Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✨ Official September 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ✨

Comments

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

LG: employees/booths, opening performances with artists, department store sales, forgot the other
    LR: I had 3, 26 q w dolphins, 25 and 25.
    RC: opera,plate techtonics

Games and RC destroyed me. I’ve been -0~-3 in games and only attempted one question on the last game.
    RC killed me I easily missed 11.
    LR seemed relatively normal to me, I finish two sections with time left which I rarely do on PTs.
    Probably gonna cancel.

NovemberRetakeGang

• @akriegler said:
    Which LG was real in this order?

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

I believe I can answer this if you remember something. Did the first section contain a 5ppl 3 booths? Or > @jnucci23 said:

@akriegler said:

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

I am praying that the first LG was experimental but I’m getting mixed messages.

Let me ask you this, did the first section have the 5ppl 3 booths or was that the second? Because thats going to dictate the answer. 5ppl 3 booths was apparently real. As was artists to musicians.

• joseph.brydenjoseph.bryden Member
    98 karma

I think the dolphin LR passage is definitely real. If it wasn't, then that means this test would've consisted of 102 questions.

• jurisprudentjurisprudent Alum Member
    326 karma

Real RC (REALLY TOUGH!): 14th amendment, music/words (comparative)
    Real LG (fairly easy/standard/no oddball misc games): putting people in booths, musicians/ exhibitions

• Giselle112Giselle112 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 151 karma

I had RC, LR, LG, LG, LR

Real RC:
    1) 14th Amendment-Supreme Court Case
    2) Archaeological Findings? (domesticated horses maybe)
    3) Comparative: Music (operas)
    4) Seismic Activity

Real LR:
    -Honeybees
    -Sugar sweetener- parallel flaw
    -National park and birds
    -Reforestation- Explain
    -Old houses & apartments on 20th st.- MBF?
    -Jupiter & atmospheric winds- Explain
    -Doctors/Clinical Psychologist prescribing meds- Principle

LG?
    I need help remembering my two LG sections. I remember the set ups more. The last one being a [admin note: too specific, read OP] in my 1st LG section. I think about games and leveling up.
    [admin note: too specific, read OP]

In my 2nd LG section I remember more [admin note: too specific, read OP] the last one being a [admin note: too specific, read OP] with artist exhibitions and musical performances.

Which LG was real?

• edorion313edorion313 Member
    25 karma

@Giselle112 said:

Which LG was real?

2nd one

• edited September 2018 101 karma

@Giselle112 said:
    I had RC, LR, LG, LG, LR

Real RC:
    4) Seismic Activity

Real LR:
    -Honeybees
    -National park and birds
    -Reforestation- Explain

LG?
    I need help remembering my two LG sections. I remember the set ups more. The last one being a [admin note: too specific, read OP] in my 1st LG section. I think about games and leveling up.

In my 2nd LG section I remember more [admin note: too specific, read OP] the last one being a [admin note: too specific, read OP] with artist exhibitions and musical performances.

Which LG was real?

Per Powerscore, musicians and artists was real. As was 5ppl 3 booths, weekly electronic sales and book editing. I could have sworn 5ppl 3booths was the in the first section but my brain must be fried

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 737 karma

@"Freddie Mercurys Mustache" said:

@Giselle112 said:
    I had RC, LR, LG, LG, LR

Real RC:
    4) Seismic Activity

Real LR:
    -Honeybees
    -National park and birds
    -Reforestation- Explain

LG?

Which LG was real?

Per Powerscore, musicians and artists was real. As was 5ppl 3 booths, weekly electronic sales and book editing. I could have sworn 5ppl 3booths was the in the first section but my brain must be fried

I agree the structure of both LG sections were similar.

Does anyone know if that artist/musicians game also talked about galleries? Was it that same game?

• Claire Z.Claire Z. Alum Member
    edited September 2018 116 karma

Does anyone know if this test had 100 or 101 questions?

• jnucci23jnucci23 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Are we certain that the 1st LG section was experimental in the RC-LR-LG-LG-LR format?

• @JK_fish92 said:
    LG: employees/booths, opening performances with artists, department store sales, forgot the other
    LR: I had 3, 26 q w dolphins, 25 and 25.
    RC: opera,plate techtonics

Games and RC destroyed me. I’ve been -0~-3 in games and only attempted one question on the last game.
    RC killed me I easily missed 11.
    LR seemed relatively normal to me, I finish two sections with time left which I rarely do on PTs.
    Probably gonna cancel.

NovemberRetakeGang

Shout out to November!

• @jnucci23 said:
    Are we certain that the 1st LG section was experimental in the RC-LR-LG-LG-LR format?

That seems to be census which is unfortunate because I felt really really strong about the first.

