Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⭐️ Official June 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ⭐️

1235»

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I think the curve is -10. I might be wrong. Can someone confirm?

edited June 2018 9372 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Hahaha bombed it too. So weird. Lowest score I’ve gotten since... I don’t know how long. Looks like I am in good company! Man, feels unusual that so many people are all saying their score was way lower than expected. Haven’t gotten to look at the report yet, just the email. I’ll have to go over and see what’s up. My thought coming out of the test was that I did ok, likely more answers correct than in December, but might get killed by the curve. But instead I must have missed way more questions. Anyone see what the curve is? It’ll be a couple hours until I can sit down and take a look at the details.

Well, as is said before, your 7sage fam is here for everyone! And it sounds like a lot of us will be retaking. I wasn’t thinking I’d be likely to retake, but scoring significantly lower than my take in December doesn’t feel like a good look, even if schools will consider my December anyway. But leaves a bad taste in my mouth having my lowest score in ages be my most recent score with LSAC. :-/ So, September here I come!

So sorry to hear this. If it makes you feel any better, I don’t think getting a lower score would hurt your chances. You’re not in a worse position because of this. You already have a great score so you can apply early this coming cycle!

But yea, retake in September and become a Sage! :wink:

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

@"Leah M B" the curve was -10 for a 170, -17 for 165, and -26 for 160.

• pasu1223pasu1223 Alum Member
    109 karma

-9 on the LG and still a 163..... not bad but probably taking it one more shot in September

• jadaallenderjadaallender Alum Member
    8 karma

THANK YOU 7SAGE!! I got 169!!!! So happy!!! (but wish I could've gotten 170 now) Seriously this course was amazing and I learned so much!!! I got a late start to studying (started studying only 2 months before the test date) but thanks to the Study Schedule that the course provides I knew exactly how much studying I would need to do and exactly how to break it up over those 2 months. I studied 25 hours/ week religiously. May not sound like a lot but packing that on top of full time school and 25 hours/ week of work had my schedule crazy full. All I did for 2 months was eat, sleep, work, go to class and study for the LSAT. But it was so worth it!!! I felt confident the whole time during the actual LSAT test because 7Sage prepared me so well. THANK YOU @JY and team!!!

• gabbertvsougabbertvsou Alum Member
    8 karma

Long time lurker.

Came to thank JYoung for creating 7sage. Started off in the low 140s: couldn't hit above a mid 154 after 3 months of self study. Bought his basic prep course and ended up with a 167 on test day.

FYI: My SAT was in the 65th percentile.

I feel like this comes across as an infomercial but whatever. Can't wait to head back to campus in September and help my fellow classmates study. Our mean score is 142.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

@"Nico K331" get back up, dust yourself off and try again. I've taken the LSAT 3 times, 1st I got a 146, 2nd 149 and 3rd 157 (June 2018). Regardless, this is just a stepping stone in your journey. Now you know what its like and can adjust your studying accordingly.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Was 4 points under my PT average. Seems like a common story this round.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

@Marshm3llo12 said:
    got my score back... I got a 152. im going to get serious about studying now. I feel like I was to lacksidasical in my prep. just upgraded to ultimate even though im broke and im getting through all of this content before September. ugh.

Don't rush this process. I would say November is probably a safer bet for June retakers who have a good amount of fresh material left.

• mew41195mew41195 Alum Member
    159 karma

@teamteamvicster said:
    Question--is the disclosure book supposed to match up with the IRR?
    Under my disclosure book, it says what form I took and then Sec. 2, 3, 4 & 5 (missing section 1). Then when I go to my IRR, it shows Sec. 1, 2, 3 and 5 (missing section 4). Do I just not have enough coffee in my system to understand this?

Edit: I think I got it. Answer is not enough coffee.

can you elaborate? i'm lacking brain power (or coffee) to figure out & am in the same boat.

• 702 karma

Does anyone know when the June 2018 practice test will be posted on here?

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

@jadaallender said:
    THANK YOU 7SAGE!! I got 169!!!! So happy!!! (but wish I could've gotten 170 now) Seriously this course was amazing and I learned so much!!! I got a late start to studying (started studying only 2 months before the test date) but thanks to the Study Schedule that the course provides I knew exactly how much studying I would need to do and exactly how to break it up over those 2 months. I studied 25 hours/ week religiously. May not sound like a lot but packing that on top of full time school and 25 hours/ week of work had my schedule crazy full. All I did for 2 months was eat, sleep, work, go to class and study for the LSAT. But it was so worth it!!! I felt confident the whole time during the actual LSAT test because 7Sage prepared me so well. THANK YOU @JY and team!!!

