Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would the LSAT be a better test without LG games?

Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 346 karma

So I just wanted to start a survey regarding my thoughts on logic games. As we all know, although logic games can be really fun in the beginning they can certainly become very daunting and cumbersome under pressure and the stakes of an official exam. Who here would prefer to take LSAT with an extra LR or RC section instead? Who think he or she would score higher if LSAC were to take out the logic games section?

Would you prefer an LSAT with an extra RC or LR section instead of the LG section?
  1. Would you prefer an LSAT with an extra RC or LR section instead of the LG section?81 votes
    1. Yes
      32.10%
    2. No
      67.90%

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

I actually would love to have another LG section in lieu of the RC section.

• 1025 karma

@FixedDice I'm with you all the way.

• jwilkersjwilkers Alum Member
    89 karma

I agree ^^^, logic games over reading comp. all day!

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

Logic Games is my favorite section so I absolutely agree with @FixedDice . If I had a choice I would do anything but an RC section lol.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I feel like the best test would be like 4 LR sections of varying difficulties

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Nope. LG is the best. I think a lot of 7Sagers love the LG section after foolproofing all the games :lol:

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I think the votes you get will be based on people's strengths. I wonder what the test would be like if we had one of each section and then the fourth was random on each test instead of always being a set LR section.

• 615 karma

Not that I'm good with LG or anything, but I still like LG... It's fulfilling my desire to play online games... somewhat.

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@akistotle said:
    Nope. LG is the best. I think a lot of 7Sagers love the LG section after foolproofing all the games :lol:

Yes I agree! After 7Sage it was like... there's one section I know I have down. On the July test, that was the section I felt the best about :smiley:

• HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

Five LG sections for me, please.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I think they probably have to keep the same format because it's part of the scoring tradition.

• RC is my worst section. I actually love logic games haha. If I had to pick I would definitely pick an extra LR section. Or perhaps two lg sections and two lr sections. That would be the dream :).

There are SO MANY different ways that the LSAT could be improved in my opinion. Stating the obvious.

• Will DearbornWill Dearborn Alum Member
    218 karma

There should be five LG sections with the writing sample replaced by make your own LG game. And if they like the LG game you made, they will use it on future LSATs and give you bonus points :) :) :)

• @Patroclus said:
    There should be five LG sections with the writing sample replaced by make your own LG game. And if they like the LG game you made, they will use it on future LSATs and give you bonus points :) :) :)

Yeah, that would be amazing.

Did you guys hear that LSAC is thinking about changing the writing section so that you could take the writing section possibly at your own home on a computer? I mean of all the ways to change the LSAT they want to tackle the writing section first?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I initially voted yes take out LG but as I am foolproofing, the games really do get better to understand. I think after I've mastered it, I'd definitely say a full LG test would probably be easier.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:

@Patroclus said:

Yeah, that would be amazing.

Did you guys hear that LSAC is thinking about changing the writing section so that you could take the writing section possibly at your own home on a computer? I mean of all the ways to change the LSAT they want to tackle the writing section first?

Ugh, I know. I like that the writing sample is done day-of, since everyone knows you're exhausted and it's not your best work. Doing it at home in advance means that I'll have to actually write something good! Hahaha. I mean, aren't your personal statement and other essays enough of a "writing sample" for the schools? Come on!

• I know!!!!!! Dang it, I didn't even think of that. What if they put more of an emphasis on your writing sample now? :neutral: