Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September or November?

Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
in General 394 karma

I took the test today. Needless to say, not feeling good. I already cancelled once. This was my second take. I know I did poorly. The deadline to sign up for September is in 45 minutes. Is there any downside to waiting until November? At this point I’m not sure if it’s for me, even though I want to try one last time. I made great improvements but today was just... off. Logic games were nothing like what I was prepping. Was constantly getting -5 max and I’m lucky to have gotten 10 right today. Any help appreciated. Not sure if I should keep the dream alive or get my masters in teaching starting this September.

Comments

• mgzero2mgzero2 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 86 karma

Score you think you got today? Score you're aiming for?

You can probably go from 160 to 165 by September but I doubt you will go 155 to 170 by September.

The downside is I'm pretty sure November doesn't let you apply ED to any school.

• Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
    394 karma

Just need a 155 for my school I want. Just feel like I got no more than a 145 today. Fell flat.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Signup for sept and nov ? Take some time to think about what pathway you’d like to go down . Can you retake then apply for Law and masters in the same cycle ? If you really want to go to Law school definitely keep pushing , but if you feel it’s not worth it / ect you need to revaluate. Good luck feel free to pm

394 karma

Consistently PTing around 152 until today. Probably wasn’t ready but still took it. Just don’t know if I should spend 200 bucks tonight.. cancel my score...

86 karma

I think you can probably go from 145 to 155 because at 145 I don't think you even have the basics mastered. Not trying to be insulting, but I think if you honestly get all the basics of the core curriculum here down and do some practice you can hit 155 without too much trouble.

How dedicated to the study do you plan to be? If you did 3 hrs 5x a week I'm pretty sure come September you would hit that 155.

394 karma

Should I cancel my score from today though?

edited July 2018 86 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:
    Should I cancel my score from today though?

That's up to you. A canceled or a not canceled score counts as a take. There is unlimited takes now. Honestly, I don't see much of a point. An improvement in score always looks better and unless you show up drunk to the next test and fall asleep I don't see why you would go down instead of up when you said your PTs felt better and you plan to study. It might even be better than you think as the curve for the 150s will likely be generous. Even the 170 has a -12 prediction which is pretty average.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I would say November. Give yourself a break. Don’t think about the test. Recollect your thoughts in at least two weeks and come back ready to work.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Schools with a median of 155 don’t care about retakes generally.

• LawSkewlProbsLawSkewlProbs Alum Member
    103 karma

Relax a little. You have plenty of time to get that 155. Don't throw away your dream just yet. I was toying with the idea of getting my Master's in teaching as well. My wife just graduated and has a job lined up through Teach for America. I could be teaching Fall of 2019, making $45K. But then I think of being in law school going after what I truly want to do. The income possibilities are greater, but not guaranteed in the legal field. I, too, would be straight with a 155. Keep the dream alive man. Do not give up. There really isn't a rush to get into law school for a certain semester or year. We've got a lot of time on our sides this upcoming year. Let's crush it!!!

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

If it's really your dream don't waste additional money on a Master's. Take both September/November..not sure if you made deadline

394 karma

I signed up for the september. Only because I felt I had to with the deadline last night. Just not sure how to go about preparing now... go through the CC from scratch? Like I said before too, I cancelled once. Debating doing it again. Not sure how a bad score looks when paired with a good one and a cancel..