Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do Post CC?

natedawgnatedawg Alum Member
in General 57 karma

Hi 7Sagers,

I am set to finish the Core Curriculum this coming weekend and am looking for Post CC advice.

For background knowledge, I am registered to write the test this November. This means I have about 2 months of PTing, BRing, and drilling of my weak spots to get myself up to the 170's. I cold diagnosed in the mid-140s and have not taken a PT since.

So, while it may be arguably premature without having taken a PT, I'd like to know:

1. What is the typical approach of fellow Sagers following completing the CC? Should I immediately take a PT,rehearse some LG (as I've seen recommended in previous posts), or some other method?

2. How often to take a PT?

3. How many PT's is it possible to take within now and November?

4. How do you recommend drilling LR, core curriculum concepts, etc.?

5. What has typically been the biggest obstacles following completing the CC?

6. Any forums, groups, blogs, or mediums that have found that helped with LSAT preparation?

7. Any forums, groups, blogs, or mediums that have found that helped with law school admissions?

*. General tips, ideas, blogs, methods, etc., on studying for the LSAT, law school admissions, law school itself, being an attorney.

Thank you all in advance for your time.

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

The short reply is to watch this webinar: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

The longer reply will come tomorrow.

• natedawgnatedawg Alum Member
    edited September 2018 57 karma

@keets993 said:
    The short reply is to watch this webinar: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

I recently came upon the webinar searching through the forums.

With that, I am looking for further advice and am looking forward to the long reply. Thank you, @keets993 !

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@natedawg said:

@keets993 said:

I recently came upon the webinar searching through the forums.

With that, I am looking for further advice and am looking forward to the long reply. Thank you, @keets993 !

Hey, so I think the webinar answers these questions:
    "How often to take a PT?" "How many PT's is it possible to take within now and November?" "How do you recommend drilling LR, core curriculum concepts, etc.?"

Basically, taking a PT is like taking a snapshot of where you are. The gain doesn't come from taking a PT itself. Of course, it's possible to take as many PTs as you want until November, but that's not recommended. You should drill your weaknesses.

What has typically been the biggest obstacles following completing the CC?

Not getting the score increase that you want and expect :cry:

Any forums, groups, blogs, or mediums that have found that helped with LSAT preparation?
    Any forums, groups, blogs, or mediums that have found that helped with law school admissions?

7Sage Forum ;)

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Can't stress how important it will be to properly Blind Review that first PT after finishing CC. The PT score probably won't be as great as you hope it will be just because there are many time related obstacles that may limit how well you do. BUT as the webinar states, if your Blind review score is not close to your target score then you know for sure you need to get back to the fundamentals and revisit some parts of the CC as well and drill those aspects heavily. I think it's pretty normal for people who score in the 170s to revisit the CC almost in it's entirety after finishing it the first time. For some reason, lots of logic-related concepts just take time to sink in.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Have you done fool-proofing for LG yet?

• JaejaebinxJaejaebinx Alum Member
    104 karma

I have finished CC and have started doing some drills and timed sections with older PTs, as well as took a couple of complete PTs. My target goal is also in the 170s, but right now, I'm not consistently scoring, yet. I felt like I needed a different perspective for answering some questions, so I decided to buy the LSAT Trainer--I heard it's a good supplement to 7Sage, especially for LR Flaws. It also has a schedule which incorporates taking some drills and some complete tests from PT 72-81. BUT, I also revisit the CC a lot to solidify some concepts and review why I got questions wrong. Good luck on studying!