Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Learning from Uncommon Mistakes - 7Sage Forum

Learning from Uncommon Mistakes

Matthew LLCMatthew LLC Free Trial Member
in General 114 karma
How should I go about learning from questions that aren't common? There are a few questions that require pure reasoning and don't rely on patterns or anything. I'm having some trouble with them. Is there anything I can do to improve that?

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3545 karma
    Even the ones that aren't common still have some discernible patterns. Make a list of the uncommon questions that trip you up and make sure to add to that list every time you take a PT. Once you see like 5 of the same questions, think of similarities between them -- what do the wrong answer choices look like? What does finding the right answer choice require?

For most of these uncommon questions (I hesitate to say all as a matter of principle), there are still multiple of them in the 74 LSATs that have been administered. You just need to more diligent about noting them :)
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I have the same question! Especially those that include _______ (fill in the blank) in the older PTS
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    @emli1000 Those are usually variants of MBT questions. You can only fill in the blank what you can properly infer from the stimulus.
    3462 karma
    @blah170blah Yea some are but then some I look at like WTH did I just read lol
    3462 karma
    @Charles11 to answer your question what I'm starting to do with these uncommon questions is make a list in an excel sheet and save it for a later time. I also try to memorize the pattern used on that question type.