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

@akriegler said:

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

• edited September 2018 101 karma

@cgracia12 said:

@"Freddie Mercurys Mustache" said:

@Giselle112 said:
    I had RC, LR, LG, LG, LR

Real RC:
    4) Seismic Activity

Real LR:
    -Honeybees
    -National park and birds
    -Reforestation- Explain

LG?

Which LG was real?

I agree the structure of both LG sections were similar.

Does anyone know if that artist/musicians game also talked about galleries? Was it that same game?

Different games. There was (1) with musicians and galleries. The musicians and artists was a double layer seq

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

That LG was a doozy. I was counting on that to boost my score but now I'm not so sure :(

• monaalsaidimonaalsaidi Member
    53 karma

@"Freddie Mercurys Mustache" I could have sworn it was 3 booths, 6 people. now i'm paranoid i made up a whole person

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Crap man my memory is so shot, these games were very similar.

So i had RC, LR, LG, LG LR.

Can Anyone can confirm this, and if so, was that first LG experimental?

If the second LG was real im screwed, totally misread a damn rule in the first game and had to go back

• Trust the ProcessTrust the Process Alum Member
    304 karma

@cgracia12 yeah the second was real....

• Raychul123Raychul123 Member
    179 karma

@monaalsaidi said:
    @"Freddie Mercurys Mustache" I could have sworn it was 3 booths, 6 people. now i'm paranoid i made up a whole person

Don’t worry! it was definitely 6- (MG FLK and then H was the floater). Sad that I remember this,
    but there ya go.

• @monaalsaidi said:

You're right! It was 6 lol

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

I really hope the LG gets curved hard

2798 karma

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@akriegler said:

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

Whoops I was wrong. It was 4.

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

Some guy was erasing after the 5th section, when the proctors were picking up the answer sheets/booklets. I told the proctors. They said he was reported to the LSAC. He claimed that he was just erasing marks besides the numbers. I could have sworn he was changing answers

Anyway I had LR RC LR LR LG

I normally go 0 on LG, but I thought it was pretty tough.

@"Logic Gainz" said:
    RC:
    Seismic activity and Italian/German operas was real

I don't even remember Italy or Germany being mentioned lol

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

Damn this thread is making me nervous for November. Sounds like LG and RC are getting significantly harder and harder as tests and years go by.

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma

@nikozhou811 said:
    I had LR, RC, LR, LR, Game. I remember one LR question was about dolphins and electric fences, is this a real section? Also, does anyone think that the last passage of the RC about earthquakes was difficult?

Yes I believe so....

I had the same.... I had LR (26) RC LR (26) LR (25) LG

For the second LR section, I had a question about insurance sales/advertising and one about venus gases warming atmosphere.... Was that the real section?

279 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    LR with low self-esteem ppl feel more disrespected, was real. and all innovations deserve funding, was real.

Do you remember the questions about insurance sales and venus gases?

279 karma

@jnucci23 said:
    Dolphins and electric fences was real. What else was the Kafka RC about?

That was the 25 section or 26?

279 karma

@Lynn_SAT said:
    For the LR-RC-LR-LR-LG, anyone remember how maybe questions were in the first and second LR respectively? Seems like the first one was experimental.

26 for both

• larissa-xolarissa-xo Alum Member
    70 karma

I had RC, LR, RC, LG and LR.

LR both seemed quite easy. In response to @DBryne07 I remember the Venus gases being one of the LR.

One of the RC was quite easy and the other difficult. My memory is terrible but from the sounds of other people's posts it sounds like harder one was the real one /: ugh. I was so excited about that one too.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

messed up the real LG and aced the experimental one feelsbadman lol

• NefertariNefertari Alum Member
    edited September 2018 202 karma

What are the standards for reporting a proctor to LSAC? This lady actually tapped me on my shoulder during middle of Section 1 to tell me my Advil (that she had confiscated) was actually allowed and that she was going to leave it next to my desk. Wtf WHY WOULD YOU INTERRUPT A PERSON TAKING THE LSAT??? ?

Besides that, I had LR as my experimental. The games section thankfully didn't have any weird games but I felt like most were very time consuming ? even though LG is my strongest section.

LG - musicians and o/r/v [admin note: too specific, read OP]
    RC - 14th amendment, domestication of horses, music, plate tectonics

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    edited September 2018 535 karma

Mine went RC (opera)-LR-LG-LG-LR. SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE MY LIFE AND TELL ME THE 1ST LG WAS REAL. I can barely remember the first section, except that it was really easy, and it was like two [admin note: too specific, read OP]...? The second section had something about an electronics store, or something about headphones and microwave. I hated that section with a passion.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

@jurisprudent said:
    Can anyone please confirm if the 26 LR with the N desert question was real? I also think it had a question about some electric transmission line...

