Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last week before September LSAT?

MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage

Hi everyone!

I'm getting excited (gotta stay positive!) for next Saturday and I'm mapping out my plans for this coming week. I'm going to take a PT in the 80s tomorrow, BR it on Sunday, and then spend maybe an hour or so each day until Friday (which I'll take off) drilling weaknesses. What's your week looking like?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Almost forgot: gotta watch Legally Blonde!

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

Taking a 5 section PT tomorrow and reviewing it. (2 reading comp sections since that's my weakness). Lounge on the couch and enjoy college football season being back the rest of the day.
    Sunday: have been my off days since I started studying. Going to the LSU v. Miami game in Dallas. (I'm a huge football nerd if you haven't caught on yet)
    Monday: Finish reviewing PT from Saturday. Do my 3rd attempt on the LG section of that test (I incorporated the Pacifico Fool Proof method in to my PT reviews)
    Tuesday-Thursday: will all be light studying, drilling weaknesses in LR... going through some older RC passages and practicing active reading. Really just trying to simplify my strategy.
    Day before the test i'm going to go for a long run at sunrise, eat a good breakfast, watch some sort of inspirational movie and have a nice dinner.
    I've been flirting with burnout with how much i've been doing the last two weeks, so i'm really looking forward to turning it down a notch and enjoying myself the week before the test.

Good luck to you!

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

Sounds good! I’m reviewing my latest PT and plan to rewatch some LR videos from the CC and drill questions. The free Khan Academy videos on LR have been super helpful too. About 2 (+) hrs of study a day is a sweet spot for me. Good to have defrag time to process everything so I’ll be watching plenty of movies, voraciously reading and going on long walks. Wish y’all the best!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

So glad to hear all of you are taking it light the week before! And particularly the day before. I really think it is so, so helpful. I took the day off work before my first LSAT and treated myself to my favorite breakfast spot, some light reading, a fun movie (Thor Ragnarok), a hearty dinner and early bed time. It was perfect and I think helped me feel really rested for test day.

Now rest up and GO CRUSH IT YOU GUYS!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

That's my plan also. Take it easy, don't stress the destination, and enjoy the journey, everyone.
    Also, I've started sleeping at 9pm and waking at 6am everyday to get me into the right physical condition.

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

For people who've previously written the test, do you (highly) recommend taking Friday completely off? Or, think light studying (drilling weaknesses, for exp.) is fine?

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited September 2018 4850 karma

@Nabintou said:
    For people who've previously written the test, do you (highly) recommend taking Friday completely off? Or, think light studying (drilling weaknesses, for exp.) is fine?

I've sat twice and under-performed my running, last-5 PT average by a fair margin (-3 and -5). Both times I studied right up to and including Friday. This go around, I'm backing waaaaaay off the week prior and not doing anything LSAT related on Friday. I'm loading up on mind candy movies (Marvel + Sci-fi) for Friday. I have no idea if it will help, but I know that doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different outcome tends to mean something... :smile:

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@Nabintou I highly recommend taking it off. Honestly, you're not going to improve your skills much. And 1 day off won't make you forget anything. I think it's best to just relax, get refreshed, go to bed early. That's it. Do things that put you in a good mood. The morning of the test you can do a few light warm ups to get your brain working. But I highly recommend not touching it the day before the test. I even think you should back off most of the week. Light work only, don't push yourself.

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

@Nabintou said:

It's almost like training for a marathon, you wouldn't run 20+ miles the day before the race. You'd take it easy leading up to the big day. I think the analogy applies to studying. We all know that LSAT study is like a marathon, not a sprint! The day before the July test, I just did very light studying (like 1 hr reviewing concepts) -- nothing over the top.

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

super helpful, thanks everyone! good luck to all those writing in a few days, you got it!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Good luck everyone, this all sounds awesome!