Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✨ Official September 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ✨

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

The kindness/respect question absolutely destroyed me. Could not figure out what was going on at all.

• joseph.brydenjoseph.bryden Member
    98 karma

Yeah I was looking forward to making up for my garbage RC but LG was difficult. Is the curve really -10? That frustrates me. I feel as if this is definitely a -12.

• Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
    138 karma

It was a really tough exam! I had 2 RC and of course the one that I messed up was the real one. I too usually get -2 or better for LG and only attempted 2 questions for the musicians game. hopefully the exam goes down as one of those -14 but still 170 curve?

• Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
    138 karma

@ShernitRones said:
    I had LR RC LR/LR LG format. My second LR section had a strengthening question about geneticly determined facial recognition in humans and chimps. Anyone know if this was the experimental? Can’t remember any other questions.

That one was real. I only had 2 LR and one was definitely about chimps. I narrowed the choices down and guessed for that one

• FiikclickFiikclick Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@"Tatyana L." said:
    The LG where the first game was about the weeks of advertising campaigns (refrigerator, TV, lamp, etc) was the real section

The LG with the utilities was the first game on the experimental for me.

• annie1993nwannie1993nw Alum Member
    7 karma

I had my exam in the following order: Lr RC LR LR LG. However I somehow remember that lR has 25, 26, 25 questions respectively. I found the first and third sections to be easy but the second section to be tougher because it has an unusually large amount of strengthen/weaken questions....Did anyone face a similar situation? I sincerely hope my second section was experimental

• annie1993nwannie1993nw Alum Member
    7 karma

@camelia0102 said:
    So for people who had the Lr test section and order went Lr Rc Lr Lr Lg do we know which of the LRs was the experimental? I found the 1st and 3rd to be easy and the 2nd to be more challenging personally. Can't remember the specifics of any of them though.

@camelia0102 said:
    So for people who had the Lr test section and order went Lr Rc Lr Lr Lg do we know which of the LRs was the experimental? I found the 1st and 3rd to be easy and the 2nd to be more challenging personally. Can't remember the specifics of any of them though.

@camelia0102 said:

Kinda felt the same as you...had the same section order and the second LR was significantly more time consuming due to a large number of strengthen and weaken questions. Crossing my fingers

• HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

@annie1993nw said:

@camelia0102 said:

@camelia0102 said:

@camelia0102 said:

Kinda felt the same as you...had the same section order and the second LR was significantly more time consuming due to a large number of strengthen and weaken questions. Crossing my fingers

Right up there with you guys. I was really hoping the first LR would be one of the real ones. I thought maybe the first and second ones would be real and the last one would be the experimental, but sadly not.

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    The kindness/respect question absolutely destroyed me. Could not figure out what was going on at all.

lollll same. I read this question at least 15 times when I came back to it after finishing the section.

• bmkln1234bmkln1234 Alum Member
    27 karma

@ReadyForThe99 said:
    To be honest i can't even remember which LR questions were in which section. I did have the LR-RC-LR-LR-LG, so which one does the dolphin one fall?

for me at least, dolphins was 3rd. the 1st section asked about the apartments in the houses. im almost positive the 2nd section was real. not sure which section was experimental

• monaalsaidimonaalsaidi Member
    53 karma

I know the predicted release date according to LSAC is the 28th, but are there any dates out there that are predicted by 7sage or powerscore that are different?

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

@monaalsaidi said:
    I know the predicted release date according to LSAC is the 28th, but are there any dates out there that are predicted by 7sage or powerscore that are different?

Official release date is 9/29 according to LSAC. It seems like they stick to their dates usually.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@MissChanandler said:

Is this the formal logic one?

3256 karma

Yeah I think so

• ryebread180ryebread180 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

@"Freddie Mercurys Mustache" said:
    Powerscore is talking about children's games with levels and I'm panicking because I dont rememebr shit about children's games with levels.

I had 2 LG sections. The one with children's games w/ levels was experimental. Good thing because that was the only section for which I guessed on answers.

• notsplittsnotsplitts Free Trial Member
    267 karma

I had RC LR LG LG LR. First LR was expiremental.

One tectonic plate pumped into another and said, “sorry, my fault!”

• GenGen85GenGen85 Free Trial Member
    53 karma

Oh god when are we getting the scores ?!!! I’m losing my hair over here ?????

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@GenGen85 said:
    Oh god when are we getting the scores ?!!! I’m losing my hair over here ?????