169 is actually the best score you could possibly get ;) It is my dream score... I think I may be too immature for law school haha

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    edited June 2018 774 karma

@mew41195 said:
    can you elaborate? i'm lacking brain power (or coffee) to figure out & am in the same boat.

So under my Disclosure book it says you took Form #9LSN133. Then I have PDFs for Sec 5: Analytical Reasoning, Sec 3: LR, Sec 2: RC, Sec 4: LR
    Then when I open my Item Response Report, it shows columns for Sec 1, Sec 2, Sec 3, and Sec 5.

I just didn't know why it didn't match up. Like wouldn't it show in the IRR Sec 2, 3, 4 & 5? I don't know why it's like that and if that's normal.
    Now, I'm just debating about applying with my score (better than before but still my lowest PT) or retaking.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

ff> @teamteamvicster said:

@mew41195 said:

So under my Disclosure book it says you took Form #9LSN133. Then I have PDFs for Sec 5: Analytical Reasoning, Sec 3: LR, Sec 2: RC, Sec 4: LR
    Then when I open my Item Response Report, it shows columns for Sec 1, Sec 2, Sec 3, and Sec 5.

I just didn't know why it didn't match up. Like wouldn't it show in the IRR Sec 2, 3, 4 & 5? I don't know why it's like that and if that's normal.
    Now, I'm just debating about applying with my score (better than before but still my lowest PT) or retaking.

Mine was the same. I just matched them up based on the number of questions in the sections.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I misbubbled. But hey, I got Q24 on the LG section right (rolls eyes). I'll be retaking in July lol.

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:
    I misbubbled. But hey, I got Q24 on the LG section right (rolls eyes). I'll be retaking in July lol.

lol...wait there were only 23 LG questions, right? I feel like I'm losing it!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Yeah, my section list was mixed up like that too. I know for sure which one was LG, because I ran out of time and had to guess the entire last game. Which sucks, because I did SO good on the first two, and okay on the third, and then... wah wah wahhhh. If it wasn't timed, I would have done great. (sigh)
    Going to retest in November. It sucks, because if I do well, I'll miss out on some ED stuff, I think. But.. if I do well... then what does it really matter? LoL.
    Going to redo the whole CC again, I think. I have all of July and part of August without school to do so.

edited June 2018 1277 karma

@teamteamvicster said:

@ChaimtheGreat said:

lol...wait there were only 23 LG questions, right? I feel like I'm losing it!

Haha correct. I misbubbled and put the answer for q23 in 24. My score would have been alright but with the mosbubbles I’m gonna have to retake.

• Megan.D123Megan.D123 Member
    13 karma

Are we allowed now to talk about specific questions?? I'm having a real rough time understanding #24 on the first LR section. The theories of criminal sentencing.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    edited June 2018 8392 karma

@akistotle said:

@"Leah M B" said:
    Hahaha bombed it too. So weird. Lowest score I’ve gotten since... I don’t know how long. Looks like I am in good company! Man, feels unusual that so many people are all saying their score was way lower than expected. Haven’t gotten to look at the report yet, just the email. I’ll have to go over and see what’s up. My thought coming out of the test was that I did ok, likely more answers correct than in December, but might get killed by the curve. But instead I must have missed way more questions. Anyone see what the curve is? It’ll be a couple hours until I can sit down and take a look at the details.

Well, as is said before, your 7sage fam is here for everyone! And it sounds like a lot of us will be retaking. I wasn’t thinking I’d be likely to retake, but scoring significantly lower than my take in December doesn’t feel like a good look, even if schools will consider my December anyway. But leaves a bad taste in my mouth having my lowest score in ages be my most recent score with LSAC. :-/ So, September here I come!

So sorry to hear this. If it makes you feel any better, I don’t think getting a lower score would hurt your chances. You’re not in a worse position because of this. You already have a great score so you can apply early this coming cycle!

But yea, retake in September and become a Sage! :wink:

Yeah, I know it shouldn't hurt. It's frustrating though and I feel like it leaves a bad taste in my mouth having that be my most recent score. I was hoping for Sage status after this one but yeaaaahhhhh no dice hahaha.

1277 karma

Sage status?

9372 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:
    Sage status?

