Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what now?

Don_DraperDon_Draper Alum Member
in General 88 karma

I took the July Lsat and signed up for the September one. I spent about 9 months studying, and I now realize I'm pretty much out of preptests.... Do I just start redoing them?

Comments

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

It's all you can do unless you purchase more PTs.

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma

No, petition LSAC to create more tests for you right now or alternatively go into the future, get more, then come back to the present.

• 200 karma

Reusing PTs isn't so bad. They can't replace a virgin PT, but if you didn't get the grade you wan't the first time around, that means there are definitely things you can still learn from retaking those older tests.

I've been studying for 13+ months and I am also taking the September LSAT. While I've saved most of the newer ones for these last 6 or so weeks, I have also rewritten a number of tests. It's been helpful both as a diagnostic tool (if I can the same question wrong both times I took it, that's a big red flag!) as well as serving as a benchmark for improvement (I've seen a 6-7 point improvement in my raw score when rewriting tests that I initially took before I found 7sage).

Your priority should be rewriting those PTs that you did the worst on. Treat the very oldest PTs (i.e. those that you first wrote the longest ago) as a substitute for actual virgin PTs. If you want to try and compensate for the fact that you've seen these tests before, try giving yourself a few minutes less than the normal 35 minutes per section.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Do you mean you don't have any fresh PrepTests left? There are at least 84 PrepTests. (You can also purchase "Superpreps" like PT A, B, C, and C2)

@"Accounts Playable" talks about what to do when you used up all the PTs in his AMA:

I recommend listening to his advice!

Good luck :smiley:

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

There is so much you can learn from redoing tests. Go back through, look at your mistakes, and see how you can improve. Especially with tests that you did long ago, it will feel fresh.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

If I were you I would re-do tests and focus mainly on the more recent ones... 60s and onwards