Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Coursework and time dedicated.

142990sw142990sw Free Trial Member
edited August 2018 in General 6 karma

So, I have some time from when I am interested in taking the LSAT and when I'd like to start studying, which is roughly 08/27/18 - 01/21/18. However, I do wish to purchase the Ultimate+ packet as I would like to give myself all the resources as possible, my only concern is that in the schedule builder it suggests 36-48 hours a week. This is more difficult to plan around especially when taking classes. What is the general suggestion when doing this course load in terms of time and content. I have taken the LSAT twice now and frankly am not here to waste my time, but I also do not want to be overworked to a point where I get too burnt out too early. Any help is greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing back from y’all. Thanks!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I'm a little confused. Are you wanting to take the LSAT in 2021?

• 142990sw142990sw Free Trial Member
    6 karma

MissChanandler - sorry for the confusion I meant 08/27/18 - 01/21/19

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Gotcha! I think the CC took me a couple months to get through, I did a 2-3 hours a day on weekdays. I think a good amount to study every week is 10-20 hours. The schedule builder is helpful but you won't do every practice set for every problem type (at least while you go through the core curriculum) which will shave off a ton of hours. I think the amount of time that you'll have to spend depends on 1) how quickly you are able to grasp the material and 2) how many points you're looking to improve.

• 142990sw142990sw Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Thank you for your input, it does depend on multiple variables and I appreciate the time you took to help me out!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

The time calculator isn't really all that accurate, depending on your circumstances. I believe it includes all of the problem sets and all of the practice tests. As noted above, you won't need to do all the problem sets while doing the curriculum. You also don't necessarily go through every single prep test. It took me I think around 3 months to get through the curriculum while working full time. On average, that was around 15 hours per week. I'd do around 2 hours per weekday evening and 4 hours per weekend day. It could be done faster than that, but that was the pace I was comfortable with without burning out.