⭐ members who scored 170+ on the LSAT.
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/16199/list-of-forum-titles

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

I was really hoping to pull a 170 but ended with a 168, which is just a point off my average so not too surprised, though of course I wish I had scored on the other side of my score band haha. If anything it does show me the test is quite consistent ! On to October :)

9372 karma

@LindsMitch said:
    I was really hoping to pull a 170 but ended with a 168, which is just a point off my average so not too surprised, though of course I wish I had scored on the other side of my score band haha. If anything it does show me the test is quite consistent ! On to October :)

A 168 is a great score. Congrats! But yes, you can pull a 170 next time ;)

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

I'm happy to say I pulled off a 170 on the June test! I really could not have done it without the advice and support from all of you 7sagers and the materials in the 7sage course. To those who didn't hit their target- don't give up! I studied pretty much constantly for a full year and on top of that things just seemed to go right in every way on test day. Keep working and you'll get there :)

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

@ATLsat_2019 said:
    I'm happy to say I pulled off a 170 on the June test! I really could not have done it without the advice and support from all of you 7sagers and the materials in the 7sage course. To those who didn't hit their target- don't give up! I studied pretty much constantly for a full year and on top of that things just seemed to go right in every way on test day. Keep working and you'll get there :)

congrats!

• lchaney22lchaney22 Member
    18 karma

Anyone know when this test will be available for review on 7sage?

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@lchaney22, Another thread on here said it'll be about 2 months.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@ATLsat_2019, Celebrate! Very happy for you and appreciative of your helpful comments on studying.

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

@FlashLSAT @lsatplaylist thank you both!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"Megan.D123" said:
    Are we allowed now to talk about specific questions?? I'm having a real rough time understanding #24 on the first LR section. The theories of criminal sentencing.

I don't think so, until the test is released to the public. But now that we have it, likely ok to discuss over PM? @akistotle do you know if there is a rule on that? I'd definitely say not to post much detail in public just yet.

9372 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@"Megan.D123" said:

I don't think so, until the test is released to the public. But now that we have it, likely ok to discuss over PM? @akistotle do you know if there is a rule on that? I'd definitely say not to post much detail in public just yet.

It's been released by the LSAC, so technically, yes, you can discuss.

• KalayaanKalayaan Alum Member
    edited July 2018 213 karma

Deleted.

2038 karma

For anyone curious about #24 LR, take the contrapositive of answer choice E and it should be a bit more clear intuitively. The key is that the phrase "only if it is a rehabilitationist theory" is a necessary condition and not a sufficient one.

• Nico K331Nico K331 Alum Member
    57 karma

@ZaTabler Thanks for the reminder that it's a battle in the war, so to speak! Getting back on the horse for November....

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

hey ya'll, around what time was the June score released? (plz specify time zone too)

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

AND MAY THE ODDS BE FOREVER IN YOUR FAVOR !!!

• sx23sx23 Alum Member
    409 karma

If the pattern holds y’all will be getting scores at 12:01 am Friday. Good luck sleeping that night;)

edited August 2018 3652 karma

@sx23 said:
    If the pattern holds y’all will be getting scores at 12:01 am Friday. Good luck sleeping that night;)

This is when the June score was released for everyone? Was it not released in batches? Kind of hard for me to believe that the scores will be released in batches from midnight to like 7am.

3652 karma

Oh I see it was at 12:04am eastern time and it was still released in batches...that's pretty f*cked up.

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/an-open-letter-to-lsac-about-lsat-score-release-times

• sx23sx23 Alum Member
    409 karma

Well I'm glad they did this though cause I wasn't stressing at all minutes before seeing the scores. Unfortunately it won't work for you man = = I'm sorry @surfy surf

• alleycatalleycat Free Trial Member
    edited August 2018 17 karma

Can some June test takers comment on how they thought they did vs how they actually did? Some guidance for us July takers would be most welcome while we wait!

• sx23sx23 Alum Member
    409 karma

I got exactly the same as my PT average -173 even though I've never gotten a 173 while PTing; they were either 176 or 170. I thought I did average and actually guessed 173 so no surprise there.

2038 karma

@alleycat I circled 8 questions for RC that I was uncertain on which was highly unusual for me so I was prepared to get at least half wrong. I was also considering cancelling my score since I already got a 170 from Feb and I didn't want to have a lower score on my record. Ended up with 178 in June so very fortunate I didn't decide to cancel. Also received -1 on RC.