Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When should I purchase CAS?

LLLL1111LLLL1111 Alum Member

I’m taking the September 2018 LSAT and would like to submit my law school applications as soon as I receive my score. I have one LSAT score and my undergrad transcript on file already so if I purchase LSAC’s CAS service now, will my reports be sent to schools before my (hopefully higher) September LSAT score is released? Should I wait until after the test to purchase CAS even though it’s recommended to purchase it four-six weeks before you plan to submit applications?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I would purchase it now. It's active for five years. Your report won't be submitted to the school until you specify you want it sent.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@10000019 said:
    I would purchase it now. It's active for five years. Your report won't be submitted to the school until you specify you want it sent.

Yes it is better to start now. It will also allow you to begin assembling your letters of recommendation early.

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

Your reports will not be sent out until you click "submit application" and pay the $40 LSAC fee or whatever, on top of the application fee per individual school.
    So I would purchase it sooner rather than later :)