Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does it look really bad if you take LSATS 4 for 5 times?

eejk04eejk04 Alum Member

Hey guys, Im considering in taking this september test but something tells me that maybe i should push it back for the november one because this is already my fourth time taking it. But at the same time, I feel as if since I already took it 3 times already, I might as well take the november one too if I dont feel satisfied with my september score. I dont think law schools would really feel a difference with someone taking it 4 times as opposed to 5. How do you guys feel about this?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

The fewer the better. 4 vs 5 might not make a huge difference, but why take it if you're not ready? What are your previous scores, and what is your goal score?

• eejk04eejk04 Alum Member
    15 karma

September 2017 (149)
    Feb 2018 (153)
    July 2018 (155)
    All im trying to get is a 160.

• eejk04eejk04 Alum Member
    15 karma

Honestly, I think I can do it this time because I reached a PR of 161 on the pts but at the same time, I'm not sure if its the best idea to take the test again if I can't guarantee myself to get that score. I do want to just hit that number and never study for the lsats again, being quite honest.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 2124 karma

Although there might not be a lot of difference between having a 4th vs. 5th take, if you think you're not prepared then it might be best to postpone. To be on the safe side, it's usually encouraged to score a little higher than your goal score on PTs, because come test day you're likely to score +/-3 of your average PT score. If you can hold off till November, then getting that 160 might be more likely, but it's not impossible in September.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

@eejk04 said:
    Honestly, I think I can do it this time because I reached a PR of 161 on the pts but at the same time, I'm not sure if its the best idea to take the test again if I can't guarantee myself to get that score. I do want to just hit that number and never study for the lsats again, being quite honest.

You can do it! Don't give up! Our scores are almost identical, this will be my fourth time too (148, 157, 158). I can consistently score in the 160s on PTs but for some reason or other on game day it all falls apart. But I know that this will be the test to break into the 160s. I'm so sick of studying for this test too, and this will be the last time. I'm hoping for my wet dream score of 169 but anything above a 159 will make me very happy and get me into the schools I'm looking at. Good luck! Let's break that horizon together. :smiley: