Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to End Up in Michigan: Where to Apply?

25Seamus25Seamus Member
edited August 2018 in Law School Admissions 93 karma

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If you can get that LSAT score up to a 169-170 (which, based on your 165, seems totally doable) you'd have an incredible shot at UofM. Your list looks pretty good. You can also look up where most grads of schools end up, so that might help you if you really want to add more schools. Have you considered WUSTL?

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

Schools in Michigan

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

University of Chicago, maybe?

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Your best bet is to score above a 168 in November. This will make you a pretty clear admit for Michigan. If you want to practice in Michigan this is the best school hands down. With a 165 you are going to be considered, given your GPA, but they will probably wait-list you as this is going to be a front-loaded cycle. Schools like Notre Dame and Vandy will probably accept you but there's no guarantee of a scholarship from either of those schools. If you scored in the higher ranges of the 160's you'd have a great shot at scholarships from lower tier T14 including Michigan.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Obviously U of Michigan is the best option. Ideally you could work on your LSAT until scoring high enough to make it less of a stretch. WUSTL would likely also be a good choice and is a great school. What about Minnesota?

• 25Seamus25Seamus Member
    93 karma

@MissChanandler thank you for responding! I have not- I certainly will! I will check out their alumni on LinkedIn and see how many are in Michigan!

@Tom_Tango Indeed! Thanks for responding!

@lsatplaylist if I can get my LSAT up even just 3 points in Nov, I will totally apply! Thanks for responding!

@Ohnoeshalpme thanks again for responding and the great advice! I will definitely be studying for those 3-4 points until Nov test day!

@"Leah M B" Thanks for responding! I will certainly keep working on studying before the Nov test! I haven't, I will check them out. Thank you!

5249 karma

Your UGPA is excellent, by the way, and your 165+ score is a very good placeholder while you get ready for another try. Don't give up. Also, if you're comfortable mentioning this, what was your college major?

edited August 2018 93 karma

5249 karma

That's a good field of study for a future lawyer.

edited August 2018 93 karma