Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need everyone's help

sarah_philips91sarah_philips91 Alum Member
edited August 2018 in General 45 karma

Hello everyone,

I would like to take the LSAT next year March so I wanted to know if 6.5 months will be enough time for me to study with the Ultimate+ ?

I want to start studying from September 4th to March 30th. I do work however, I can work part-time.

I have years of LSAT learning (2013) but for some reason, I can’t score above 141.

Please help me!!!!!

Thank you all.

Admin note: no all caps please

Comments

• qwerty23qwerty23 Member
    edited August 2018 29 karma

I work part time now (30 hours) and have been studying since late January. It depends on how much time you are going to be able to allocate. Can you work part time and study full time? Or realistically will you only be studying >25 hours per week? I plan on taking the November test (I originally planned on July but really needed more time to PT) now, and that still doesn't always feel like enough time :neutral:

It also depends on the score you a going for, and how well you learn/absorb information. For me logical thinking really didn't come easy, but for others it comes more naturally.

• carlos.raiz23carlos.raiz23 Alum Member
    195 karma

IF you work part time/full time, I would give yourself way more time to study as opposed to someone who is not working and studying full time. I work full time, 40 plus hours a week and I have been studying since January and plan to take the November LSAT to apply this cycle.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Target score?

• sarah_philips91sarah_philips91 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 45 karma

@qwerty23 It’s not like I have no knowledge of what the LSAT is. I’ll probably work between 20 to 30 hours per week. It depends on how much studying I have to do each week. I plan on following the study schedule. I don’t want to push my exam to June because that’s very late.

Good luck on everything with you.

45 karma

@"carlos.raiz23" I plan on working part-time. I understand but remember, I am not new to this. I will follow the study schedule. I really don’t want to push the exam back.

Good luck to you.

45 karma

@FixedDice My target score is 150 or higher but I prefer 160 or higher.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think that you should clarify (for yourself) what your goal score is. A ten point range is kind of big. If your target is 150 because 150 would get you into the school you want with the scholarships you want, then that's awesome! But if 150 is your target score because you feel like that's as high as you can ever get, I would rethink it a little bit. If you need a 160 to accomplish your goals, then 160 should be your goal. I really think that scoring a 160 is a matter of understanding the fundamentals and having some solid strategies with timing, and that it is doable for anyone. I think that maybe all of your prior studying/LSAT knowledge is holding you back. It's good that you're familiar with the test, but it seems as though this previous stuff isn't really helping you and that maybe you need to let go of it and have a fresh start mentally with the LSAT. Accept that whatever you were doing before just wasn't working for you (and that's totally okay!). Having said all of that, I do think that you can get a 150 (maybe even a 160) in six months. Which cycle do you want to apply to law schools in?

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

What are your scores on each section?

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    edited August 2018 973 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    I think that maybe all of your prior studying/LSAT knowledge is holding you back. It's good that you're familiar with the test, but it seems as though this previous stuff isn't really helping you and that maybe you need to let go of it and have a fresh start mentally with the LSAT. Accept that whatever you were doing before just wasn't working for you (and that's totally okay!)

Agreed, @sarah_philips91 , you keep insisting to commentators that "it's not like you have no knowledge about what the LSAT is." But this is a test where if you start off using methods that may be not ideal for your individual style, or if you rely too much on early ways of shortcut thinking before you have the foundations down, then it can really set you back. It's a lot like golf--it's easy to brute force hit the ball really far in the beginning, but if you don't have the technique, in the long term you'll never get much farther.

I know, personally, that when I thought I already had a grasp on the LSAT (when I actually didn't), I would get really, really upset with myself thinking I should already be acing it. That mentality wasn't helpful for my progress at all, and I'd caution you to avoid my mistake!