Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free proctored LSATs

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 7965 karma
Hey folks—just spent some time Googling free proctored LSATs and signed up for 2 with Princeton Review (have to go to Ft Worth but at least they're on Saturdays!).

Any tips on finding these kinds of free exams? I live in Dallas but could in theory justify going as far as Austin, in case you need a point of reference.

General tips appreciated as well—and for folks in other geographies, I think this is useful information for everyone so please share!

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Kaplan does it.. though going by their teaching, I don't think I'd use their materials... but you could give it a try
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    idk I think Kaplan does use actual PT's... but either way, for proctored exams you want to pretend they are the real deal... this is tricky if you are taking in June as it is on a monday and a little bit later but wake up early, do something a little active to get the blood pumping and eat a good meal and bring the right stuff (a couple of #2 pencils, a sharpener, analog watch, water and a snack for break)
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I've only heard that Princeton Review does free proctored LSATs
  • Erika123Erika123 Member
    233 karma
    I live in Austin, if you find any please let me know
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Erika123 — I think Manhattan is doing one down there in April (or was it Princeton Review?). Also, with a big university like UT, it would be worth Googling "free proctored lsat austin" since there may well be small companies that offer such events. We have one like that up here and I found it by Googling.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited March 2015 6866 karma
    Just google the various big test prep companies in your area, they do these things for publicity all the time. You may also want to get in touch with the prelaw societies at the 'name' schools in your area (in your case UT Austin and perhaps even UT Dallas) and see if you can get added to their listservs, as those orgs are usually targeted heavily for promotional stuff.

If you're not sure whether they use a real LSAT, ask. Be careful how many of these you take before you're done with a substantial portion of your curriculum. The last thing you need to be doing is to be wasting all of your upper-60s and low-70s tests while you're still learning the ropes. With the two Princeton ones you signed up for, I'd also ask and make sure that they're two different tests. And make sure you find out which preptest it was afterward so you can know that that one is now used!
  • Erika123Erika123 Member
    233 karma
    Thanks guys :)