Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letting go of what does not serve me on this LSAT journey

GreatDay8GreatDay8 Alum Member
edited August 2018 in General 130 karma

I started studying for the LSAT in October 2017. It is currently August 2018. With the passing of ten months, I have realized that my goal of reaching law school is a marathon and not a sprint. Taking 3 weeks or 3 months to study may suit other learners but not me. And that is okay.

Sometimes I wonder if the support that my friends and family initially showed me in October has waned in strength; if the passing of time has caused them to question my abilities. This train of thought, however, does nothing to serve me. I recall that this journey belongs to me. I remind myself that this test requires the steadfast self-belief, patience, and effort that only I can draw from within myself.

Sometimes I get stressed at the thought of "sinking all of my eggs into one basket". That with each passing day, all of my efforts are geared towards something that is perhaps not guaranteed. I suddenly begin to visualize the bitter disappointment of not getting in and feel the ensuing burn of self-doubt. This train of thought, however, does nothing to serve me. I recall that the world owes me nothing. Acceptance into law school will not be served to me on a silver platter. I must be resilient and continue to work hard. There is no other option.

The November 2018 LSAT is 91 days away. I signed up for 7sage in March and have completed 65% of this course. Way back when, I scored a 147 on my first prep test. My current personal best is a159. I have learned an awful lot from 7sage yet there is still much room for growth.

To anyone who has doubts - keep learning and keep looking forward!

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2531 karma

This is awesome. I have seen the same from a lot of people in my life who don't fully understand my motivation. The test is something that you can beat and it definitely should not be an inhibiting factor for any future lawyer. It's great to hear that you have improved by 12 points! Keep up the good work. :)

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@GreatDay8 said:
    I started studying for the LSAT in October 2017. It is currently August 2018. With the passing of ten months, I have realized that my goal of reaching law school is a marathon and not a sprint. Taking 3 weeks or 3 months to study may suit other learners but not me. And that is okay.

Sometimes I wonder if the support that my friends and family initially showed me in October has waned in strength; if the passing of time has caused them to question my abilities. This train of thought, however, does nothing to serve me. I recall that this journey belongs to me. I remind myself that this test requires the steadfast self-belief, patience, and effort that only I can draw from within myself.

Sometimes I get stressed at the thought of "sinking all of my eggs into one basket". That with each passing day, all of my efforts are geared towards something that is perhaps not guaranteed. I suddenly begin to visualize the bitter disappointment of not getting in and feel the ensuing burn of self-doubt. This train of thought, however, does nothing to serve me. I recall that the world owes me nothing. Acceptance into law school will not be served to me on a silver platter. I must be resilient and continue to work hard. There is no other option.

The November 2018 LSAT is 91 days away. I signed up for 7sage in March and have completed 65% of this course. Way back when, I scored a 147 on my first prep test. My current personal best is a159. I have learned an awful lot from 7sage yet there is still much room for growth.

To anyone who has doubts - keep learning and keep looking forward!

Thank you. Sometimes I need to hear this over and over to tell myself that this is MY journey. I love how you said that acceptance to law school won't be served in a silver platter. Good luck to you and thank you for the reminder.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Love this!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

This train of thought, however, does nothing to serve me. I recall that this journey belongs to me. I remind myself that this test requires the steadfast self-belief, patience, and effort that only I can draw from within myself.

This train of thought, however, does nothing to serve me. I recall that the world owes me nothing. Acceptance into law school will not be served to me on a silver platter. I must be resilient and continue to work hard. There is no other option.

keep learning and keep looking forward!

Just wanted to highlight the brilliance here :) Wish you all the luck in your journey.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Love this!!