Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternate Test for Accommodations?

alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
in General 715 karma

Hello, this is for anyone who knows about accommodated testing. I am scheduled to take the test in September and I just found out that my test is on September 11 instead of the 8th. I spoke with the test center supervisor and she said they have to spread out the tests for different accommodations which is understandable. My question is will I be taking a different test than everyone else? I asked the supervisor and she said she doesn't know any details about the test. I thought about contacting LSAC but it's really not that big of a deal, I am just curious. I didn't anticipate taking it on a different day so I just want to know if I should also expect to take an alternative test. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

It kinda depends on LSAC's mood tbh lol. Dec '17 to June '18 accommodated test takers apparently took same test even though it was days apart, but July '18 test takers had a different exam.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Yeah I'm not too sure if it's common for accommodated test takers to take an alternative exam, but I heard those who took it in July had a different one

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I guess that happens if there are more accommodated test takers than there are rooms for those who need accommodations. As of now, I'm still scheduled for September 8th. I would bet pretty much everything I own (not my cats) that you will be taking a different test. I'm guessing that you will be taking a non-disclosed test.

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@eRetaker said:
    It kinda depends on LSAC's mood tbh lol. Dec '17 to June '18 accommodated test takers apparently took same test even though it was days apart, but July '18 test takers had a different exam.

Haha their mood. I can definitely see that being the case. I know they have had a lot of changes lately so I am curious to see what will happen.

715 karma

@Kermit750 said:
    Yeah I'm not too sure if it's common for accommodated test takers to take an alternative exam, but I heard those who took it in July had a different one

Yea I really didn’t think about it being a different test or even on a different day but I guess anything could happen.

715 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    I guess that happens if there are more accommodated test takers than there are rooms for those who need accommodations. As of now, I'm still scheduled for September 8th. I would bet pretty much everything I own (not my cats) that you will be taking a different test. I'm guessing that you will be taking a non-disclosed test.

Yes that’s definitely possible. The supervisor did say that because I had an extra 10 min break that I would most likely be in a room by myself. That’s not something I expected at all but it makes more sense why they would need to spread out the accommodated tests. I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m taking the test in a big city so I didn’t really consider them having a lot of takers but anything is possible.

Hahaha yea don’t bet your cats. I couldn’t do that to my dogs either no matter how crazy they drive me most days.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

That's exactly why I'm getting a private room. It would be too crazy to have different exam timelines in the same room!