Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burnout one week before LSAT advice? :(

arnisya97arnisya97 Alum Member

Hope everyone is doing very well. Just wanted to ask if anyone has some advice for my situation.

Up until last week I was averaging between 169-171 on PTs, which is exactly the range I was hoping for.
However, I got a 168 and and 166 on the last two PTs I took.
I think this is "burnout" because most of the mistakes I am making are just careless, and my pacing is a bit more off than usual too.

My plan is to take the next few days completely off (save for maybe some light reading of the LR Powerscore Bible and maybe a couple of logic games), take PT84 on Wednesday, and pray for a good performance on Saturday.

Please let me know your thoughts/advice/if you have experiences something similar.

Thank you, take care y'all!

Comments

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

I'm the same way man...I'm missing more on LRs and even on LGs (my best section).

I might just stop, take a break and do PT84 on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I know it really stinks to see your score go down even a little, but the 168 is barely outside of your average and the 166 isn’t shockingly low or anything. I think you probably do just need a bit of rest. Maybe don’t even take one on Wednesday because that’s pretty close to the test. Definitely take Friday off even if you don’t PT at all this week. I think you have a pretty good plan! I would put most of my focus this week on going over those last two tests and learning from the mistakes

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Do nothing. Seriously. You've learned all you can, and not burning out on test day should probably be your priority right now. You got this.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Rest up like everyone is saying

• OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    edited September 2018 634 karma

I usually take a few days off off when I get that way, and do an LG section 1-2 days before my next PT (or test) to warm my brain back up so I'm not totally cold.

Reading chapters in the powerscore LR bible has also been a good active recovery for me, so +1 there.

I find that burn out/mental fatigue happens much less on games. Probably the most on RC.

May be worth asking yourself if the marginal amount you learn as far as strategies from PT 84 are worth that amount of additional fatigue 3 days before game day. If you're BRing it that would make it more costly too. If you're already in the high 160s/low 170s there's less room for improvement as far as strategies and content mastery, and more you have to optimize as far as preparedness/state of mind on test day. Something to consider.

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

First of all you gotta relax and remember not all PT’s are made equally and that there a variety of factors that could have been attributed to your lower scores. How much sleep did you get in between each pt? Did you work before taking a pt? Have you been eating? Also, a lot of people I feel hype up their pt’s too much. It can be really difficult to curb your enthusiasm so as to stay humble enough to objectively review your pt’s and keep progressing. I remember my friend who got a 179 was finishing up reviewing a pt with me and I was like hey look “only 3 questions wrong on this LR section.” She just frown and was like “okay that’s one time but we need to move on to going over another set of questions.”