:

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

That's where I'm comfused, i coulda sworn I had african countries and front/back/side one with the circular table

No African countries or front/back/side for me - but did have round table. Round table was definitely real - I did have fake LG section but can't remember much about it...other than no African countries or front/back/side...

• 534 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

Sorry to keep asking, still can’t get this straight in my head. Did the real LG section have a game where U had to be alone and J couldn’t be with K or something?

• MorganDobersekMorganDobersek Alum Member
    18 karma

@"matthew.kobby.graham" said:

@alenahluthens said:
    Am I the only one that completely biffed the Logic Games (my fault, i know)? I had an experimental logic games and it was quite easy; come to find out it wasn’t the actual LG :(

My first Section of the LSAT was the LG that was the real one. It was a bummer because I normally perform well on LG and that one somewhat killed my confidence going into the rest of the lsat. I had little hope that it was experimental when I saw another LG but nope..the hard one was the real one

YES Same!!! Totally threw me off. :(

• CPAtoJDCPAtoJD Member
    112 karma

Does anyone remember the order of the RC passages? Keep seeing different orders from people recapping the test and it's making me nervous. I remember:

1. Two concepts on women's rights
      2/3: Belize/Sports and art (can't remember which was second/third)
      4: Complexity Theory
    314 karma

@"DEC Nuts" said:
    They are referring to the curve for the 170 threshold. Example: You could miss 10 questions on the June exam to get a 170.

Ah, thank you for clarifying!

66 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

@ChaimtheGreat said:

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

Sorry to keep asking, still can’t get this straight in my head. Did the real LG section have a game where U had to be alone and J couldn’t be with K or something?

Michaela - I'm confused too but I think we can resolve it. I believe U had to be alone and J couldn’t be with K or something was fake. Art Installation, something with gardens, super/unsuper, and round table was real. This was my first game in LG LR LG RC LR test. I don't think your front/back/side could have been in the same game as round table? Front/back/side must have been with U had to be alone and J couldn’t be with K or something - wait...now I'm confusing myself because I remember all of the games you mentioned except Front/Back/Side - something isn't matching up...maybe U had to be alone and J couldn’t be with K or something was the something with gardens game so it's real....I think I just made our confusion worse!

• FutureElleWoodsFutureElleWoods Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Why would LSAC reuse a test that was originally thought of as more difficult than usual? Aren't that wanting consistency with the test difficulty? Stressing that this test will ruin my score since it was harder than the other PT I took.

• amanda.m.maguireamanda.m.maguire Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@CPAtoJD said:
    Does anyone remember the order of the RC passages? Keep seeing different orders from people recapping the test and it's making me nervous. I remember:

My order was LR-LR-LG-LR-RC - the reading comp section about Belize and Women's Rights was on mine so it is scored. Hope this helps!

4 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

@ChaimtheGreat said:

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

I had LR-LR-LG-LR-RC. My logic games section had people sitting in a circle with a moderator, translator and junior & senior reps from 3 different countries.

4 karma

@whitepantherz said:
    Does anyone know if the LG with the 7 schools/theater performances was experimental or real?

yes that was my only LG also

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I just looked on LSAC and can confirm today is not gray day. Sigh*

• wrasschaertwrasschaert Member
    edited July 2018 310 karma

@CPAtoJD said:

I remember sports/art 2nd (I'm confident on the sports one, because I remember being surprised that the comparative passage was 2nd) and Belize 3rd.

I don't really remember the Belize passage at all though. Yet RC felt good, hopefully makes up for my lackluster LG performance.

• Uncle_FesterUncle_Fester Alum Member
    45 karma

I figured out the trick to the circular table LG while lying in bed last night staring at the ceiling. Damndamndamn.

• RiseandGrindRiseandGrind Alum Member
    edited July 2018 219 karma

@CPAtoJD said:

The RC was 1. Women's rights (De Gouget), 2. Art and Sports Aesthetic (comparative) 3. Belize Indigenous rights and logging and 4. Complexity theory is better than the theory of Everything (subatomic particles)

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 2124 karma

I felt hazed by the LG section and that’s my strongest section.

66 karma

I had an LG LR LG RC LR test and have an unhealthy obsession with figuring out if the real LG (round table) was my first or second LG section - I can't remember - leaning towards first. I think the 7 schools/theater performances was the first game in the fake LG section (even though amanda.m.maguire says it was real - her only LG game - how could this be??). Can anybody shed some light on this?

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

The 7 schools thestre performances was definitely real. I only had one LG section and that was my first game.

• 534 karma

@ilokmaca said:
    I had an LG LR LG RC LR test and have an unhealthy obsession with figuring out if the real LG (round table) was my first or second LG section - I can't remember - leaning towards first. I think the 7 schools/theater performances was the first game in the fake LG section (even though amanda.m.maguire says it was real - her only LG game - how could this be??). Can anybody shed some light on this?

SAME I can’t figure it out!! On Reddit they’re saying the real LGs were Art (Super or unsupervised), 5:7 schools, circular, and furniture, housing, gardening (or whatever FHG stood for) but I don’t think those were in the same section for me?? I also thought my second section was real (and harder) not the first

• rwest90212rwest90212 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@ilokmaca said:

I also had the 7 schools/theater performances question in the same section with the circular. Best I can figure, this "city workers" question that PowerScore is talking about was switched out with the schools/theaters on this go-round. They're assuming that the test was verbatim Feb 2014. I think eventually they'll figure it out and recant.