Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to bring for test day

Hope2018Hope2018 Yearly Member

Hey guys,

I will be taking the LSAT for the first time tomorrow, so can someone double confirm with me that I am bringing the right things ?

So I plan to bring a Ziplock bag with
1) #2 pencils
2) eraser
3) admission ticket
4) some practice problems to look at before the exam
5) watch
6) ID
7) Some kind of beverage and snack (What kind of snacks do you guys recommend?)

** and last question, I will be leaving my phone at my house, but do you guys know approximately when the exam ends ? My parents will be picking me up and I wanted to give them a time frame assuming that the test will start at 9am **

Any other advice, please let me know !! THANKS

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If everything runs smoothly, you should be done around 1:00-1:30. Unfortunately, there's no way to predict exactly how long it'll take for the test to start, so your parents might have to end up waiting in the parking lot if something weird happens. As far as snacks go, don't pick something you've never tried before. A lot of people like sugar during the break but I personally wouldn't recommend it because you might have a crash (if you ONLY eat sugary foods). I'm taking a protein bar.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Are we allowed to bring sports drinks?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme said:
    Are we allowed to bring sports drinks?

Anything is fine as long as it’s in a plastic bottle - no glass or aluminum.

@Hope2018 You’re also allowed to bring and have on the desk a small pack of tissues (like a travel pack). I always brought them just in case. I recommend something like a protein bar. They’re compact and the protein will keep you fuller longer. A plastic water bottle is just fine. I’m paranoid about needing to use the bathroom so I never drank the whole drink during break, just enough to feel hydrated, usually about half the bottle.

Agreed on the 1-1:30 time frame. It depends how long it takes for them to do the passing out of tests and papers.

Good luck tomorrow!!

• Hope2018Hope2018 Yearly Member
    76 karma

Thanks everyone !! And for tomorrow’s test do we need to know our LSAC ACCOUNT NUMBER ??

• Hope2018Hope2018 Yearly Member
    76 karma

Wait sorry I realized our LSAC ACCOUNT NUMBER WAS ON OUR ADMISSIONS TICKET. OOPS

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    edited September 2018 535 karma

Do they mind if we bring things like chapstick in our pockets?

• MorganDobersekMorganDobersek Alum Member
    18 karma

BRING A HIGHLIGHTER!!!! And definitely bring a small water bottle you can pack in the bag!! Made the mistake of forgetting both of those last time!!

8392 karma

@cqas190517 said:

You're technically not supposed to have anything that's not on the "acceptable items" list. But, I did have chapstick in my pocket for my last one... shhhh. :) I would definitely not use it or take it out in the test room at all, on break if anything (probably preferably in the restroom) just to be very safe. I don't think they're going to frisk you, but it is technically not on the allowed list. Unlike a cell phone, I don't think they'd kick you out of the test, probably just confiscate it if anything. I'd say it's a slight risk.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

So anything in a can is a no go? I was going to bring a can of Red Bull to drink during the break. (Will be taking the November test).
    Is this not okay?

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@cqas190517 said:

I did have chapstick in my pocket for my last one... shhhh.

Don't even bother going to law school. No way a chapstick smuggler is going to pass C&F.

8392 karma

@tekken1225 said:
    So anything in a can is a no go? I was going to bring a can of Red Bull to drink during the break. (Will be taking the November test).
    Is this not okay?

Nope, they say plastic bottles only. You could open a Red Bull and pour it into a plastic bottle if you really wanted. Maximum 20 oz size. But they specifically say no aluminum cans.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@tekken1225 said:
    Is this not okay?

Nope, they say plastic bottles only. You could open a Red Bull and pour it into a plastic bottle if you really wanted. Maximum 20 oz size. But they specifically say no aluminum cans.

Oh I see thanks!

Ugh, gonna have to drink a flat Red Bull. Gross. I'll just have to hold my nose, and gulp it down. Haha.

8392 karma

@tekken1225 said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@tekken1225 said:
    Is this not okay?

Oh I see thanks!

Ugh, gonna have to drink a flat Red Bull. Gross. I'll just have to hold my nose, and gulp it down. Haha.

5 hour energy instead? Haha. Sorry!