Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT opinion poll

monp0485monp0485 Member
in General 101 karma

I made a schedule for post CC and am planning on doing 2 PTs per week. What do you guys think would be the best?

How to PT
  1. Should I do both PTs timed or one timed and one untimed?26 votes
    1. Both timed
      88.46%
    2. One timed and one untimed
      11.54%

Comments

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

Do them both timed then do your BR untimed.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

No need to do entire tests untimed but individual section from some of the older games are valuable and can be done untimed.

I'd hold off on doing 2 practice tests a week unless you're taking the test in November and your Blind Review scores are already at your target. Drilling your weaknesses and figuring out your section strategies takes up a LOT of time and if you're rushing your way through PTs you might find less time to focus on your weaknesses!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1777 karma

If you're doing two PTs a week (not recommended long-term), do them timed. The BR process is where you get to do everything untimed, so there's no point in burning through other PTs that you can't use again.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Yeah I would at least alternate, do one PT a week then two PT the next week. I wouldn't do two PTs every week. Not only is it not great for you, you get less out of the test, but you will run out of PTs faster. They are definitely a valuable, finite, resource.