Saturday, September 29, 2018. After the February LSAT, Kellye Testy announced that LSAC will release scores as scheduled in the rest of 2018.

edited September 2018 267 karma

I think Saturday the 29th is the latest date the scores will be released. They may be released earlier, however. Check out this neat article from PowerScore. https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/lsat-score-release-dates-scheduled-vs-actual-comparison

Based on that data, it looks like scores have historically been released earlier than the scheduled release date. It looks like scores for the past two years were released closer to the scheduled release date than in the past, meaning they weren't released as early as scores in the past. This may be because there have been more test takers in the past few years, thus creating more tests to grade and a smaller gap in the scheduled vs actual release dates?

That being said, I think scores will come out on Friday. Do LSAC employees work 7 days a week? If their schedule is more of a Monday-Friday 9-5 type thing, I would guess they would want to get the scores out before the weekend.

The LSAC website has this note from Kellye listed on the JD Applicant home page:

"A Note from LSAC’s President Regarding LSAT Score Releases

I know that waiting on your scores is difficult, and I am writing to assure you that we are making changes to permit quicker score releases, while also maintaining our commitment to accuracy and fairness. We will have additional information on specifics later this spring.

In the meanwhile, for the rest of 2018 we will set the release dates on the scores on an aggressive timeline to minimize your wait time, and stick to that schedule to minimize any anxiety about those release dates.

I want all candidates to know that we will always put students first and work hard to support your journey to law school and the legal profession. Our justice system needs your help, and we are hard at work developing more and better ways to support your pathways. Keep your passion for law and justice.

Best regards,
    Kellye Testy"

• Giselle112Giselle112 Alum Member
    151 karma

I think Saturday the 29th is the latest date the scores will be released. They may be released earlier, however. Check out this neat article from PowerScore. https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/lsat-score-release-dates-scheduled-vs-actual-comparison

Whoa. Based on the historic "actual" release dates, the September test scores were released on the Friday before the 3rd week..which is this Friday. I know LSAC is trying to stick to their actual schedule though "to minimize anxiety" lol. So maybe they'll actually release them on Saturday.

3256 karma

I think we can be pretty sure that if it's not Saturday (Saturday seems most likely) it'll be Friday.

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they lost traction and intensity that you had leading up to the September exam, spent all your energy on the week of the test, gave your best on test day, and now the drive + motivation is somewhat defused? I can't seem to pick up my pace again (and it's been almost 3 weeks already).

If anyone is going through the same phase, please let me know you're out there! Feels like I just went through an intense break-up and in dire need of SOME closure (aka September score).

*pulls hair

• wrasschaertwrasschaert Member
    310 karma

@keepcalmandneuron said:
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they lost traction and intensity that you had leading up to the September exam, spent all your energy on the week of the test, gave your best on test day, and now the drive + motivation is somewhat defused? I can't seem to pick up my pace again (and it's been almost 3 weeks already).

If anyone is going through the same phase, please let me know you're out there! Feels like I just went through an intense break-up and in dire need of SOME closure (aka September score).

*pulls hair

I'm absolutely with you on that sentiment. I can't find the motivation to study, which is odd. Because after the July LSAT, I was ready immediately to study again. But, this time I feel like I need my score before I can apply myself to studying again. Only a few more days, we can do this!

• TrinkSchokoTrinkSchoko Free Trial Member
    69 karma

@keepcalmandneuron said:

*pulls hair

I‘m so with you. I decided to take a break after the Sep test and realized shortly after that I just don’t want the break to end... any thought and effort on the application reminds me of the score release that is to come and with it anxiety and even more anxiety!

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited September 2018 737 karma

@wrasschaert said:

@keepcalmandneuron said:

*pulls hair

I'm absolutely with you on that sentiment. I can't find the motivation to study, which is odd. Because after the July LSAT, I was ready immediately to study again. But, this time I feel like I need my score before I can apply myself to studying again. Only a few more days, we can do this!

This is very normal. It's why I'd always advise against taking the real LSAT before you are confident that you're ready for it. Waiting on your score is stressful and I don't think anyone would want to go through that process any more than necessary.

• ReadyForThe99ReadyForThe99 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 111 karma

@keepcalmandneuron said:

*pulls hair

I'm so glad you posted this! I am in the same boat. It doesn't help that I keep checking my LSAC account to see if the scores were miraculously posted even though I know we will have to wait till the end of the week. I want to start studying again but it's just hard to pick up!

If anyone has advice on best ways to start studying again, that would be welcomed :smile:

267 karma

@ReadyForThe99 said:

If anyone has advice on best ways to start studying again, that would be welcomed :smile:

I just ordered a shiny new book of 10 preptests. I’ll let you know when it gets here if I am any more motivated to study them!

