CC Question - Comparative Reading Passage

Does JY have any lessons on comparative RC passages and how to approach them? I just cannot find any at the moment and thought maybe it was just me. Not sure though lol.

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 2124 karma

You won't find specific lessons on comparative passages, but if you take a look at the more recent RC sections you'll find how he approaches them. Basically read Passage A, go to the questions and eliminate answer choices that aren't supported by the passage. Read Passage B and do the same thing.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

I feel like he's going to have to make this addition to the CC soon. Basically, he discoverd his method during an explanation for a PT, I believe it was in the 60s or 70s. Previously, he tackled it like any other passage but then he tried reading passage A, going to questions and eliminating as many answer choices as possible, then going to passage B and then going to questions again instead of trying to hold it all in his head. He found that helpful for him and has done comparative passages that way ever since.

@akistotle you gotta get word to the boss man since I don't think JY is taggable. :joy: I don't know who else has access.