Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official July 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• ilokmacailokmaca Free Trial Member
    66 karma

@rwest90212 said:

@ilokmaca said:
    I had an LG LR LG RC LR test and have an unhealthy obsession with figuring out if the real LG (round table) was my first or second LG section - I can't remember - leaning towards first. I think the 7 schools/theater performances was the first game in the fake LG section (even though amanda.m.maguire says it was real - her only LG game - how could this be??). Can anybody shed some light on this?

I also had the 7 schools/theater performances question in the same section with the circular. Best I can figure, this "city workers" question that PowerScore is talking about was switched out with the schools/theaters on this go-round. They're assuming that the test was verbatim Feb 2014. I think eventually they'll figure it out and recant.

rwest90212 - I think you've solved it. So you didn't have the supervised/unsupervised game?

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

@ilokmaca said:

@rwest90212 said:

@ilokmaca said:
    I had an LG LR LG RC LR test and have an unhealthy obsession with figuring out if the real LG (round table) was my first or second LG section - I can't remember - leaning towards first. I think the 7 schools/theater performances was the first game in the fake LG section (even though amanda.m.maguire says it was real - her only LG game - how could this be??). Can anybody shed some light on this?

I also had the 7 schools/theater performances question in the same section with the circular. Best I can figure, this "city workers" question that PowerScore is talking about was switched out with the schools/theaters on this go-round. They're assuming that the test was verbatim Feb 2014. I think eventually they'll figure it out and recant.

rwest90212 - I think you've solved it. So you didn't have the supervised/unsupervised game?

I had the schools game and the unsupervised/supervised

My games were

1) 7 schools visiting 5 art galleries
    2) Garden/furniture store with furniture, gardening and housewares
    3) Supervised/unsupervised game
    4) Circular game

I only had 1 game section so these are all real.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I kind of wish this test was disclosed just so I can see how JY would have tackled some of these questions.

• Cofife88Cofife88 Member
    90 karma

@"Return On Inference" I had two LG sections, but my real section had those games as well. I think I also remember a game about schools going to plays, but that was in my experimental section. The game about schools visiting art galleries was definitely in my real section.

• msirchiamsirchia Member
    50 karma

Was it me or was this test extremely difficult? I didn't really have too much trouble with the circular LG but the section as a whole was pretty intense. Also i found the LR sections were particularly difficult almost more so than they normally are.

Am I alone in this feeling? Does anyone know if there will be a curve for this exam?

• alleycatalleycat Free Trial Member
    17 karma

Does anyone remember how many questions were in the third game of the real LG set? I think I made an error in my diagram because for one of the questions, two of the answers could have been correct based on my game boards :( Wondering how much damage was done

• jessicalaurynjessicalauryn Alum Member
    edited July 2018 37 karma

I had three LR and felt like two sections were particularly tough. Can anyone confirm if the question about Country Y using a percentage of non-renewable energy was real?

• 534 karma

@"jessica.lauryn.witten" said:
    I had three LR and felt like two sections were particularly tough. Can anyone confirm if the question about Country Y using a percentage of non-renewable energy was real?

Think that was experimental I didn’t have that question. Or maybe I blacked out during half of LR and just don’t remember it.

• ilokmacailokmaca Free Trial Member
    66 karma

@alleycat said:
    Does anyone remember how many questions were in the third game of the real LG set? I think I made an error in my diagram because for one of the questions, two of the answers could have been correct based on my game boards :( Wondering how much damage was done

Can't remember - was this the art installation game or the students/plays game? I saw somewhere where someone said there were 5 in the circular table game and I think there were 6 in the first game which leaves 12 for the 2 middle games.

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

Got LR LG LR LR RC. LG had circular board, too.Which LR is the experimental?

• theslopegrandtheslopegrand Free Trial Member
    edited July 2018 10 karma

Real LR
    1.Debates and discussions about false ideas 2. Rising apartment costs and economy improvement 3. Manufacturers competition and specialized suppliers 4. Electing politics outsiders (can’t remember if that was the same section) 5. Pretty sure one of the first questions in the real lr was about short stories and political messages. I don't remember the other and I think nutritional deficiencies was the second question in the real LR.

1. Moon Gravity 6. Payroll & Tax Increases (Mayor v. Economists) - Possibly Experimental @"Simple Man" and others who had 2 LG confirm please, thanks!
  • DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma

Can anyone confirm the question with metamaterial affecting human vision as real or experimental LR section?

