Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT strategy for last weekend before LSAT?

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
in General 737 karma

Hey everyone,

I work full-time, so my plan was to take 2 PT’s this Sunday and Monday.

My question is would it be best to just take 1 PT on Monday or go back to back PT’s Sunday and Monday? I know it may be unwise to take another PT without completing BR, but the only reason id do this is because I wouldn’t have time to take another PT during the week since I work.

My goal is a 155 on game day .

Last 5 PT’s: 150, 151, 153, 156, 152

PT Strategy
  1. Best PT strategy weekend before Sept LSAT?13 votes
    1. PT Sunday & Monday
        0.00%
    2. Review/drill sections Saturday/Sunday, PT Monday?
      100.00%

Comments

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I really stress going light on Pting. Maybe do one more Pt and don't grade it- just to get confidence up. Do easy sections or redo sections you did well on. The point of the pre-test week is to gain confidence- not learn new things on the LSAT.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

@ChaimtheGreat very true. Just a bit concerned since I dipped on my most recent test from 156-152, but I did unusually bad on RC. Thank you very much again, I appreciate your response :)

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1694 karma

One PT is more than enough. If you're doing it properly, doing BR, and analyzing each wrong question, and understanding your biggest weaknesses, then, unless you're PT scores are above 170 consistently, a PT should take you at least a week to complete.

I honestly wouldn't think too hard about it, though. Whatever you're doing in the last week, probably won't have a significant impact on your score anyway.

737 karma

@Bamboosprout said:
    One PT is more than enough. If you're doing it properly, doing BR, and analyzing each wrong question, and understanding your biggest weaknesses, then, unless you're PT scores are above 170 consistently, a PT should take you at least a week to complete.

I honestly wouldn't think too hard about it, though. Whatever you're doing in the last week, probably won't have a significant impact on your score anyway.

You're right, I have been rushing BR for these last 2 PT's since the exam is nearing, but I've slowed it down and seen the benefits.. Thank you!

• You and I are in the same boat with working and rough score goals. Honestly, if you are PTing consistently in that range, there are things that you can likely improve on by analyzing questions thoroughly in blind review. I took (2) PTs yesterday and have no intention on taking another test until game day. Today (Tuesday), tomorrow and Thursday will be purely dedicated to blind review and light drilling of games and maybe RC. Friday will be dedicated to fishing.

737 karma

@"Freddie Mercurys Mustache" said:
    You and I are in the same boat with working and rough score goals. Honestly, if you are PTing consistently in that range, there are things that you can likely improve on by analyzing questions thoroughly in blind review. I took (2) PTs yesterday and have no intention on taking another test until game day. Today (Tuesday), tomorrow and Thursday will be purely dedicated to blind review and light drilling of games and maybe RC. Friday will be dedicated to fishing.

Best of luck man... I've just been drilling questions and doing random questions/games from PT's 62-71. I think the other posts were right, I don't want to ruin my confidence.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

At this point it is about confidence. Please limit PTs and if you have to take them- don't grade them. I would suggest doing easy sections to stay sharp instead.