Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I have to wear my watch during Saturday's test?

lsat_novicelsat_novice Member
in General 18 karma

I've been practicing with a watch so I can track my time. I don't wear the watch---instead, I lay it on my desktop. Am I allowed to do that on test day? In other words, can I just keep it on my desk and not wear it? Or do I have to actually wear the watch since we're only allowed to have pencil, pencil sharpener, eraser, and highlighter on our desk?

Comments

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

i also like to keep it on my table! i prefer that to watching it :) not sure about the answer though

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Read the "permitted on desktop" section of your admission ticket. Watches are allowed to be on the desk.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I kept mine on the desk.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I kept mine on the desk and it was fine.

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

keeping it on the desk

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

My watch doesn't lay well on a desktop, but have heard from many others that they put it on the desk and it's no problem.

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    edited September 2018 285 karma

For the July test, I saw that a lot of people had the watch propped up in front of them. I thought that was a pretty novel idea so I started doing it for PTs and it has dramatically helped. Who knew something so simple could be so helpful? Gone are the days of me glancing down at my wrist while wasting away the seconds...

• lsat_novicelsat_novice Member
    18 karma

Thanks so much everyone!

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

We are allowed to bring in 2 or 3 watches, right??????

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

@PearsonSpecterLittUp said:

lol

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Yes, it's generally allowed, but it depends on your proctor.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited September 2018 3652 karma

I brought 3. Left 1 in my plastic bag and wore 2 under my sweater. When I went inside I put all 3 on my desk. The proctor made me remove them and only let me keep 1 watch on my desk. They were also taking away people’s chocolate and groping my keychain. I had shitty strict proctors.

9372 karma

@Tom_Tango said:

lol

Hey @Tom_Tango,

I know you are not trying to be mean or anything, but this is 7Sage's #1 forum rule:

1. Be nice. Behind the screen is a person reading what you write to them.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15/forum-rules

You often respond using just a few words ("Just lie." "it doesn't matter." "no"). Of course, it all depends on the context (Sometimes people posts GIFs only and that's okay). But I think saying something like "lol" to someone who posted a question (and doesn't seem to be joking) isn't very nice.

I know you didn't mean it, but it looks as if you don't care. I know it's very subjective, but 7Sage is a supportive, caring community for LSAT students, and I'd appreciate if you think that there is a person reading what you write to them :smile:

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

@akistotle said:

@"surfy surf" said:

I brought 3. Left 1 in my plastic bag and wore 2 under my sweater. When I went inside I put all 3 on my desk. The proctor made me remove them and only let me keep 1 watch on my desk. They were also taking away people’s chocolate and groping my keychain. I had shitty strict proctors.

So what do you guys think I should do then?

I have 3 watches. I've been using all 3 on my PTs...should I bring them or just bring one?

...kinda freaking out right now LOL

1755 karma

when you put a watch on the table, does it have to be facing up? i like to keep my watch facing down, and then to only turn it up and only look at it when i hit Questions 10, 15, 25.

otherwise, it's tempting/a waste of time to look at the watch constantly.

@mynameisjeff said:

@akistotle said:

@"surfy surf" said:

I have 3 watches. I've been using all 3 on my PTs...should I bring them or just bring one?

No reason to freak out. Just bring all of them and know that you may be told to only have one watch on your desk. I think chill proctors are more likely than non-chill proctors.
    Honestly anything you think has a small chance of being thrown away before the test just wear under your sleeve or put it in your pocket or whatever.
    I put my chocolate bar in my sweater pocket when they searched our bags and then switched it back into my bag after lol i have low blood sugar and didn’t wanna argue w a proctor before the test. Not condoning doing ~illegal~ things but some of that is just proctors making up arbitrary rules and being on a power trip.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

@mynameisjeff said:

@akistotle said:

@"surfy surf" said:

No reason to freak out. Just bring all of them and know that you may be told to only have one watch on your desk. I think chill proctors are more likely than non-chill proctors.
    Honestly anything you think has a small chance of being thrown away before the test just wear under your sleeve or put it in your pocket or whatever.
    I put my chocolate bar in my sweater pocket when they searched our bags and then switched it back into my bag after lol i have low blood sugar and didn’t wanna argue w a proctor before the test. Not condoning doing ~illegal~ things but some of that is just proctors making up arbitrary rules and being on a power trip.

What is up with the chocolate confiscation?? I've never heard of such a thing. To my knowledge, the only rule is the snack has to fit in your bag and the bag stays under the table. And no glass/metal containers. But what the heck? Why did they take chocolate?

3652 karma

@"Leah M B" idk someone in front of me wasn’t allowed in with their chocolate and they just ate the whole thing in line. It was one of those that’s aluminum wrapped and then has a sleeve over it. idk if they were only allowing one snack or if they had a problem with her packaging.
    I also hid my plastic fork in my pocket lol I was so paranoid those proctors were gonna try to make me eat my salad with my hands.

9372 karma

@username_hello said:
    when you put a watch on the table, does it have to be facing up? i like to keep my watch facing down, and then to only turn it up and only look at it when i hit Questions 10, 15, 25.

No, I think it doesn’t have to be facing up. It’s up to you!

9372 karma

@mynameisjeff said:

@akistotle said:

@"surfy surf" said:

I had 2 watches on the desk on the test day, and it was fine. But we’ve had mixed reports on getting it past the proctors.

The rule is ambiguous and it does say “an analog (nondigital) wristwatch” (singular) so proctors might remove it based on that rule.

1755 karma

@akistotle

o gotcha thanks! how do they know what you're wearing is an analog watch? do they check your watch when you first enter the room?

with a watch facing down the desk, i'm not sure how they'll see whether it's analog or not.

@username_hello said:
    @akistotle

o gotcha thanks! how do they know what you're wearing is an analog watch? do they check your watch when you first enter the room?

with a watch facing down the desk, i'm not sure how they'll see whether it's analog or not.

The proctors search your bag before the test while you’re in line to enter the room. Most people keep their watch in their bag until they enter the testing room.

9372 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

@username_hello said:
    @akistotle

The proctors search your bag before the test while you’re in line to enter the room. Most people keep their watch in their bag until they enter the testing room.

Yea, you will be checked if you have an analog watch when you enter the room.

Test takers are permitted to wear an analog (nondigital) wristwatch. The watch may not have a dedicated start/stop functionality independent of telling time, but it may have an altered faceplate and a rotating “diver’s” bezel. (Timing devices of any other kind are not permitted.)
    https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test