• blah blahblah blah Alum Member
    111 karma

@theslopegrand said:
    Real LR
    1.Debates and discussions about false ideas 2. Rising apartment costs and economy improvement 3. Manufacturers competition and specialized suppliers 4. Electing politics outsiders (can’t remember if that was the same section) 5. Pretty sure one of the first questions in the real lr was about short stories and political messages. I don't remember the other and I think nutritional deficiencies was the second question in the real LR.

1. Moon Gravity 6. Payroll & Tax Increases (Mayor v. Economists) - Possibly Experimental @"Simple Man" and others who had 2 LG confirm please, thanks!

I definitely did not have a question about moon gravity. Not sure about 6.

@DByrne07 said:
    Can anyone confirm the question with metamaterial affecting human vision as real or experimental LR section?

Definitely did not have a question about metamaterial effecting human vision.

• Lsat taker22Lsat taker22 Alum Member
    315 karma

Does anyone remember the first questions to the two real LR's? @theslopegrand mentioned one of the first questions, but I can't remember the other first question for the second real LR.

• 14 karma

Might not be helpful - does anyone with two real LR's remember their second question of the 25 q section being a RRE about bacteria? This was my second LR section of my three - and I'm hoping to figure out if it was actually experimental. Thanks!

• jhonsndrson16jhonsndrson16 Free Trial Member
    edited July 2018 4 karma

Hi,
    Can anyone tell that is 7Sage courses include tutor(one to one interaction) or not? I read here https://bestlsatprepbook.com/7sage-lsat-courses-review/ that 7Sage biggest disadvantage is no real tutors.
    Anyone who is using 7sage course please explain.
    thanks

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

@jhonsndrson16 Hey! Tutors aren't included when you purchase a 7sage course, but there are 7sage tutors available if needed. In the link below you'll find a list of approved tutors and how much they charge. Hope this helps.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@jhonsndrson16 said:
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell that is 7Sage courses include tutor(one to one interaction) or not? I read here https://bestlsatprepbook.com/7sage-lsat-courses-review/ that 7Sage biggest disadvantage is no real tutors.
    thanks

Just so you know, that page contains outdated information about 7Sage.

It says, “LSAT prep test papers are not included with the 7Sage course. You will have to buy it separately.” But students do not need to buy LSAT PrepTests separately to use with the course. PTs come with the course as printable e-docs.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

12 more days!! Is anyone going to start studying for a potential retake this week? I took a whole week off studying it’s been lovely.

2124 karma

@"surfy surf" I took a break as well. It felt great not to see another LR question, but I plan to start studying again this week.

• 702 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    12 more days!! Is anyone going to start studying for a potential retake this week? I took a whole week off studying it’s been lovely.

I took off last week, but still feel tired/burnt out. I think I'm going to take this week off as well and just relax. Even if I start studying again this week I don't think it will increase my score or anything because I'm so tired haha. I hope everyone gets some rest this week! I can't believe we will be getting our scores next week. Does anyone think we might be getting them earlier?

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

I do not think we will get them earlier. Maybe at midnight of August 10th.

• Giselle112Giselle112 Alum Member
    151 karma

@Kateryna said:
    I do not think we will get them earlier. Maybe at midnight of August 10th.

Have scores been released at midnight for prior tests?

984 karma

@Giselle112 it was released a couple minutes past midnight on the day when scores were supposed to come out for june 2018 test

• Giselle112Giselle112 Alum Member
    151 karma

@Kateryna said:
    @Giselle112 it was released a couple minutes past midnight on the day when scores were supposed to come out for june 2018 test

Gotcha! Thank you!

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

happy august guys. i'm now more nervous than ever to know what i got!!!!! ahhhhhhh.

3652 karma

I am burnt tf out I hope I don’t have to retake

• LightzedLightzed Free Trial Member
    edited August 2018 2 karma

Hey you July LSAT takers,

Reading on here I see various comments discussing which the experimental section was. Curious how you figured this out right after taking the test.

Thank you and forgive my not knowing everything.

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

@Lightzed said:
    Hey you July LSAT takers,

Reading on here I see various comments discussing which the experimental section was. Curious how you figured this out right after taking the test.

Thank you and forgive my not knowing everything.

