Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✨ Official September 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ✨

studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
edited September 2018 in September 2018 LSAT 1421 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official September 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the September 2018 LSAT here!

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the September 2018 LSAT, but here are some ground rules:

• ✅ Saying that the test was hard/easy is okay!
    For example, you can say "LG section was hard!"
    ❌ Don't talk specifics about the test. (e.g. "I got B for the main point question of the judicial passage" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing") It can get both us and you in a lot of trouble! ☠️

• ✅ You can say which sections were real or experimental.
    For example, asking questions like “Was the LG with "flowers" experimental?” is okay. You can say “The LG section with "flowers" was real!”
    You cannot say “the 3rd game of the real section was In/Out game.”

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about the September 2018 LSAT!

Have fun discussing!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma
  • MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I had experimental LR, RC with opera comparative passages was real and so was the LG section with the musicians accompanying performers

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

How do you know what is real and what is not real?

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1777 karma

@LCMama2017 when everyone starts talking about getting the same topic, it's a "real" topic. Let's say you got two RC sections, one with elephants and the other with tigers. If everyone on here got the passage with elephants, the one with the tigers was experimental.

• juancastano05juancastano05 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

@MissChanandler can you elaborate on the LG game section you had? I had two LGs. Did yours have the last game with 6 elements being examined by Finance and Organizations, 2 were examined by finance and all of them were examined by Organization?

• Powerscore is talking about children's games with levels and I'm panicking because I dont rememebr shit about children's games with levels.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    @LCMama2017 when everyone starts talking about getting the same topic, it's a "real" topic. Let's say you got two RC sections, one with elephants and the other with tigers. If everyone on here got the passage with elephants, the one with the tigers was experimental.

Gotcha. The question was mostly for @MissChanandler since she was the first one to post! But thanks!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

@juancastano05 that sounds like an experimental but I can’t say for sure. I remember the structures of the games but not so much what the game pieces were supposed to be

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    I had experimental LR, RC with opera comparative passages was real and so was the LG section with the musicians accompanying performers

Was the real rc The one with the passage about different degrees of being right I think it was the last passage it was kind of short

• sic parvis magnasic parvis magna Alum Member
    170 karma

I had an experimental LR as well. Can anymore confirm if the 26 question LR with honeybees vs bumblebees and volcancoes on Venus was real or not?

244 karma

Honeybees was real

• ShanShanShanShan Free Trial Member
    52 karma

@MissChanandler said:

We had the same experimental then. I just don't know what section LR was the experimental. What was your 1st and 3rd section?

• jnuccijnucci Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Was the LG section with 5 people each working 7 shifts real or experimental?

• jnuccijnucci Free Trial Member
    3 karma

I had experimental LG, just don't know which one and can literally only remember one game from one of them. I can tell you what was the real LR or RC. Honeybees was real RC.

244 karma

Can anybody confirm if the RC with the passage about degrees of right Was real?

• mgraha11mgraha11 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

7 shifts was real

39 karma

I had sections 1,3 and 4 as LR. Anybody know which was experimental?

• abbyhemenwayabbyhemenway Free Trial Member
    9 karma

@"sic parvis magna" said:
    I had an experimental LR as well. Can anymore confirm if the 26 question LR with honeybees vs bumblebees and volcancoes on Venus was real or not?

I had two LGs, honeybees and bumblebees was real.

• Paolagut94Paolagut94 Member
    8 karma

The RC that was real was the one with the opera.

• donnyg20donnyg20 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@Paolagut94 said:

Did this section have the law passage about evasion?

244 karma

was the RC with > @Paolagut94 said:

Did the RC with opera have a passage about degrees of "right" as the last passage. I remember the opera but I cannot remember if it was the same one.

• nikozhou811nikozhou811 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

I had LR, RC, LR, LR, Game. I remember one LR question was about dolphins and electric fences, is this a real section? Also, does anyone think that the last passage of the RC about earthquakes was difficult?

• zrkarenzrkaren Alum Member
    60 karma

Was the Kafka RC experimental? Please Lord let it be

• donnyg20donnyg20 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Had 2 RC. Was the one discussing the 'Big Bang' real?

• jnucci23jnucci23 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Dolphins and electric fences was real. What else was the Kafka RC about?

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Had 2 LG’s, so RC with the supreme court case was real... any insight on the LG’s experimental vs real?

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    700 karma

RC:
    Seismic activity and Italian/German operas was real

LG:
    Organizational, visitors, booth was real

LG:
    Don't know, I had 3 of these.

