160 + Club

diontretdiontret Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 80 karma

How do I get in the 160 plus club? I know about blind review and I am doing it. I know some of you are going to say, "It just takes time," and I am aware of that fact. Like perhaps many of you, my ultimate goal would be to score a perfect 180. First I need to score in the 160s ,and right now I am consistently in the 156 range. I know there are no short cuts to achieve greatness but somethings got to change. If your someone who has been in this range, and has improved I would love to hear what you have got to say about making this transition. I know there is no simple prescription I would appreciate any advice at this point.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

What’s your section breakdown? A little LG foolproofing could definitely boost you into the 160s if you aren’t already going like -2

• diontretdiontret Alum Member
    80 karma

Okay my breakdown today on LSAT preptest 45 was -2 in LG,-10 in RC, -8 in first LR, and -9 in the other logical reasoning section.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

I recommend doing the CC twice. Honestly, but don't do it immediately. At least wait a month or two before doing it again. On the second go, focus on mistakes, and analyzing why you got a question wrong, and what about the question tricked you. Because that's what's happening. You're being tricked. Find out why. My more practical advice would be to do ALL the Necessary Assumption and Flaw questions in the CC, and then do more in the question banks. There's a reason why they're so numerous. It's because the LSAT has a lot of them, proportionally, and because perfecting them can build up a strong foundation for all other question types. Understanding necessary assumptions gives you an understanding of validity and invalidity, how to strengthen and weaken, and how premises connect to conclusions. Perfecting flaws gives you the understanding of how to break down, identify, and reference each part of the argument.