Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difficulty in 2 LR sections

tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 770 karma

Hey guys, is it generally true of the 2 LR sections in the test, one section is harder than the other one? I find that I tend to do better in one LR section than the other one. And when I am doing the test, one LR section I find reasonable. Then I do the other LR section, and I think, wow this one is significantly harder. Wondering if anyone else has similar experience.

Comments

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

@tekken1225 you can go on the LSAT analytics tab from the Resources drop down box to see what each section's difficulty is on any given test. But yes, as far as the recent tests go, I noticed that there has been a trend of one LR section being really tough and one being really easy as opposed to two moderate sections.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I based on the LSAT Analytics tool, it is pretty clear to me that there are more difficult questions in the second LR section. Like I'll go -4 on the first section and -7 on the section.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 770 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    I based on the LSAT Analytics tool, it is pretty clear to me that there are more difficult questions in the second LR section. Like I'll go -4 on the first section and -7 on the section.

@"samantha.ashley92" haha yup, exactly the same here.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

It depends, some sections are marked as difficult because they are filled with traps answer choices and deceptive arguments. These often feel like a breeze if you fell for the trap, but they can also seem challenging if you picked up on some of the time consuming ones.