Hey all - I am alive! And, I’m going to law school :)

Comments

• PearlyGoGoPearlyGoGo Alum Member
    171 karma

oh wow this is awesome!!!!! Congratulations ~~
    I love reading your posts a lot cuz it is always inspiring!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

AHHHHHHH omg!! I’m SO HAPPY FOR YOU! And so dang proud of you!!! For not giving up, believing that you could achieve it, and LOOK AT YOU NOW! T14, baby!! Congratulations!!!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/vmtxnxveVUodG/giphy.gif

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Way to go, Man! I just returned back to the forum after a couple weeks off, and it was pure joy to read this post.

• Positive-1Positive-1 Live Member
    984 karma

Harwork pays off. Congrats & All the best for law school.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Did you seriously just individually thank everyone who commented??? I don't think NW deserves you lol

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Maybe the blog could interview you?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@PearlyGoGo thank you so much! I am glad I could be of help :)

@"Leah M B" dude...YOU ARE AWESOME thank you so much for all your support and help through this whole process!

@"paulmv.benthem" Thank you! Glad you took a break, everyone needs one!

@Sprinkles lol I tired to get everyone, I hope I didn't miss anyone? This is HUGE for me and you guys made me cry a little....lol

13286 karma

@lsatplaylist haha I'd be okay with that - but I might need a couple weeks as my life is pure chaos right now!

• jakeplummerjakeplummer Member
    77 karma

I am so happy to hear this! Northwestern will be amazing.

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Wow, this was a huge response. I’m not crying, you guys are.

@keets993 I hope everything is going well in your Br calls and in your studying! Don’t give up.

@AshleighK I’m glad to have helped. I used to post motivational stuff allllll the time. Dig through my post history if you ever need encouragement!

@btownsquee glad to help :) it may seem like a lot sometimes, but I promise you can get past it.

@NotMyName thank you!

@thisissparta you’re next right? 100% you got this!

@"Habeas Porpoise" thank you!!

@Kermit750 thank you! Don’t give up, you absolutely got this too! (UCI is such a good school)

@ElleWoods77 I know! I have seen you around. I am also 100% positive you will meet and exceed your goals. Keep your head up!

@brizzle525 hey! Look through my post history. If you ever need more encouragement I have a ton of posts just for motivation!

@"David.Busis" good lord. I can’t even express what your team has done for me. I’m not going to even try in this post. It deserves it’s own separate post to do it justice. Thank you.

@eRetaker thank you! (I had 3 retakes before my 171) keep pushing through!

@akistotle you. Yeah you, meme queen. Thank you for EVERYTHING you have done for me and 7Sage.

@"Testing..." thank you so much!

@Alex dude. You’ll be in Columba or better. Remember me when you are flying with the stars my man. Thank you so much for everything.

@25Seamus thank you so much. Good luck!

@LSAT_Wrecker I don’t plan on abandoning you guys! I just needed some time to refocus :) I’ll be around.

@"Beast Mode" thank you!!

@MarClaAve thank you so much!!

@BinghamtonDave my man. Thank you for the kind words and everything you have done and continue to do for this community. You are an asset!

@Sprinkles thank you!! Keep being awesome and your success is ensured!

@JustDoIt wait? Don’t you go to HARVARD. :) you did it better than I could ever do!

@Ohnoeshalpme this forum is a great place,it’s the entire community not just me! Good luck and keep on keeping on!

@FlashLSAT no problem! I try my best even when I’m my busiest! Keep motivated!

@unicornia thank you so much! It is deff stressful but it’s the best kind!

@LCMama2017 :) hey! I didn’t forget about you! You absolutely can do the same. Keep your motivation high and your head higher. Your work will pay off I promise!!

@OverRatedUnderAchiever I could never leave if forget you guys. This place is like family lol I gotcha! Keep your head up!

@Nov2018Taker every obstacle I had I created, it was a comeback against myself! I did it though

@akeegs92 you got this too!! Thank you!

@lsatplaylist any time :)

@tringo335 hey hey hey! How’s the parent life?! How’s the studying?! You’ll crush it. Head up and march forward!!

@ChaimtheGreat thank you!!

@mjmonte17 it’s possible for anyone!! Hard work and motivation :)

Thank you so much the encouragement, it is always welcome. Have an amazing time in law school. I am sure your peers will appreciate you as much as the 7sage community does :).

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@LSATcantwin Also I'm thinking of EDing to NU this year... maybe we'll end up at the same place! :)

• vivianudoh53vivianudoh53 Alum Member
    23 karma

Congratulations! Wish you all the best of luck and success.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@LSATcantwin BR calls are going good (haven't heard any complaints otherwise)! They're so lucky to have you over there! You're gonna kill it and give us some great 1L advice when you have a minute to breathe ;)

13286 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    @LSATcantwin Also I'm thinking of EDing to NU this year... maybe we'll end up at the same place! :)

Yay! I’ve heard nothing but good things about NU. Plus, as an officially accepted student, I have to say they are the best now. Haha

ED at NU is pretty cool too because of the $$$

• alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
    290 karma

OMG this is amazing!! Congrats!! I've been following your story since I joined 7sage and so happy for you!

• vrendonvasquezvrendonvasquez Alum Member
    276 karma

@LSATcantwin , I have read some of your threads. Congratulations! You deserve it. :)

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Thank you there are soooo many naysayers out there , I wish you all the best

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@LSATcantwin my friend. It’s not about that. You made it through and that’s all that matters. I’m proud of you for that!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited August 2018 9372 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    @LSATcantwin my friend. It’s not about that. You made it through and that’s all that matters. I’m proud of you for that!

