Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I’m struggling with logic games. - 7Sage Forum

I’m struggling with logic games.

Hey guys,

I began doing logic games last week and I’m kind of stuck. On average it takes me 12-15 minutes to finish a game and sometimes I can’t even finish a game.

Not only that, I’ll reprint the games and redo them but only to reinforce the skills learned.
But I feel stuck.

I’m not exactly sure if I should restart the section and start from the beginning. I got up to sequencing games with a twist problem set 4. But even still I feel very uncomfortable moving on.

I’m kind of stuck because I don’t know how to progress through the section. I don’t wan to move too slow and I don’t want to speed through it.

How should I move forward from here?

Thanks

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2124 karma

It seems like your fundamentals are not solid yet. Since you began doing logic games last week, it's not beneficial to worry about timing. Tackling logic games is a new skill you're trying to learn and should be practiced slowly, so when you move to including time you would have mastered the most effective and efficient ways to tackle a game. I would advice you to restart the section, and take as long as you need to understand. When you get to a comfortable place, do the problems on your own (regardless of how long it takes, as long as you're making the right inferences) before you watch the explanations, so you can gauge what you need to improve. For some, logic games might take a while to grasp, but just keep at it. Hope this helps.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    850 karma

I couldn't agree more with @Kermit750! I think drilling conditional logic/ going over the rules until it becomes intuitive helps a lot as well.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Definitely agree with the above! People spend months solidifying and really understanding logic games so I'd try not to get too discouraged after only a week or two. You'll get there!

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2804 karma

To reiterate what everyone else has said, stick with it!! I emphasize this because I always took LG success for granted when first learning it. It is touted as the most "learnable" section and widely perfected by most top scorers. However, it is not an easy path to success. It takes a ton of practice and struggle. Try to maintain a healthy ego and embrace the opportunity to learn and get better each game you do. I promise it is the best feeling in the world once you start to see improvement.

• Thanks guys!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

If you are still working your way through the cc, then I wouldn't try to finish all the problem sets just yet. Do maybe 1 or 2 sets just so you familiarize yourself with it, and then move on to the next section. You can work on really drilling and understanding them after you finish the cc. It's very possible that will be a section that you just have to come back to in order to get a good grasp on the games. They are definitely learnable, but 1 week is hardly any time! Don't beat yourself up over it. It can take months to really get where you want to be. This test is tough, give yourself some room to not be good at it right out of the gate.

• ajstephens93ajstephens93 Alum Member
    116 karma

Keep practicing! Take your time with the fundamentals of LG and work through all wrong answers. The great thing about LG is that the wrong and right answers are clearly black and white once you grasp the rules. When you don't finish a game, I would suggest that you read slowly and carefully through the rules to make sure you are not missing anything. Try and see if you can connect rules to one another. I am pretty good at Logic Games, but not very good with LR. I would be willing to help you if you want!