Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Underconfidence Errors?

MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage

I find that I often circle the correct answer and then erase it and switch to an incorrect error. On my last PT this cost me about three points. Also, if I go back to my circled questions when I still have time remaining in the section, when I change my answers I often change them from the correct answer to an incorrect one. Has anyone had any experience with this/have any ideas to solve it? I think that sometimes I don't really understand why the right answer is right but I can "tell" that it's right, but not knowing for sure makes me hesitate. This is specifically with LR, not really in the other sections.

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Sounds like your logical intuition is kicking into gear so sometimes your gut answer choice is correct. But if your fundamentals aren't strong enough then you can't tell why the answer choice you think is right is correct and that's when you start second guessing. Best thing you can do is go over any lessons on the LR fundamentals you haven't mastered.

• AlexRexegerAlexRexeger Alum Member
    178 karma

I do that too and depending on your score I don’t necessarily think your issue is the fundamentals. On my last pt I went back at least three or four times and switched my right answers to wrong answers. I think I tend to panic when I have time left for a test and I run to questions I’ve circled trying to go over each and every one of them. Since I don’t dedicate enough time to really looking at them and I’m dividing my limited amount of time between a bunch of questions, I just choose a different one out of panic. Not sure if this is how it is for you too, but I think I need to just take a breathe and get to what I can get to and just dedicate as much time is needed to a question rather than rush over it. I feel like anxiety just really plays a big role here.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

My last two PT scores were 174 (BR of 178) and 173 (BR of 174). I feel like my fundamentals are strong but on those very hardest questions (the ones where I switch my answers) I'll just be torn between two answers and then doubt my original answer/thought process.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Yes, it's almost certainly something else besides fundamentals, then. Maybe sticky notes by these questions when you BR could help? Also, great work making it to this super-high range!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Sticky notes are a good idea, and thank you @lsatplaylist !