I had those on the LR section. First one?

• Smorph0u0Smorph0u0 Member
    32 karma

Honestly don't remember what LR question is in what section…but had LR RC LR LR LG. Praying real hard the last LR is real cuz I don't even remember how I made it through the third section T_T

• TrinkSchokoTrinkSchoko Free Trial Member
    69 karma

The LG games are all so time-consuming! I usually finish early -0 with at least 5 min to spare and I missed two on this one...
    BTW the 5 musician 5 artists one for the last game is real. I totally forgot all other game settings, probably due to the stress this one game is causing me... a 5-question game which costs me 7 min to do 3 questions??? why?

• ksdenosksdenos Alum Member
    102 karma

Three LRs. Wishing I had the double RC instead! Anyone know which LR was experimental?

• javorskyzachjavorskyzach Member
    edited September 2018 8 karma

What are we thinking the curve is?

202 karma

@"amanda.y.jin" said:
    The LG games are all so time-consuming! I usually finish early -0 with at least 5 min to spare and I missed two on this one...

That's exactly what happened to me!!! I had to draw so many sub game boards for the o/r/v game! Just me? Was anyone able to split the boards?

• TeaLoverTeaLover Alum Member
    151 karma

I feel this is so much harder than practice tests but maybe that's due to my nervousness....
    I had RC LR RC / LG LR
    the first RC was brutal ! Personally I would give 5/5 for at least 3 of passages. Can't recall any key words but the first one is law-related.
    The latter RC has Kafka.
    I think there is also comparative passages about music and poems? But I don't remember if that's in 1st or 3rd section lol.
    As for LR I think there are a lot of non-traditional questions.??
    Guys see you in November?

• akrieglerakriegler Alum Member
    edited September 2018 245 karma

@cqas190517 said:
    Mine went RC (opera)-LR-LG-LG-LR. SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE MY LIFE AND TELL ME THE 1ST LG WAS REAL. I can barely remember the first section, except that it was really easy, and it was like two [admin note: too specific, read OP]...? The second section had something about an electronics store, or something about headphones and microwave. I hated that section with a passion.

I wish. First was experimental. I’m canceling my score :neutral:

245 karma

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@akriegler said:

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

Thanks! Wish it was 3 though!

2798 karma

@akriegler said:

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@akriegler said:

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

Yuppp I am cancelling unfortunately as well because of this. For whatever reason I couldn't get into rhythm in this LG section. Hang in there!!

• theLSATstruggstheLSATstruggs Alum Member
    edited September 2018 95 karma

Wtf were any of the RC passages trying to say??? I couldn’t get a solid grasp of the MP on any of the 4, and I didn’t feel sure about ANY of the answer choices that I selected....literally not one. And while I’m not usually great, I’m actually not completely terrible at RC. #panicking

245 karma

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@akriegler said:

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@akriegler said:

Rc-lr-lg-lg-lr

Yuppp I am cancelling unfortunately as well because of this. For whatever reason I couldn't get into rhythm in this LG section. Hang in there!!

You too! Hopefully November will be good to us

• smooshiesmooshie Core Member
    edited September 2018 31 karma

I had 2 LGs. Omg. Both of them killed me. Only did 3/4. Sadder part is that I had most problems on the elimination questions in LG (first question).
    It seems consensus that the 123 layer [admin note: too specific, read OP] was fake right?

I had problems on the [admin note: too specific, read OP] question, mainly the elimination question, which killed all my time. I believe that was the first game?

Would love to discuss if someone wants to PM....

Also, RC first passage.... WTF? I have no idea what that “state” whatever meant. So brutal for a first passage.
    Real RC:
    14th amendment
    Horses
    Music/Poetry
    Seismic plates

Real LR: 26 and 25 Qs
    They included...
    Venus, Volcanos
    Sweeter/artificial sweetener parallel reasoning
    Long ass question on wage and bosses making 50X —question filled half the page.
    Pollution on Mars

Any questions on which LR was real, just ask. I only had real ones so I should be able to recall

• Tatyana L.Tatyana L. Alum Member
    244 karma

The LG where the first game was about the weeks of advertising campaigns (refrigerator, TV, lamp, etc) was the real section

202 karma

Was the LR with question about apartments in old buildings real?

• Can anyone confirm how many questions were in the real RC? I mayyyy have misbubbled.

279 karma

Didn't think LG was that bad - I finished all games with no time to spare, but was able to answer each question confidently.... My god the RC... the first passage, I could not deduce wtf they were talking about. I can never tell with LR - could be good / could be bad

• monaalsaidimonaalsaidi Member
    53 karma

@cqas190517 the one with the headphones microwave, etc was the real one :/