Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone have a study plan for the Nov LSAT for someone still in school?

supboardersupboarder Alum Member

I was able to spend hours the past summer doing my LSAT prep, but now that I am back in school full time I have a really demanding academic schedule as well. Does anyone have any tips on what or how you should pace yourself while in school?

Comments

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

I recommend everyone in school, esp with demanding academic schedules, to study after they graduate and work. Your main focus should be maintaining your GPA.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

This is a fine line to walk for sure. There are a finite number of hours in a day. What you are attempting has been done, but will always be difficult. Depending whether you are at the PT stage of your prep, I would say 1 fresh PT strictly timed per week along with thorough review and supplemental drilling 4-5 days per week, with 1 day per week of no LSAT should suffice. This should work out to roughly 1.5-2 hours per day of quality review/drilling and roughly 3-4 hours of work on the PT day. Try to avoid burnout by not pushing too much progress into a certain amount of time.

Best of luck moving forward, don't hesitate to reach out with any further concerns
    David

• supboardersupboarder Alum Member
    109 karma

@eRetaker said:
    I recommend everyone in school, esp with demanding academic schedules, to study after they graduate and work. Your main focus should be maintaining your GPA.

I have a 4.0 GPA and I already sent some of my applications in. I am going to law school in Fall 2019, but thanks for your input. Is there anyone left on this forum still in school?

• supboardersupboarder Alum Member
    109 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    This is a fine line to walk for sure. There are a finite number of hours in a day. What you are attempting has been done, but will always be difficult. Depending whether you are at the PT stage of your prep, I would say 1 fresh PT strictly timed per week along with thorough review and supplemental drilling 4-5 days per week, with 1 day per week of no LSAT should suffice. This should work out to roughly 1.5-2 hours per day of quality review/drilling and roughly 3-4 hours of work on the PT day. Try to avoid burnout by not pushing too much progress into a certain amount of time.

Best of luck moving forward, don't hesitate to reach out with any further concerns
    David

Thanks David! I will follow your advice.

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

I'm in my senior year of undergrad. My plan is to either wake up early and study before class/work or study in between breaks. Obviously, weekends will be dedicated to studying but I'm also making a point to throw in going to the gym in between it all! PM me if you want details :)