Does anyone else love the look and feel of the single test prep test booklets by the LSAC? I love them!

edited September 2018 9372 karma

@john1roger said:

That being said, I think scores will come out on Friday. Do LSAC employees work 7 days a week? If their schedule is more of a Monday-Friday 9-5 type thing, I would guess they would want to get the scores out before the weekend.

Score releasing seems to be an automated process that is set in motion beforehand. So I think their plan is to finish everything by the end of Friday and to release it on Saturday. The June 2018 scores were released at 12:04 AM ET on the scheduled date. I don't think LSAC employees work until midnight.

After PowerScore complained, they said they listened to it and changed it to 9am:

• @keepcalmandneuron said:

*pulls hair

OMG ME!!!! I feel like....should I keep studying?... It's horrible. I've been trying to take practice tests to do a little refresh but I have no motivation. Zero. No, I'm not burnt out just patiently waiting for the most important score in my life!!! :neutral: I'm so glad that someone posted this!!

• @wrasschaert said:

@keepcalmandneuron said:

*pulls hair

Me too!! I was motivated to the max, but now it's like....hmmm. haha.

edited September 2018 9372 karma

September 2018 LSAT scores will be released on Saturday, September 29 starting at 9:00 am ET.

69 karma

This is a redundant post, but my family are starting to get annoyed of my "I'm so anxious whyyyy" statements so I should probably give them a break.
    Why am I so anxious it makes no sense!!! Like I should be working on my personal statement but I simply can't concentrate with this uneasiness. I didn't experience anything like that even right before the test and now even meditation doesn't help and nothing seems to have meaning until that score is out... Help ?

• Raychul123Raychul123 Member
    179 karma

@TrinkSchoko said:
    This is a redundant post, but my family are starting to get annoyed of my "I'm so anxious whyyyy" statements so I should probably give them a break.
    Why am I so anxious it makes no sense!!! Like I should be working on my personal statement but I simply can't concentrate with this uneasiness. I didn't experience anything like that even right before the test and now even meditation doesn't help and nothing seems to have meaning until that score is out... Help ?

I also felt this way, but then I realized there is literally nothing I can do but wait and that I am going to have to write my personal statement regardless. Try to enjoy the temporary time away from the LSAT(which hopefully will become permanent after Saturday) and keep chipping along at your personal statement- even if its 3 well written sentences a day!

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

@keepcalmandneuron said:

*pulls hair

I feel the same way. I think we need this recharging time to gear up for a potential November retake. At least that's my hypothesis. I am hoping that after tomorrow, that motivation and drive will be back and I'll kick studying into high gear again.

53 karma

@keepcalmandneuron I’m right there with you. Feeling so tired and can’t pick up my pace. I used to do 3-4 PTs per week befor the test. I’ve only done one since September, and that’s only because it was needed to the BR review . Lol you’re not alone . I think after we get our scores the energy will kick in.

• Is it weird that I’ve already gone grey? I know scores will start coming out around 9ET but this seems awfully early...

9372 karma

@"on the struggle bus" said:
    Is it weird that I’ve already gone grey? I know scores will start coming out around 9ET but this seems awfully early...

Yea, it seems like icons have gone grey. But this also happened for the July LSAT and the score release started at 9am. So don't worry, you can go to bed! :sweat_smile:

• @akistotle said:

@"on the struggle bus" said:
    Is it weird that I’ve already gone grey? I know scores will start coming out around 9ET but this seems awfully early...

Yea, it seems like icons have gone grey. But this also happened for the July LSAT and the score release started at 9am. So don't worry, you can go to bed! :sweat_smile:

It seems extremely unlikely I’ll be able to sleep at all, but thank you and good luck!

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

Heading to bed after writing 2 more sentences on my personal statement! WOOT. IT's SUCH an accomplishment.

Fingers crossed everyone!

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

Is it strange that I've gone grey even though I my score is still "temporarily on hold"?? :neutral:

53 karma

This will be the longest 35 minutes ......

9372 karma

@GenGen85 said:
    This will be the longest 35 minutes ......

And you know, LSAC starts releasing scores at 9am ET, so it might take some time.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/lHMCC5anW8GIM/giphy.gif

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

Are most people in the first wave of score releases ("starting at 9am ET")?

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

lol did anyone else take that survey on LSACs website hoping that if you did your score would be one of the first ones released.....or at least not one of the last.

53 karma

@akistotle mine will be the first one released...??? I have faith???

• Claire Z.Claire Z. Alum Member
    116 karma

It went live on my LSAC account at 9 on the dot, still no email.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

Can someone tell me where I can see my score on the LSAC page? I don’t see a portion that lists current scores anywhere. Tx!

69 karma

Live on my lsac page at 9:02, no email yet. Good luck for those who are still waiting!

53 karma

Got my score . How do I figure the curve ?