Test Centre Complaints - Toronto 60321

Does anyone else have experience with test center complaints?

There was some orientation event for first year engineers in the lobby of where I was writing. The level of noise was absurd. We could hear people chanting, screaming and playing music for the almost the entirety of section 3 and part of section 4. After the break the proctor told us that we could file a complaint, but would it even be worth it? (apparently your score gets delayed)

I will definitely be rewriting in November at a different location, and am extremely disappointed because this disrupted my ability to concentrate for nearly two sections.

Comments

• ShanShanShanShan Free Trial Member
    52 karma

Sorry to hear! I wrote at Humber North and it was very comfortable. You should do your rewrite there!

• eLSATurdayGiganteeLSATurdayGigante Alum Member
    31 karma

My room was freezing up in Seattle.

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

I'm so sorry to hear that. I went to that school with those engineering kids, and yes I think it's reasonable to file a complaint regardless of whether you are rewriting in November (and if you are, then you have nothing to lose with a delayed score).

• lsatstudent97lsatstudent97 Alum Member
    61 karma

Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely put more thought into the next location lol

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 770 karma

@"Andrew S." said:
    Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely put more thought into the next location lol

Do you (or anyone else) know if there are forum or sites where we can get previous users' experiences with specific test locations?
    Something like what happened to you today is like my worse nightmare. Anything that breaks my concentration, and I'm a goner.

• IntoTheFrayIntoTheFray Alum Member
    67 karma

I was at this test centre too dude, so I feel your pain. I remember thinking to myself during the exam "are you f*cking serious"
    Months of hard work potentially ruined by a feat thrown by drunken froshies. I sent LSAC a complaint.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@tekken1225 said:

@"Andrew S." said:

Do you (or anyone else) know if there are forum or sites where we can get previous users' experiences with specific test locations?
    Something like what happened to you today is like my worse nightmare. Anything that breaks my concentration, and I'm a goner.

The board here has a section called Test Center Reviews. Also if you google LSAT test center reviews, there are some websites that pop up.

So sorry about your bummer experience... that sucks so bad. LSAC's remedy is typically that they will offer to cancel your score and give you a free retake. If you think you still performed ok, you might not want that option. Although, you could probably file a complaint and tell them explicitly that you don't want your score canceled, you just wanted to let them know that it was a bad situation. So, so frustrating.

• lsatstudent97lsatstudent97 Alum Member
    61 karma

@IntoTheFray said:
    I was at this test centre too dude, so I feel your pain. I remember thinking to myself during the exam "are you f*cking serious"
    Months of hard work potentially ruined by a feat thrown by drunken froshies. I sent LSAC a complaint.

Hopefully we do get some kind of refund or the option to cancel without it showing up. I seriously messed up those sections with all that shit going on.

• IntoTheFrayIntoTheFray Alum Member
    67 karma

@"Andrew S." said:
    Hopefully we do get some kind of refund or the option to cancel without it showing up. I seriously messed up those sections with all that shit going on.

I feel the same. Let me know when you hear back from them.