Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Older student to be??

dr194dr194 Member
in General 14 karma

Hi! I'm a older aspiring law student - looking to switch careers after 22 years. I don't have a date yet for a LSAT - maybe June 2019. Since I'm just starting to get my feet wet is okay to start with the basic package? Thanks for your assistance.

Comments

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

Absolutely
    Basic starter package is the ultimate “get your feet wet” package lol. Complete the syllabus from the starter package and judge your progress from there. I started with the basic and ended up upgrading to the Ultimate + because I needed more practice. Good luck!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited September 2018 2531 karma

I would recommend the basic package for everyone, even if they think they want the ultimate+.

It’s procedural, it’s cost effective, and you can always upgrade to the next version. If you resonate with the material and the community, you will see great value.

Also, try your best to frequent the forums. The best questions that I’ve ever had answered about this test have come from other people. Being able to partake in fleshed out discussions regarding this test has been invaluable.

• DawnHenryDawnHenry Alum Member
    298 karma

Yes, I did the same :) After starting I realized that 7Sage was for me, and upgraded to ultimate. (I'll be 50 when I start law school next year -- welcome!)

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Hey! I think it depends on what kind of score you're trying to get. If you're looking for a score in the 150s, the Starter package is a great way to start. You can always upgrade. But if you're trying to get a 170, you'll probably want Ultimate or Ultimate+.