Hey! Since people had different experimental sections, people were able to deduce which sections were the real/experimental. For example if someone had two LG sections, they would know that their two LR sections and RC section were real. Someone with three LR's would know that their RC and LG were real.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

i feel you on this. it's funny cause i'm still going to take one PT a week just incase i do have to retake.

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    happy august guys. i'm now more nervous than ever to know what i got!!!!! ahhhhhhh.

I know!! Counting down the days. 8 days seems like a lifetime.

• jhonsndrson16jhonsndrson16 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@akistotle said:

@jhonsndrson16 said:
    Hi,
    thanks

It says, “LSAT prep test papers are not included with the 7Sage course. You will have to buy it separately.” But students do not need to buy LSAT PrepTests separately to use with the course. PTs come with the course as printable e-docs.

Thanks But i am more concerned about the tutors.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited November 2019 9372 karma

@jhonsndrson16 said:

@akistotle said:

@jhonsndrson16 said:
    Hi,
    thanks

Thanks But i am more concerned about the tutors.

This is a thread about the July 2018 LSAT, so I'd appreciate if you can post another thread if you would like to talk more about it! :wink:

I may be wrong, but I don't think there are any LSAT online courses that include one-on-one tutoring in the price range of $179 (3 months) - 749 (18 months). Plus, you can always ask questions on each page with #help and also you can post questions here on the Forum.

As @Kermit750 mentioned, 7Sage has a list of approved tutors:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1

[Admin note: Ultimate+ includes 12 months now]

3652 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:

@"surfy surf" said:

i feel you on this. it's funny cause i'm still going to take one PT a week just incase i do have to retake.

I commend you for that. I’ve just been studying 4 hrs per day for 2 days a week since the lsat. Haven’t taken another PT yet. I’m not sure how realistic a September retake would be at this point since it’s coming up so soon and I could only have a few weeks of additional PTs under my belt. I’m glad November’s an option.

• Omg!!! I can’t believe we are getting our scores this week. Ahh!!! Good luck everyone!

• iamathespian23iamathespian23 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Good luck with scores everyone! I've read that they often come out a couple of days ahead of the official score release date. Is that true?

403 karma

@iamathespian23 said:
    Good luck with scores everyone! I've read that they often come out a couple of days ahead of the official score release date. Is that true?

I've heard that they usually release scores early, but from what I understand LSAC is trying to be more punctual.

"A Note from LSAC’s President Regarding LSAT Score Releases

I know that waiting on your scores is difficult, and I am writing to assure you that we are making changes to permit quicker score releases, while also maintaining our commitment to accuracy and fairness. We will have additional information on specifics later this spring.

In the meanwhile, for the rest of 2018 we will set the release dates on the scores on an aggressive timeline to minimize your wait time, and stick to that schedule to minimize any anxiety about those release dates.

I want all candidates to know that we will always put students first and work hard to support your journey to law school and the legal profession. Our justice system needs your help, and we are hard at work developing more and better ways to support your pathways. Keep your passion for law and justice."

984 karma

@iamathespian23 they are most likely to be released in minutes after midnight on 10th just like with june lsat

• henryjameshenryjames Member
    18 karma

Did anyone else get an email from LSAC Writing today and immediately feel super sick thinking something was wrong with your exam...for it to just be about field-test participation?

• iamathespian23iamathespian23 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

@henryjames said:
    Did anyone else get an email from LSAC Writing today and immediately feel super sick thinking something was wrong with your exam...for it to just be about field-test participation?

Yup! I was so annoyed lol

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    edited August 2018 973 karma

LSAC has tweeted scores are coming out Friday, Aug 10, no earlier than 9am:

403 karma

@hawaiihi said:

#welistened

• @AngusMcGillis said:

@hawaiihi said:

#welistened

listened to who exactly??????????

984 karma

Exactly! Killoran complained and LSAC listened to the person who is NOT waiting on scores to be released

• Kyle....Kyle.... Alum Member
    134 karma

I would much rather they start releasing scores at midnight so that most folks can check them as soon as they wake up; now I'll be refreshing the browser all day at work tomorrow.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Good luck to you all!! I hope July is kinder than June was for us June takers! LOL

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

SCORES WILL COME OUT AFTER 9 so no one panic when I say this but I am gray.

984 karma

@ChaimtheGreat gray too

• Gray too

edited August 2018 2124 karma

I'm as nervous as y'all probably are, but remember that this score doesn't define you. Good luck!!