This is why I love 7Sage! So beautiful :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

• LSATSurvivorLSATSurvivor Alum Member
    228 karma

dude you are a legend! I will always remember your journey while I prepare LSAT.

• LSATSurvivorLSATSurvivor Alum Member
    228 karma

so happy for you!

• DukeTeaOreoDukeTeaOreo Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@LSATcantwin I see a few last minute admits to NU on Reddit. If you are paying sticker, I think you should reconsider man. You can get $150k by applying ED next cycle.

13286 karma

@DukeTeaOreo said:
    @LSATcantwin I see a few last minute admits to NU on Reddit. If you are paying sticker, I think you should reconsider man. You can get $150k by applying ED next cycle.

Post 9/11 GI Bill.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Hey, congrats. Been following your progress for a year, and can't think of a more deserving person.
    What a turn of events. Acceptance days before the start of the school year. Any tips on those short tricky NWSL interview questions?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@LSATcantwin I've certainly had better study days the pregnancy and future mommy duties are def taking over but I'm sure I'll win in the end :) I'm so happy for you and this next journey! You have to come back and keep us updated!

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

fantastic congratulations! did you write a letter of continued interest while on the waitlist? and did either of your jobs have to do with the legal field?

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Oh my gosh dude, I just logged on to 7Sage for the first time in forever and saw this.

CONGRATU-FRIGGN-LATIONS!!! I'm so crazy happy for you. You deserve this so much dude. After all you've gone through this cycle, I'm glad your story has a happy ending!

13286 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Oh my gosh dude, I just logged on to 7Sage for the first time in forever and saw this.

CONGRATU-FRIGGN-LATIONS!!! I'm so crazy happy for you. You deserve this so much dude. After all you've gone through this cycle, I'm glad your story has a happy ending!

Thank you Mr. President. How’s Harvard? Haha

• aod40050aod40050 Alum Member
    30 karma

Congrats!!! So proud of you. You're going to kill it!

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Ah man—this is awesome news!!! Big ups and good luck!!! Enjoy Law in the the loop!!!

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

Congratulations!!! Your words really motivate me. I am so happy for you! I just doubt if I should give up as I took four times LSAT and my scores were low. Also I just lost my job this Tuesday but I didn't make any mistake at my job and have to find another job to support myself as only me living in USA. English is not my mother language. I have a low GPA too.You have been working 70hours but you achieved 171 score! It's amazing! Going to good law school is my dream thus I should get good LSAT like you then I go to a good law school and then pass the bar. Your story really motivates me! Thank you for sharing! Best of luck for everything!

• jennie j.jennie j. Alum Member
    14 karma

Congrats! Wow i didn't know that schools could still have spots on waitlists opening up late august. Must always be hopeful!

• pradoyogapradoyoga Free Trial Member
    4 karma

Have a question, youve been out of school for a while ? Nice score by the way.

@LSATcantwin said:

@sagarschool15 said:
    Mind sharing stats in private message? When'd you apply?

I’m an open book about it:

171 LSAT
    2.83 cGPA
    Military vet/10 years work experience

I applied mid-January

• CoffeeBeansCoffeeBeans Member
    81 karma

so happy for you!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited August 2018 9372 karma

Hey guys, you can listen to his whole story here:

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    edited August 2018 839 karma

Awesome, thank you @JY, @akistotle and @LSATcantwin!!

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

My man! Congrats, brother!

13286 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    My man! Congrats, brother!

Freddy! How are you dude?! Killing it as per usual?

• DanielB84DanielB84 Alum Member
    95 karma

Honestly, this is one of the most inspiring things I have heard since my return to school. Amazing story and an amazing individual from what I can see. Congrats and Good luck! You give me hope my man!

13286 karma

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys, you can listen to his whole story here:

No one wants to listen to me talk mindlessly for that long! Where the key points and take aways. Ain’t nobody got time for that :)

• 1025 karma

Congrats, man!! I wish nothing but the best for you.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

I know I'm late to the party on this--things've been crazy--but really, really happy to see this one pop up. I always thought Nwestern would actually be a really great fit for you Glen, and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. You're going to get up there and crush it, and they're going to be like, "we initially WL'd this guy, what's wrong with us?" Hope you're getting settled in up there and feeling ready to roll. Stay in touch!

13286 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I know I'm late to the party on this--things've been crazy--but really, really happy to see this one pop up. I always thought Nwestern would actually be a really great fit for you Glen, and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. You're going to get up there and crush it, and they're going to be like, "we initially WL'd this guy, what's wrong with us?" Hope you're getting settled in up there and feeling ready to roll. Stay in touch!

Yoooooo dude you’re partially responsible for getting me to where I am at. I’m typing this out after my first day of law school in Chicago in front of my future apartment. Thank you so much for all your advice, and help, and encouragement along the way. I hope everything is going smoothly for you!

• Goku-sanGoku-san Alum Member
    44 karma

Truly inspirational. Congratulations.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I’m so happy for you @LSATcantwin !

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

I have been following your journey @LSATcantwin and my oh my, the AWESOMENESS that has transpired in this season of your life is awe inspiring! Patience and Perseverance Wins...I love it! Be blessed as you embark on this law school path. Congratulations!!! Onward and upward Sir!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

I remember last year when you were studying. So happy for you. I'm back to climbing the mountain yet again. Thinking of you. Congrats!

• bernardita.agyekumbernardita.agyekum Core Member
    64 karma

Thank you, for sharing. I needed this!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Proud of you and looking forward to hearing about your 1L experience when you have time.

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

Great job! Mind if I ask why you think you were rejected with such a high LSAT score + 10 years of experience. Does your cGPA matter that much?