After so many RCs...finally

mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
edited August 2018 in General 519 karma

I've done so much for the RC section. It was my weakest by far. I spent a whole 3 months working on drilling, preptest, understanding the passage, taking every single note and explanation that was said by JY.
I can't stress the amount of hours and nights I spent on RCs
I was missing around 8 sometimes even 10 at the very start. I just couldn't understand the passage fully and answer all the questions within 35minutes. It was brutal and very frustrating! VERY!

Now...I only miss 3-4 at most! I am very happy and that this had greatly improved my overall score. I never thought I would see results like this. I remember telling myself that I would never get as good as the other 7sagers on here...I couldn't be more happy today. I will still be working on RC to maintain that score and of course get better. Mainly with comparison passage as those are tricky for me.

I understand this forum is mainly used for #help. But I just can't express how happy I am tonight and that is all because of 7sage and the 7sage community!

Thank you to everyone!

Comments

• janelleengjanelleeng Alum Member
    154 karma

Yes I had the same feeling with Reading comp! Congrats !

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats! What clicked for you?

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

@janelleeng Thank you so much! Congrats to you too! We did it!!

@keets993 honestly, I slowly began to dissect the passage a lot better. My accuracy began improving along with my speed. I no longer needed to write out low res summaries but instead understand the passage as a whole.
    I read the question stem first and then I would read the passage. I know everyone has their own way on how to attack RC but this one just happen to work for me! It gave me insight on what the passage was going to be about, some key words to look for and what to really tune in for (if its asking for conclusion, main point, organizations, etc). Again everyone is different, this was the best method for me.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Congratulations, glad to hear you got it to work for you . Thanks for sharing

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Nice man! I had a similar epiphany with RC a while back and nothing feels better than seeing some RC improvement!

• PositivePositive Alum Member
    edited August 2018 426 karma

Congratulations!! How many RC set (as in 4 passage = 1 set) did you normally practice a day? Also, what PT range (e.g., 40s, 70s, etc) have you done??

Thanks in advance : )

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

@ebalde1234 Thank you so much

@Alex I know Alex, it took me awhile but all well worth it

@Positive I would do 2 sets sometimes even 1 but really took my time on the BR process. Or sometimes I would spend a full day just drilling really difficult passages.
    I've worked with majority 60s and 70s. I have a few 70s and of course the 80s but leaving those towards test day (Sept 8th)