6 karma

I know that I did very bad on one LG and good on the other. i think I did very bad on the real one if the 5 people with 7 shifts was real.

• gk177777gk177777 Alum Member
    24 karma

had 3 lr's, section 3 had dolphin question. anyone confirm if this is experimental or not? thought this was hardest of the 3 lr sections

• christori97christori97 Member
    31 karma

LR was definitely hard... anyone know if the one with "extremely sweet" was real?

• emunroemunro Alum Member
    6 karma

I had three logical reasoning sections, I believe 2 had 25 questions each and one had 26 (my section 3), but I cant recall which sections had which questions. Anyone know if a 26 question LR was real

• IntoTheFrayIntoTheFray Alum Member
    67 karma

extremely sweet parallel question and dolphins were real LRs, I had two RCs.
    on another note, any guesses on the curve ?
    I thought this was a toughie.

• edited September 2018 101 karma

@jnucci23 said:
    I know that I did very bad on one LG and good on the other. i think I did very bad on the real one if the 5 people with 7 shifts was real.

I honestly don't even remember having a question about 5 people and 7 shifts so I'm pretty concerned right now lol.

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

@christori97 said:
    LR was definitely hard... anyone know if the one with "extremely sweet" was real?

Yes it was. I had 2 LGS. Real RC had plate tectonics and seismic activity as the last passage.

39 karma

@"Freddie Mercurys Mustache" said:

@jnucci23 said:

I honestly don't even remember having a question about 5 people and 7 shifts so I'm pretty concerned right now lol.

My first section of LG had 5 people to 3 booths. I am not sure if this was the exprimental or real. Powerscore has it under real but they also have the artists and musicians under real. I don't remember them being under the same section so I'm probably fucked.

5 ppl 3 booths was real

• I distinctly remember a game section that included a chart.

Can anyone confirm this was real or experimental?

• akrieglerakriegler Alum Member
    245 karma

Which LG was real in this order?

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

6 karma

Where is everyone seeing the PowerScore stuff? I can’t find anything on their site

• @mgraha11 said:

@"Freddie Mercurys Mustache" said:

@jnucci23 said:

My first section of LG had 5 people to 3 booths. I am not sure if this was the exprimental or real. Powerscore has it under real but they also have the artists and musicians under real. I don't remember them being under the same section so I'm probably fucked.

5 ppl 3 booths was real

Ok> @jnucci23 said:

Where is everyone seeing the PowerScore stuff? I can’t find anything on their site

Twitter. Follow David Killoran

• Lynn_SATLynn_SAT Alum Member
    26 karma

For the LR-RC-LR-LR-LG, anyone remember how maybe questions were in the first and second LR respectively? Seems like the first one was experimental.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

i had RC LR RC LG LR. rc with franz kakfa and neil degrasse tyson was experimental. opera was real. games with gladys and operations, retail & visitors was real. can't recall anything from LR.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

LR with low self-esteem ppl feel more disrespected, was real. and all innovations deserve funding, was real.

6 karma

@akriegler said:
    Which LG was real in this order?

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

I am praying that the first LG was experimental but I’m getting mixed messages.

• gk177777gk177777 Alum Member
    24 karma

1st and 3rd lr were 26 questions sec 4 lr was 25 questions, would assume 3 compared section 1 would be the experimental in which case dolphins section was experimental, but idk, maybe they gave the expiramental as section 1...

• Lynn_SATLynn_SAT Alum Member
    26 karma

Seems like dolphins was real > @gk177777 said:

1st and 3rd lr were 26 questions sec 4 lr was 25 questions, would assume 3 compared section 1 would be the experimental in which case dolphins section was experimental, but idk, maybe they gave the expiramental as section 1...

• ReadyForThe99ReadyForThe99 Alum Member
    111 karma

To be honest i can't even remember which LR questions were in which section. I did have the LR-RC-LR-LR-LG, so which one does the dolphin one fall?

• tenglyubingtenglyubing Alum Member
    11 karma

Does anyone remember the LR question about Nintendo? I had 3 LRs and that was the in my first LR section. Wondering is real or experimental.

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

Wow, the last LR (for people who had experimental LR) was bizarre, was almost certain it was experimental.

• joseph.brydenjoseph.bryden Member
    98 karma

Wow for someone who relies on going only -2 on LG, I had to guess on 6 questions. Difficult for me. How will this test be weighted? I feel as if I got between 61-68 questions correct, so I don't know what my expectations should be.

• jurisprudentjurisprudent Alum Member
    edited September 2018 326 karma

Can anyone please confirm if the 26 LR with the N desert question was real? I also think it had a question about some electric transmission line...