Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diversity statement?

lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
in General 267 karma

I don't feel so good about my diversity statement though I did make an effort. Everywhere i'm reading I see it's encouraged to write a diversity statement, especially for me since I'm of a different culture. I guess my question is can you still get in with just a personal statement or do most people make the effort to add to their application package even if it's not such a great diversity statement

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

The diversity statement is a soft plus factor, and a way to show schools that you are an under represented minority with a unique social and cultural background. It definitely has the ability to help and as long as it's not poorly written it can't hurt you either. To give it the boost that it needs, I'd recommend getting it edited by an hourly admissions consultant.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

oy your comment is really helpful and now I'm conflicted :D someone suggested that a so-so diversity statement can hurt you even if you have a good personal statement so better to not include it

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

You might look into getting a consultation from Spivey or the 7sage people. They will be able to tell you more about this.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

thank you